Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Headlight options- Supra style

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 firebird now
Engine: 305
Transmission: 5 speed
I like the look of your car rev. What happend to the front end?
Old 10-18-2002, 06:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: too many ...
Originally posted by brodyscamaro
even the "piece of **** R" sticker??? i didnt know they made type r camaros, i'll be damned learn something everyday

lol. just joking......kinda
You guys dont seem to understand that Revlimit has a sense of humor and runs those stickers for fun. It wasnt supposed to be 'Piece of **** Type R' or something, it says P.O.S R

Put 2 and 2 together!!

Alot of the guys in the drift scene run whacky stickers in whacky places. Just another part of the whacky things drifters do (if you've ever watched Option Video Comps you'd know what I mean). You should have seen him sliding at 50 mph with his foot and arm out the window. LOL
Old 10-18-2002, 06:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1999 Yamaha Banshee
Engine: 379cc twin cyl 2-stroke stroker
Transmission: 6 spd manual
Axle/Gears: 14/41 tooth
Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
You guys dont seem to understand that Revlimit has a sense of humor and runs those stickers for fun. It wasnt supposed to be 'Piece of **** Type R' or something, it says P.O.S R

Put 2 and 2 together!!

Alot of the guys in the drift scene run whacky stickers in whacky places. Just another part of the whacky things drifters do (if you've ever watched Option Video Comps you'd know what I mean). You should have seen him sliding at 50 mph with his foot and arm out the window. LOL
as a joke i can see it, i thought he was being serious(thinking he had to put a "r" on it), i have done things as a joke to like putting 15 performance manufactures' stickers on the hatch whe nthe car was bone stock
Old 10-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by blaznbrd
rev-limits car is kick A@@ i love it. Where did u get the front bumper and the hood? i wish they made that stuff for the bird. awsome job on the headlights!!!!:hail:
He made it all himself. I wish I was a good as him with that kinda stuff. I'm still a NooB. Trying to learn though ...
Old 10-18-2002, 08:20 PM

I think the front would look really good, if the middle piece on the bottom was still there.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:49 PM

). You should have seen him sliding at 50 mph with his foot and arm out the window. LOL
How did he drift with his arm and feet out the window
Old 10-19-2002, 02:20 AM

Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird, flat black
Engine: Stock 305 LO3
Transmission: Five speed
Are there any head lights out there that would fit for the bird? I am guessing I might just have to go with the fog light idea. (Thanks RAIF). And some people need to calm down alittle bit around here. I am sure Revlimit is a big boy and can take care of himself!! Nice mod by hte way, what is the watt output on those? And where you drifting off the track on the pic, or did the track cut out that way?
Old 10-19-2002, 02:40 AM

Car: 1992 Z28
Engine: fivepointsevenleeters
Transmission: nothing right now
didnt that 3rdgenexterior on a 4thgen body have those lights on his 1st camaro(one in SuperChevy) ?and you have to see Revlimits car in person...that will be a solid ride when its done.
Old 10-19-2002, 04:48 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1991 Corvette Coupe
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4/4L60 same trans different name
Originally posted by LT1guy
What a dick!!!

time for you to get off your high horse, bub
Old 10-19-2002, 08:54 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Trans Am
Originally posted by 1991tealRSt-topGuy
time for you to get off your high horse, bub
The OWNER of the car in question thought he was being slammed, after asking people not to...so why wouldn't I? Sorry for the misunderstanding, but with the people on this board that just live to flame anone who doesn't go with a stock appearance, I'm a little sick of it. If someone slammed another member's STOCK car, I'd react in the same way. It has no place on this board. As a "Moderator" I'd hope you'd agree.

"High Horse"...yeah, I defend myself and others when attacked
, which is way too often. If people would learn to keep their mouths shut when they have nothing positive or helpful/constructive to say, that wouldn't be necessary. If you'd like to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me...you're just going to get another good thread closed otherwise.

Last edited by LT1guy; 10-19-2002 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:32 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by vrooom305
How did he drift with his arm and feet out the window
Well you see its something drifters do to show they have complete control of the car. People do all kinds of stuff from sticking arms out the window, feet out the window, opening and closing doors, flashing the lights, turning on the wipers, all kindsa funny stuff. Just initiate the slide and control the wheel with one arm, the throttle with one foot (assuming your car has neutral handling) and you have one arm and one foot free to show off. I remember riding with him and he decided to stick a foot out. I was laughing so hard. We had another event today and he ripped the course up with my car. His control of a Camaro is amazing.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:36 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 88Bravo
And where you drifting off the track on the pic, or did the track cut out that way?
In that pic the tracks cuts into a 90 degree turn. Come sliding around the staging area of the 1/4 mile, slide back and fourth down the 1/4, and then take a 90 degree turn about 10 feet before the end of the 1/4 (not using the braking area). He's actually really close to the inside wall going about 45mph.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:42 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Adam62083
I think the front would look really good, if the middle piece on the bottom was still there.
He bought the front lip damaged and molded what was left into his stock front bumper. I think he did a great job considering what it looked like before (the damaged lip). Unfortunately some bad stuff happened today ... but umm .. damn old ladies ... i'll let him tell you guys if he wants to.
Old 10-20-2002, 02:29 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '82 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH400 4,000 stall
Axle/Gears: Currie 9", 4.56 gears
He bought the front lip damaged and molded what was left into his stock front bumper. I think he did a great job considering what it looked like before (the damaged lip). Unfortunately some bad stuff happened today ... but umm .. damn old ladies ... i'll let him tell you guys if he wants to.
What happend? Old lady give him a new stock front bumper?
Old 10-20-2002, 03:17 AM

Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird, flat black
Engine: Stock 305 LO3
Transmission: Five speed
The one question I have is are you guys sponsered? Drifting I think would tear up the tires left and right. I do that kind of stuff in snow and rain, fun as can be, I can only imagine what it is like on a dry track!!
Old 10-20-2002, 03:54 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 88Bravo
The one question I have is are you guys sponsered? Drifting I think would tear up the tires left and right. I do that kind of stuff in snow and rain, fun as can be, I can only imagine what it is like on a dry track!!
Nah none of us are sponsored. Usually what we do is show up rolling on a set of good wheels (like 16's or better) with grip tires for daily driving. We also bring 4-6 rims with us, we call those 4-6 wheels the drift rims. We find tires for the drift rims at various 'secret spots' around the island where tire companies toss almost bald tires in the trash. Thats why the drift rims are usually 15's (a common rim size for pass cars) cheap rims that can afford to get curbed or hit. Anyway, you leave the good wheels in the front because you need grip in the front when you drift at higher speeds. Then we take the good wheels off the back and just run through the drift rims. Then when you're done you put the good wheels back onto the rear, and drive home. Then for the next month you search your 'secret spots' for more tires to mount before the next driftsession and do it all over again.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Supreme Member

The OWNER of the car in question thought he was being slammed, after asking people not to...so why wouldn't I? Sorry for the misunderstanding, but with the people on this board that just live to flame anone who doesn't go with a stock appearance, I'm a little sick of it. If someone slammed another member's STOCK car, I'd react in the same way. It has no place on this board. As a "Moderator" I'd hope you'd agree.

"High Horse"...yeah, I defend myself and others when attacked
, which is way too often. If people would learn to keep their mouths shut when they have nothing positive or helpful/constructive to say, that wouldn't be necessary. If you'd like to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me...you're just going to get another good thread closed otherwise.
1. I am not this forum's moderator
2. People have their own opinions, LEARN to live with them, whether the criticism be bad or good....I suppose you want us to praise everything you say or do, even if we do not care for what you say or do
3. I'M not going to get this thread closed.......YOU ARE by making direct name-calls to individuals
4. By holding this type of attitude you are no-better than those who hold opinions you dispise
5. Your wholy titled to your opinion, but you are making too big of a deal out of it

Last edited by 1991tealRSt-topGuy; 10-20-2002 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:44 PM
Supreme Member

you're just going to get another good thread closed otherwise.
then you say this
What a dick!!!

then this
being a dick. Of course, now you are!

I better shut the **** up? What are you going to do about it?
Old 10-20-2002, 06:00 PM
Supreme Member

You can voice your own opinion whenever you want too it's a free country and feel free to say whatever you want too...........that's not the issue at hand......

What is the issue at hand is the fact that he asked NICELY not for people to start a flame war........Yet a comment was made....................

That's about it......it's not about appearance or different styles........it is simply about respecting people when they ask for some common courtesy.........that's it........

Last edited by FLYNLOW92rs; 10-20-2002 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:18 PM
Supreme Member

he wants common courtesy, but he goes off and curses everyone else off.................................:shrugs:
Old 10-20-2002, 08:22 PM

I am not going to lie and say that I like your cars look revlimit, its just not to my taste however, I am very impressed with your creativity and applaud your skills at creating a truly unique look for the otherwise difficult to change Camaro front end.

I support anyone that wants to change their cars look in any way shape or form, it really shows some creative freedom and I dont think anyone should attempt to oppress such a thing, after all not any one of us like exactly the same thing at any one time, thats why the world is such an interesting place. I would love to see more appearance mods they can really bring out some additional hidden beauty in the cars.

As far as bashing goes, much of it does not even require any attention; defense or otherwise. If they want to bash I say let em bash, who cares? There are enough mature people on this board that will offer you praise enough to counter the negative criticism so what does it matter? In other words, ignore the bad, embrace the good, you will feel much better about yourself if you do that.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:35 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by FLYNLOW92rs
What is the issue at hand is the fact that he asked NICELY not for people to start a flame war........Yet a comment was made....................
but the FACT is that he actually had the sticker, it wasnt a bash, it was a question. now if rev never had and never will had that sticker i would take that as a pure insult. but rev did have the sticker
Old 10-20-2002, 08:46 PM
Supreme Member

The fact is that this arguement is never gonna be solved until Freeze tells us what he actually meant by the comment....

In which case him and REVLIMIT should be arguing and not everybody else.........

So I'm done and letting it go..............
Old 10-21-2002, 07:27 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by 1991tealRSt-topGuy

1. I am not this forum's moderator

2. People have their own opinions, LEARN to live with them, whether the criticism be bad or good....I suppose you want us to praise everything you say or do, even if we do not care for what you say or do
3. I'M not going to get this thread closed.......YOU ARE by making direct name-calls to individuals
4. By holding this type of attitude you are no-better than those who hold opinions you dispise
5. Your wholy titled to your opinion, but you are making too big of a deal out of it
1. You are a moderator nontheless.

2.This isn't about opinion; its about bashing people and their cars. I'm not going to sit here and tell people what they should like or shouldn't, or that they can't express an opinion. I don't care what your opinion is, or anyone else's. I'm not here to change opinions. My problem is with unwarranted attacks. Maybe Freeze's comments weren't an attack, who knows. If they weren't an attack, he has my apology.

3. See above

4. I don't despise anyone for their opinion...you don't seem to be getting that. There is a place for all different types of cars, whether stock appearing or custom, and I have NO PROBLEM with anyone building their car to their own taste. I may not like it, but I don't have to...its not my car...and as long as the owner is happy with it that is all that matters. If you see something you don't like, go ahead and voice your opinion, but try to do it in a nonhostile manner. You can say that you don't like something, or would do it differently, without being insulting. I think too many people hide behind the anominity and safety of message boards.

5. Again, this isn't about my opinion...its about having a mature, friendly environment on a message board.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:45 AM

Car: 1983 Black Z28
Engine: 350 5.7 Carb
Transmission: Standard
Hmm.. i had thought of this before and i guess REVLIMIT thought of it too.. or he see my old post

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=130801

hehehe

REVLIMIT how did you do it.. i want to see pics of the assembly!
Old 10-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Supreme Member

its about having a mature, friendly environment on a message board.
then i suggest you be the first to grow up

i didnt want to have to say that, but it was comming

BE THE BIGGER MAN, IGNORE WHAT YOU DONT LIKE

DONT RESPOND BY CALLING CHILDISH NAMES!

YOUR JUST SINKING YOURSELF EVEN LOWER

PLEASE, take what i just said as constructive criticism

there is always going to be an a$$hole or two ANYWHERE you venture in life, be the bigger man than them
Old 10-21-2002, 11:12 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 3.8
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Dana 60
Hmm, a rice thread. *** I love the appearance board on TGO. :sillylol:
Old 10-21-2002, 02:09 PM
Supreme Member

grow up
Old 10-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Red/Blk Bird loaded 3.4L & 700R4
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Originally posted by 91Bird305
Hmm, a rice thread. *** I love the appearance board on TGO. :sillylol:
Typical!
Old 10-22-2002, 11:26 AM
Supreme Member

Haha, thats funny that the 2 ***** boys on here post to my comment.

Hey wait, aren't I the ***** guys? :sillylol: :lala:
Old 10-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Supreme Member

Redraif isn't a boy...your other comments, as usual, aren't worth a response
Attached Thumbnails Headlight options- Supra style-shannon.jpg  
Old 10-22-2002, 01:03 PM

Car: 84 T/A,84 Bird,85 T/A Knight Automated Roving Robot
Engine: 305 HO many mods, 151C.I.D-stock,305 TPI stock for now
Transmission: 700-R4 Turbo Hydro-Matic
Redraif, that is a very nice picture of you!
Old 10-22-2002, 02:00 PM
Supreme Member

Oh yeah forgot she is the "hottie" of TGO.

Bah, I am just f-ckin with u little ***** guys (and girls ) I know u get that a lot.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:15 PM
Supreme Member

If you wanna talk ricers, then I say you are a ***** for spending money on appearance mods and sticking with a L03. If you were a true performance minded individual, swapping a TPI motor in there would have been your first move. But no you decided to fix up the L03 and even add exterior stuff. Kind of like the ricers you despise so much who fix up the bottom line Acura Integra motor and then do exterior mods. Since that seems to be your definition of rice (because it has nothing to do with attitude right?) then you are guilty a being a *****. Ya damn *****!! Hows that for f-king with ya??
Old 10-22-2002, 02:17 PM
Supreme Member

Didn't we talk about this before?

Oh yeah, I am a *****. Almost forgot.

You guys are f-cking hilarous.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:24 PM
Supreme Member

Now go cry somewhere!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 02:28 PM
Supreme Member

I would cry but there is no smilie for a crying face. I will try these ones to express it.

:nono: :sillylol:
Old 10-22-2002, 02:39 PM

WE WANNA SEE MORE PICS!!!...that looks good!!!

DABE
Old 10-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by DABE

DABE
Hehe...sorry, thats the only one either of us have online right now.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:10 PM
Supreme Member

DABE
*** here comes the horn dawgs. Don't any of u go to college or to the bar?
Old 10-22-2002, 03:29 PM

that post was towards the headlights.....the starting CONTENT of this thread...

DABE
Old 10-22-2002, 03:34 PM
Supreme Member

that post was towards the headlights.....the starting CONTENT of this thread...

DABE

Haha, good....I think.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:34 PM
Supreme Member

The way things get off topic here, its easy to forget the original reason for the post!
Old 10-22-2002, 03:38 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: 1991 Camaro RS Vert
Engine: 350 S-TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: GU5/G80/J65
I think revs car is a good car in the workings, I like how hes changed the look of it and gave it some "Attitude"

Personally, I dislike the wing it HAD on it, and looking forward to seeing the new one.

The front end looks good, but I would think it would pick up alot of debris off the road.

Are them headlights any brighter, easy to adjust, etc???

Nice pic of redraif. Nice to put a face with a name.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Supreme Member

Did anybody see this???

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=139073

Good luck with the repairs Rev.

Old 10-22-2002, 07:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '82 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH400 4,000 stall
Axle/Gears: Currie 9", 4.56 gears
Did anybody see this???

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=139073

Good luck with the repairs Rev.

Link didn't work for me... is the thread gone?
Old 10-22-2002, 08:04 PM

no worky

DABE
Old 10-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Supreme Member

I'm gonna try help him too. Looks bad to me. He says its fixable tho ... he knows more than me so I think he right. Rev, if you need a hand I can come over any day after work for a week and help you. Jus gimme a call.