Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

front amber signal lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 06:13 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: upgrading...
Transmission: upgrading...
front amber signal lights

Hey everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever changed the color of the stock amber (orange) marker lights (parking lights) on the front of their t/a.

I have blue neon glow installed inside and outside of my car (pics soon to come) and when its turned on, everything looks sweet except for those big orange lights on the front causing big big big clashing effect.

im looking at making them clear, and was wondering if there are any options outside of simply disassembling the stock lights and installing a custom clear-plastic piece in the orange-plastic peice's place.

i'll upload some pics as soon as i get home so you can all know what i mean.

if anyone else has an underbody neon kit on their trans am or camaro, please feel free to post in this thread. i have to say, on my trans am, the kit fits in so beautifully and you cant see a single inch of bulb all the way around the car.
its gorgeous.

peace.

-theSteve
icq#15924873
steve_hodges@hotmail.com
Old 07-27-2002, 07:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 Formula Firebird
Engine: 305 - Demon 525
Transmission: 700R4
I know someone who got a ticket for having blue neon side markers. The law says that color is reserved for ambulances. Dont know about Canada. Do they have the same laws there?
Old 07-27-2002, 10:10 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Somewhere around the South Side of Chicago just crusin' in one of the Niteriders
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92RS 25th Anniv./88 IROC Z28 Vert
Engine: 305 TBI w/Tpi Air / 305 TPI
Transmission: 700r4/700r4
Axle/Gears: Posi
I love the amber markers on my black car. The clear ones that camewith later models seem to cause a problem for their owners. I really am not trying to emulate those European or Japenese cars.
Old 07-27-2002, 08:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: upgrading...
Transmission: upgrading...
as far as the legal issues involved.. it is indeed illegal to drive with both my underbody and interior neon turned on. i got pulled over the first night i was driving around . (i live in B.C. , Canada)

the maximum total fine is 86 dollars canadian, which is made up of 2 smaller fines for 1) having more than the necessary or factory origonal number of light bulbs 2) creating a distraction for other drivers.

as far as im conserned, some chick with big ***** in a bikini top walking down the sidewalk is way more of a distraction than a black car with blue lights underneath it at night. i think the law is lame, but quite honestly, its completey worth paying a measly 86 bucks canadian to turn that many heads.

its illegal to have the interior ones on as well, but all you can see of those lights from outside in another car is a glow on the faces of the 2 people in the front seats, which could just as easily be from some digital dash or something.

granted, the digital dash available in the GTA's are not at all blue, but find me your average cop that knows that.

i really do want to change my signal lights though.. it looks alright, but it would look way way better as far as im conserned to keep the colors similar. i will somehow find a way to make the markers clear (white) and then if that doesn't work out i may go blue. which would be a very easy mod to do - they have lights designed specifically to be placed inside headlight and signal light casings.

besides the fact that the white / blue would not clash with the glow kit, i just enjoy modding the hell out of my car and making it unique, so one more little exterior mod will just make me that much happier.

anyways if anyone else has any ideas of how i can accomplish this, please let me know

peace.