Alternative Port EFI Intakes This board is for tech discussions and questions about aftermarket port EFI such as the HSR, MR, SR, BBK, FIRST, etc.

Correct Victor EFI Manifold PN's

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Correct Victor EFI Manifold PN's

Going to start ordering some parts and want to make sure I am getting the right parts. Is this the correct EFI Manifold?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/29785/10002/-1

Need fuel rail kit, injectors, intake elbow, and I assuming some provision to hook up to the fuel lines (AFPR)?

Thanks
Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Supreme Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 82 Z28
Engine: 383 SP EFI/ 4150 TB
Transmission: T400
Axle/Gears: QP 9" 3.73
Re: Correct Victor EFI Manifold PN's

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
I assuming some provision to hook up to the fuel lines (AFPR)?
#29785 the one I have

Regulator (Aeromotive 13301 or similar small body reg ) can be mounted directly to fuel rail .Fuel into one end of rail ,crossover at other , bypass reg at end of opposite .
Pic of my reg setup as it was bought.I have plugged the line shown with the elbow on it so only line out of reg is the return line at bottom.Previous owner had crossovers at both ends of rails with the supply line at pass front

rail.

Last edited by vetteoz; 11-30-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
Car: '88 Formula, '94 Corvette, '95 Bird
Engine: LC9, LT1
Transmission: TKX, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, 3.23

Originally Posted by vetteoz
#29785 the one I have

Regulator (Aeromotive 13301 or similar small body reg ) can be mounted directly to fuel rail .Fuel into one end of rail ,crossover at other , bypass reg at end of opposite .
Pic of my reg setup as it was bought.I have plugged the line shown with the elbow on it so only line out of reg is the return line at bottom.Previous owner had crossovers at both ends of rails with the supply line at pass front

rail.
Nice!

-- Joe
Old 11-30-2009, 12:00 PM

#29785 the one I have

rail.
So in costing it out, the same parts are needed with the single plane as with the HSR...fuel rails, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, injectors, fuel line, and in the case of the single plane an intake elbow.

Looking about $800 with all to be up and running???
Old 11-30-2009, 12:10 PM
TGO Supporter/Moderator
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
Car: '88 Formula, '94 Corvette, '95 Bird
Engine: LC9, LT1
Transmission: TKX, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, 3.23

So in costing it out, the same parts are needed with the single plane as with the HSR...fuel rails, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, injectors, fuel line, and in the case of the single plane an intake elbow.

If you go with the holley singleplane, the fuel rail kit comes with everything you need minus hoses. Ready to accept -6 lines (twist lock).

-- Joe
Old 11-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Supreme Member

As I am new to this tuning game ( five years and still getting there) I decided to hedge my bets.
Carb on SP EFI. Allows me to do baseline comparisons; carb vs my EFI tune without a intake swap.
I am dedicated to EFI but what a pleasure it was when I dropped the 750DP on in place of the HSR and my 847 cam idled down to 650 rpm without stinking out the garage
Waiting for my trans to come back so I can do some tuning and back to back testing of my new SP

Old 11-30-2009, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by anesthes
If you go with the holley singleplane, the fuel rail kit comes with everything you need minus hoses. Ready to accept -6 lines (twist lock).

-- Joe
Nice thanks for pointing me in that direction Joe.

As I am new to this tuning game ( five years and still getting there) I decided to hedge my bets.
Carb on SP EFI. Allows me to do baseline comparisons; carb vs my EFI tune without a intake swap.
I am dedicated to EFI but what a pleasure it was when I dropped the 750DP on in place of the HSR and my 847 cam idled down to 650 rpm without stinking out the garage
Waiting for my trans to come back so I can do some tuning and back to back testing of my new SP

So I notice you have a Vette is it a C4? Does your setup fit under the C4 stock hood. Also with the Carb EFI single plane setup...have you dyno'd or tracked your setup using that snorkel to the Carb? Just curious how much hp it will support?
Thanks
Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Supreme Member

Does your setup fit under the C4 stock hood.
I have a rather large hole and Pro stock scoop used to clear the HSR I previously ran.Just to annoy the purists

Also with the Carb EFI single plane setup...have you dyno'd or tracked your setup using that snorkel to the Carb? Just curious how much hp it will support?
Still to run new SP intake .
The carb I will run with a 14" air cleaner on the street and a baseplate sealed to the scoop for the strip so as to only get cooler outside air in.
The Accufab TB uses the hat because I am still running MAF so I need provision for the MAF sensor on the intake ducting
When this setup goes into the race only C4 like it was supposed to I will run SD with the air cleaner setup as for the carb
Old 11-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 88 Camaro SC
Engine: SFI'd 350
Transmission: TKO 500
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt w/ 3.23's

There are a bunch of different ways to do up the fuel lines if you use the victor. I used earls braded steel teflon line with their forged anodized fittings along with a holley two way regulator mounted remotely. The braded teflon lines meant for brake fluid where teh only ones earls would rate for use with fuel. They say that the other lines may break down with certain additives. If you use the braided steel teflon lines, make sure you plan your setup in advance. The lines have a very large minimum bending radius, so you have to try to run things in sraight lines to avoid sharp bends.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:42 AM
Supreme Member

Heres how I did my routing. Just out of curiosity, what kind of car will you be putting this in? I know in my thirdgen with the vortec SFI, it was TIGHT. I had to cut the back end of one of the rails off and retap to clear my dist., not to mention all the work it was to get the stock hood to clear. I resorted to cutting out most of the re-inforcement and raising the rear hood stops to get it to clear. You may also want to consider running an elbow if your using it in a third gen. Probably about the only air cleaner that would clear the stock hood would be the edelcrap triangle of death.
Attached Thumbnails Correct Victor EFI Manifold PN's-vic.jpg  
Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by dimented24x7
Heres how I did my routing. Just out of curiosity, what kind of car will you be putting this in? I know in my thirdgen with the vortec SFI, it was TIGHT. I had to cut the back end of one of the rails off and retap to clear my dist., not to mention all the work it was to get the stock hood to clear. I resorted to cutting out most of the re-inforcement and raising the rear hood stops to get it to clear. You may also want to consider running an elbow if your using it in a third gen. Probably about the only air cleaner that would clear the stock hood would be the edelcrap triangle of death.
I have a 91 White Formula 350 (WS6), I was going to do an LS1 swap (still have the motor), but decided I didn't want to change the car as there were not a whole lot of them and I actually also have a 90' V6 Firebird (19K orig. miles) that I think I will swap the LS1 into as it is not as rare.

So I am looking for intake options that will avoid me having to cut the hood on my 91' Formula. I like the dyno and track results of the HSR but the hood needs to be cut to fit it. So I have been exploring the single plane EFI option. So I am looking for those people's setups and not trying to reinvent the wheel. Thanks for sharing your pics.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Joe what part number is the holley kit. I tried looking on the Summitracing website and couldn't find it??????

Thanks
Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Supreme Member

Look into possibly using an elbow on the intake to reduce the needed clearnace. Several companies make them. They will allow you the option of also using a standard TB mounted in the same general location as your current TPI.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by dimented24x7
Look into possibly using an elbow on the intake to reduce the needed clearnace. Several companies make them. They will allow you the option of also using a standard TB mounted in the same general location as your current TPI.
Problem with the E intake as I have found out is due to the air gap design the pad for the thermo housing is way higher than any LTR intake ; about 3 3/4" from china rail without housing.
( stock TPI is 1 3/4" and offset to the side)
This prevents you using most over the counter elbows
This is what one owner did to get clearance for the hat

Old 12-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1980 Corvette
Engine: 383 fuel injected
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3:07

Here is a different shot of my intake.
Name:  ductwork003.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  84.5 KB

The edelbrock is about the lowest of the bunch. Mine is the Accel ProRam. I had to cut 1 1/8 inches off the carb pad to get the needed clearance. If I had to do it again than I'd just buy the Edelbrock. The only thing I didn't like about the Edelbrock was the way the fuel rails were fastened to the manifold.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by KENS80V
The only thing I didn't like about the Edelbrock was the way the fuel rails were fastened to the manifold.

A little cheap and nasty , but no leak problems so far.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 375 Likes on 303 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc-z
Engine: 555 BBC Turbo
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 bolt 3.42

Something like that. 411 for the manifold and fuel rails from edelbrock on summit racing. Jegs i think is similar.

You dont have to use the edelbrock rails but they are 90 bucks so you cant really beat that. Holley stealth ram rails will fit the edelbrock system I do believe, (i remember fitting them on the setup) so you can use that regulator, but since that regulator is known for failures, you may want to swap it out for the Kirban unit which is like 105 bucks or so. very nice regulator.

If you go that route you will end up spending much more money tho, might as well just buy an Aeromotive or comparable, slap it on the Victor rails or remote mount the regulator like i did. Then just buy fittings/lines to hook up to your stock hardlines, much like the HSR swap.

As far as how the edelbrock rails mount... its kinda cheap but it works. I have ran up to about 18psi through my manifold and no fuel leaks. Those injectors are not popping out the holes anytime soon.

Intake elbow is a problem based on the above mentioned post about the waterneck being so damn high. Drill and tap the manifold for a 1/2 NPT plug and run line to a remote LT1 style waterneck housing (much like how you do the LT1 manifold swap on these cars) or do what the above did with a custom waterneck tube welded on.

With regular waterneck (atleast the one i have) i think you need an elbow with a 2" rise from flange to TB centerline to clear the waterneck. My elbow uses 3" and leaves about 1" clearance above the waterneck. This also will require atleast a 3" cowl hood. I have 4" cowl and it looks to have about 1-1.25" of clearance. Thats not in your plans.

What I'd try to do is find a lower rise waterneck and try to take some measurements to get something in there to fit. ELSE, make a sideways elbow that goes over the rails. MAY beable to keep it low enough at that point to clear the stock hood.