Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

ahhh, ProTech sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 11:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahhh, ProTech sucks!!!

I got my car back today, after Craigs Collision and Pro Tech have had it since two weeks ago. and the FIRST thing i noticed was that the Tach was screwed up. I had to remove the plastic clear piece that covers the guages a while back because i cracked it, so it wasn't protecting the guages. and i guess they decided to CLEAN the area around the steering column, and then they wiped the tach area with a rag and screwed it up, the tach moves a total of half an inch, and idles at 0 RPMS.... you can see the wipe mark in the picture below.

and here is a list of the other problems:

2. Bypassed VATS because they "didn't understand it"
3. The center consol shifter plate isn't all the way down because theres a wire sticking out of it.
4. The Headlight dimmer switch DOESN"T work, they are stuck on bright
5. The lower panels aren't securied properly, they are hanging low.
6. they forgot to put on the C-clip on the steering wheel nut, which is the only thing keeping the nut from coming loose and having the steering wheel come off.
7. they told me that EVERY peice of the steering column was BRAND NEW, "down to the spring on the hazard button"
and probably a few more things....

gonna fix the headlight switch tomorrow, and VATS over the weekend, and then bring it back to Pro Tech and let them listen to my alarm....

ProTech in bedford texas, never go there
Old 02-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Supreme Member

forgot the pic
Attached Thumbnails ahhh, ProTech sucks!!!-tach.jpg  
Old 03-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Trans Am 'Vert
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5 Speed
What exactly did you have done? If I were you, I would take that car back there, and make them fix every damn thing that they screwed up. Dont let yourself go thorough the trouble of fixin someone elses mistakes!
Old 03-03-2002, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
morons, unfortunately, will always return to their natural state...

If they were too stupid to figure it out the first time then how likely are they to want to spend more shop time on it? They could be breaking someones else car and charging them for it.

Something from Canada (I don't know if we can do it in the US)...

When a large repair or service is done to your car, house, boat etc... you are entitled to a "withhold" of 10% of the pre tax bill. This is to ensure that if the service isn't done properly they will have to fix it to get the rest of your money. Shops hate this but there's nothing they can do about it...

Call the BBB to find out if it can be done in your state
Old 03-20-2002, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why did you have pro tech work on your car, it's a import "performance" :sillylol: shop. the only thing i would do there is get my car dynoed.