Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Problems with Thirdgen Resource...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problems with Thirdgen Resource...

Has anybody had problems with thirdgen resource before? I ordered a headliner in January and when I got it the color was wrong so I returned it for the right color on February 7. It's now almost April and no headliner. I've called the lady numerous times and she only says that it'll be in with in 5 days. The last time I called I was put on hold then hung up on. I called right back and they wouldn't answer. I've also emailed and no replies whatsoever. But when I asked for a price before I bought the headliner they emailed real quick.

I've already made a complaint with my credit card and I'm going to fight it. I hope none of you have to go through this hassle.

------------------
Erik '89 Formula 350 TPI
13.96 @ 97 on motor
12.63 @ 111 w/NOS
http://www.geocities.com/formulal98/
Old 03-29-2001, 10:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALOT of others have had problems. Check lower on this same board for a similar post.
Old 03-29-2001, 10:01 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1983 Z28
Engine: 6.6L 406
Transmission: T-56
I am having aprob with them right now but they have sent me half the order and I want to be nice till i get the rest but after that I am not using them ever again.

------------------
LONG LIVE THE MUSCLE CAR!!!!! MAY ITS REIGN NEVER END

1983Z28 350w/ edelbrock performer RPM power package with 64cc aluminum heads, dynomax shorty headers, 700R-4 with shift kit, 750cfm carb, edelbrock 3" exhaust system, ASCD SS hood, 16" IROC rims.

future mods:
completely done over suspension, black paint with flames, Hurst shifter, dakota digital gauge package, procharger supercharger.
Old 03-31-2001, 09:19 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2004 GTO
Engine: LS1
I ordered a positive battery cable from them for an '89 Formula 350. The one they sent was incorrect,as there were THREE different cables for 1989. I called them and they said they would send a call tage, but I never got one and forgot about it. It was only $25.00.
Old 04-10-2001, 01:42 PM

First off I tried buying weatherstripping from them and they tried to sell it to me at 5 times the cost of soffseals stuff. I agree with you guys THIRDGENRESOURCE SUCKS!! I am new to the board and I work about 15 minutes from their yard in Charlotte. You would think by the looks of their web-site that they have a lot of third gen parts on hand. When all they really have is a bunch of junk and scrap heaps. The reason you guys are not getting your stuff is because they dont have it when they sell it to you and bill your credit card and on top of that they are so under staffed they cant catch up and dont care that the customers are unhappy. With these guys its all about the money and not custoner service or repeat customers.
Old 04-10-2001, 05:15 PM
Supreme Member

they suck also
Old 05-10-2001, 09:16 AM

You guys are tough... It seems that now matter how hard we try we can't please eveyone. We also know that sometimes it is our fault. The weatherstripping we quoted is GM and it is 5 times as much but it is also 5 times better than soffseal. We just posted a GM T-Top kit on our site for $175. It is an 8 piece kit and all GM. If you price it out individualy one t-top seal that attaches to the body list for $95 each. Now if you total it all up your looking at $350 just for the t-tops. As far as the headliners. Well if you ordered the wrong color and you need to return it we eat the cost of the entire headliner because YOU ordered the wrong color. That's a hard thing to swallow when you are not a mega corparation selling parts. Remember, I have a few third gen's my self. I experience some the same problems you experience with other parts vendors like summit and jeg's. We are making every effort to please every customer.

------------------
Roy Fender
Third Gen Resource
www.thirdgenresource.com
Old 05-10-2001, 03:23 PM

Not to sound like a **** ... but who in their right mind order the wrong color headliner ? I think everybody on this board knows the color of their interior! LOL It would be pretty hard to convince me I have a red interior when I know for a fact it's grey! Now shipping the wrong color is a lot easier because whoever is shipping it CAN make a mistake. I doubt Erik Formula 98 told you his headliner is one color when in fact it's another. He should know... he probably sees the interior of his car pretty often
Old 05-10-2001, 03:36 PM

Just to clarify ... In the third gen camaro's & firebird's they put in numerous shades of GRAY/RED/TAN, etc.. This is common for someone to order the WRONG SHADE. Since this problem we have started requiring the year & model of the car before the order is placed to insure the correct COLOR is shipped.
Old 05-11-2001, 07:11 PM

It's pretty lame for you to attack the returning of the headliner when I could care less about that. What I'm complaining about is the time you've taken to send me the right one and how you hung up on me and didn't answer my calls right after. You also didn't answer any of my emails. It's a good thing my credit card already credited my account anyway. Just thought I'd let you know that I'll never buy parts from you again.

------------------
Erik '89 Formula 350 TPI
13.96 @ 97 on motor
12.63 @ 111 w/NOS

[This message has been edited by Erik formula L98 (edited May 11, 2001).]
Old 05-14-2001, 10:42 AM

Car: 86 iroc
Engine: 305
I cant believe they responded,even though it did take them over 100 negative post about thier service.Now lets be fair,there was about 10 good comments that I saw.I ave heard everything from false ads,trashed parts,not returning phone calls,etc and this is the best response you can come up with,to attack the guy who bought the headliner instead of doing what it takes to please him really makes you look bad.What about the late response to him and others?stop looking for a reason to blame every customer.Have any of the problems listed on these boards been your fault?Maybe you should shut the doors and re-group.Hire some people,truly list what you have and its condition,and maybe take some management classes because it seems this thing fell apart before it even got started.And how about a "sorry" instead of "you guys are tough".Think about it.

------------------
~mike~86 IROC-Z
Old 05-14-2001, 03:15 PM

Erik,

Sorry. You have every right to be upset or even pissed at us. I'm not sure how i could correct it this point but I would like to opportunity to try. zee28 is right on some accounts. The phone calls and emails not being returned. Well, I'm not sure about that. We are trying to find someone to man the phones from 8am to 5pm. It is hard to find someone who knows 3rd gen parts. We do apologize for the way we handle your problem.
Old 05-14-2001, 07:22 PM

Apology accepted.

------------------
Erik '89 Formula 350 TPI
13.96 @ 97 on motor
12.63 @ 111 w/NOS
Old 05-14-2001, 09:04 PM
Supreme Member

Too bad I didn't live in the area I would love to work at a 3rd gen junkyard.

------------------
I WOULD RATHER PUSH A CAMARO THAN DRIVE AN IMPORT

1983Z28 350w/ edelbrock performer RPM power package , dynomax shorty headers, 700R-4 with shift kit, 750cfm carb, edelbrock 3" exhaust system, ASCD SS hood, 16" IROC rims.

future mods:
completely done over suspension, black paint with flames, Hurst shifter, dakota digital gauge package, procharger supercharger.
Old 05-14-2001, 09:08 PM
Banned

well you can fu(ken bet I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU GUYS!!!!!
Old 05-16-2001, 10:02 PM

Well I got my problem with them sorted out recently. I ordered the door panels they had advertised on their web page for $119 (they were black vinyl) and I also ordered a couple power window switches while I was at it too save on shipping (they were $14 each). They sent me an e-mail the day after and said that they no longer sell the door panels but they shipped the switches anyways. I was kinda pissed about them not asking me if I still wanted the switches but anyways nothing I can do about that now. So the switches show up and one of them is grey coloured and I think off a firebird the other is one for an 86 IROC like I have. So I e-mail them back and after a few e-mails they get back to me and say for me to ship in the switches. So I send the switch back and within a couple weeks or so I got the right switch back in the mail sent first class. So in the end they got it pretty well straightened out and I guess I could understand it taking a while to get back to customers if they were really busy..

------------------
Karsten
86 IROC-ZZ4... too much to list.
Old 05-21-2001, 01:17 PM

Well, I am gratified to see Thirdgensource on the board making a attempt to repair any PR damage.

I noticed that TPIS didn't respond to the posts about them, even though the page was forwarded to them.

I'd rather take a chance with a vendor who at least tries to address customer concerns in a direct and resolute fashion than to just fluff them off. Anyone can sell parts. Not everyone can give great customer service. And directly responding to a BBS like this tells me that at least SOMEBODY cares. Some relationships become irrepairable no matter what's said or done. It takes just a bit of give and take on both sides to make the customer/vendor relationship work properly. So far, everyone I've delt with, has lived up to their reputations. For which I am very grateful.

------------------
1986 IROC-Z28 L98 TPI BW WC T-5
Air Foil
K & N
Custom Ram/Cold Air Induction
Koni Gas Shocks
Spohn LCAs and PHrod
Art Houser/Moser 3.73:1 Torsen Diff
Amsoil lubes and oil filter
Flash to Pass feature & 100w Euro lighting
Recaro Driving seat
Hurst Comp + shifter
Random Tech SHF cat
Old 05-26-2001, 11:47 AM

Car: '92 Typhoon/ '79 Vette
Engine: Turbo 4.3L/Forged 355ci
Transmission: 4l60/th350
damn, i wish i, and everyone else could have gotten an apology
https://www.thirdgen.org/messgboard/...ML/000084.html
or even better, what we ordered. lol played tackle with the order. it was a pretty perfect looking box though.

hey i just visited their site again for sh*ts and g*ggles ( ) and noticed that they are now selling whole cars! wow! instead of parting them out and sending good parts, there putting the good parts into cars they can sell. well i guess its good if you want a 3rdgen, isntead of need to fix your 3rd gen.
------------------
1979 L-82 Beefed up Corvette. Bright-orange with orange pearl.
end of summer: NOS!! im thinkin 250 shot. (already have a full race engine.)
god i love this car.

1985 WS6 Trans AM T-tops
bone stock sloth of an engine on its last leg(LG4 w/ 172,000mi)
T-5 tranny. thank god, i couldnt stand an LG4 auto.
Plans for an LT1,
dual flowmaster exaust,
& a pounding stereo.
but its gotta wait for my Vette to be a badarse before it will be.

[This message has been edited by 85ws6TA (edited May 26, 2001).]
Old 05-27-2001, 10:35 AM
Supreme Member

hey I would rather see one put back together than stripped down and put in the crusher!

------------------
I WOULD RATHER PUSH A CAMARO THAN DRIVE AN IMPORT

1983Z28 350w/ edelbrock performer RPM power package , dynomax shorty headers, 700R-4 with shift kit, 750cfm carb, edelbrock 3" exhaust system, ASCD SS hood, 16" IROC rims.

future mods:
Old 05-31-2001, 10:56 AM

Car: 1985 IROC Z-28
Engine: 355
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: 3:73
My order was screwed up, but they corrected it.

------------------
Carburated 5-speed
Vortec heads,1.6 roller rockers, .480 Crane cam,T-5,355 4-bolt, 3.73 posi,SSM Kit
Old 06-12-2001, 03:52 PM

Im glad I get on the board. I was about to send them about 500 bucks for seat covers and door panels.
Old 06-15-2001, 01:12 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Ummm... Just reading this was enough to keep me away from them.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You guys are tough... It seems that now matter how hard we try we can't please eveyone.</font>
Your in the wrong business, if you can't answer a phone and take the listing of a part and send it out... wrong business. If you are having problems with YOUR people messing up the orders, try getting order numbers. That way when someone on the site sees it, they can give the person they are speaking with the number and it can be shipped out. If you already have this, then you have a major problem.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">As far as the headliners. Well if you ordered the wrong color and you need to return it we eat the cost of the entire headliner because YOU ordered the wrong color.</font>
Okay, so he ordered the wrong color... I would say, make it so the customer could tell easier... but you've already done so. Nice work. Still, you can attempt to send him out his right headliner instead of making him wait 2 months.

I'm glad to see you are trying to apologize for your mistakes as well as correct them Roy, but the fact is there is way too many of them being made. Just like you said, your not a mega corporation. You should be doing better than this. The headliner might have been this guys problem, but what about the rest of these complaints? Did you pick the headliner one because you could point out that you are losing money because of HIM as you like to put it... in all caps.

Maybe I'm going in the wrong direction on this post, but I can say I won't order through you all.

------------------
91 Z28
Mods: SLP Exhaust, umm...nothing else..sorry

Stereo: Alpine 855, Infinity Kappas all around, Infinity 150x2 amp (POS), Infinity Perfect 10 in hatch.

Webpage coming soon.
Old 07-05-2001, 12:41 AM

Ive had a world of trouble as well...

First, on the site, i found a parts car that was WHITE, (a TA) and had a rear bumper cover i was interested in. I then ordered it, (and some other parts totaling 300 dollars, with shipping). When it got to me, the bumper was black, and had a crease in it... A dent or a crease, im not sure, i do not know body work, but its NOT straight.

I emailed them, upset that A) i was not sold the bumper i had looked at, which (to me) told me that looking at pics on their site is useless, since they send you different parts anyway; b)they told me if i wanted a refund, they would pay the 75 for the bumper, but i could ship it back at my cost (as i shipped it to myself at my cost as well), but they would not reimburse shipping, because a "used part" is a "used part".

they then told me that they decided to give me the black one because the white one was cracked. My argument was that i would have liked to at least know, so i could have denied that i wanted the black one, saved myself the money, and not had to pay shipping both ways, for a refund that probably wont cover the two way shipping of a useless (because of aforementioned bend/crease/dent) bumper that is sitting in my living room.

Not to mention they took upwars of seven days to answer each email i sent them.

------------------
1988 Formula, 305TPI, 700r4(for now), headers, stage 2 PROM, modded MAF, cat back, no catalytics, cowl hood, centerline champ 500 rims, KOBEL predator ground effects kit, Trans AM tailights, dash pouch, 92 shift console w/indicator, white face gauges, accented red trim, 12 speaker stereo, 4 amps, tint, T tops... icq 44373460 AIM:twiceroadsfool
see it at www.geocities.com/admrlam/Bird.html
Old 07-05-2001, 04:51 PM

Man I remember it was around late March when I was going to buy a new headliner from them & then this thread started. I'm sure glad that I backed off trying to get it from them.

------------------
- Mike Harvey -
1986 Firebird S/E
Old 07-06-2001, 03:00 AM
Jza

karstenkurtz: You'd think the guy sticking the switches in the box would notice they were two different colors, and maybe want to check on it being correct... I mean, I know some of us have more than one thirdgen, but it's not quite that common...

2: hell yeah, i'd work at a 3rdgen junkyard too. man tha phones.. and you can bet i'd know what i'm talking about on most or all parts, and if i didn't i'd be spending my free time tooling around the cars damnm well learning.

3: but i'd never own or run one. you guys (yard owners) put up with and dish out a lot of crap, and crap is not in my nature. when some dude has the nerve to try and sell me a frickin 10 year old, used part for not much less than a brand new, fresh out of the mold, still smells like hot plastic, part, i never come away with a warm fuzzy feeling and the idea of coming back to spend more of the money that i earn killing my back. especially if i know they got the car at some auction for a hundred bucks or was dropped off by some insurance company.
Old 07-08-2001, 06:01 PM
Jed

Car: 89 Formula 350
Engine: 360 / HSR
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.27
Guys, I ordered a T5 clutch/brake pedal assembly from them and did not have any problems. I recieved exactly what I ordered. I was reluctant to try them after reading this thread but I gave it a shot anyway, and my experience with them was a good one.
Old 07-08-2001, 07:19 PM

Lucky you...

Like i said, they offered me a refund on the crap (read: part) that they sent me, but not on the shipping. Between shipping it out once, and shipping it back, the money they give me (75 dollars) wont even cover it.

Whats worse, they wont even apologize, they just cop a damn attitude when i email them. Now i have a nasty back TA bumper sitting in my living room.

I hate them.
Old 07-09-2001, 01:43 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.0 TPI
My experience with them wasn't too bad. I ordered a set of 4th gen seats from them. The list price was $400, but it came to like $500 with shipping. Of course, my credit card was billed right away, but the seats weren't delivered for about a month. Despite all this, the seats were in very good condition, clean, no tears, and they even sent a power driver's seat.
Old 07-10-2001, 07:56 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mikes86SC:
My experience with them wasn't too bad. I ordered a set of 4th gen seats from them. The list price was $400, but it came to like $500 with shipping. Of course, my credit card was billed right away, but the seats weren't delivered for about a month. Despite all this, the seats were in very good condition, clean, no tears, and they even sent a power driver's seat.</font>
Um I got a quote for an entire leather interior including the dash, seats(power), console and door panels for 500 bucks... This was a 97 Camaro interior that I want to swap in. So I would say 500 for the seats alone is a rip off...
Old 07-11-2001, 10:45 PM

Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
I don't know.... maybe it's just me, but the "Roy Fender" thing kind of gave it away, guys...... your chain is being yanked by "Roy".
Old 07-12-2001, 08:20 PM

Car: 1992 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
I just ordered a complete TPI system from Thirdgen Resource Today....I dont know if I talked to Stacie or the other girl...but she was extremely nice, and the order went pretty smoothly...when I asked how long it would take to ship...she said she would give me a call whenever she finds out...the first sign I saw that it would be a good order experience was when I was emailing and then the call....the next sign will be if/when they call to tell me how long it will take to ship and how much it will cost....the third sign will be how soon my order arrives...and the last sign will be how the merchandise turns out......if i have any problems...I will do my best to resolve them with them....and only if i feel completely screwed over by them will I post that this company sucks...but so far they are good in my book.

------------------
1992 Teal Camaro RS
T-Tops
305 TBI V8
Open air element
3" Flowmaster Exhaust System w/Quad Tips
Aiwa CD/Mp3 player
10 Disc CD Changer
Rockford Fosgate Speakers
SLP Headers Coming
Dynomax High Flow Cat Coming
More to come.
Old 07-15-2001, 02:04 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1988 Camaro Convertible
Engine: 355
Transmission: 700r4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Camaro_hunter_d:
Um I got a quote for an entire leather interior including the dash, seats(power), console and door panels for 500 bucks... This was a 97 Camaro interior that I want to swap in. So I would say 500 for the seats alone is a rip off...</font>

Last edited by Jstcrzyengh; 08-27-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:48 AM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jstcrzyengh:
Hey Camaro Hunter,

You got a complete interior for $500.00 bucks? WHERE!!! lol I need the hook up. I am looking for an entire interior. Let me know email is robbins1129@aol.com

Thanks also anyone else with a line on 4th gen parts for 3rd gens let me know I am doing the conversion.

James
</font>
sorry been a while since this post.. oh well the deal is at a local junk yard to West Frankfurt Illinois... But yeah I ask this is what I need and they said ok I got a car here how's 500 sound?... I nearly dropped the phone. When I ge the cash I'm gonna get it. Though I am gonna ask if I can take the center section of the car though and give them back the shell after I get all the parts I need.

Old 07-19-2001, 01:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '88 Iroc, '91 RS, and a '70 RS
Engine: 5.7 TPI; 5.0 TBI; ZZ4/T56 on the ag
Transmission: A4, A4, slated to be a T56
I've done a fair amount of business with them since I live in the area. I have had no problems, but I do have the benefit of actually going and getting exactly what I want when I need it. I think Roy and Stacie try to do the best they can with a limited schedule and VERY limited help, and I mean very limited. The yard help leaves a lot to be desired. That may be where the wrong items being shipped problem may lie. I watched the guy strap down a tranny to be shipped and fluid was going everywhere! I wouldn't have put that thing in anything I drove. Just my .02

------------------
Ed Miller
Charlotte, NC
1991 RS, 305 TBI,
bone stock driver;
1988 IROC L98
TPIS Fast Pack, modified MAF, MSD 6A, Dynomax cat-back so far.

"Do you want to race or don't ya? I want to race." Dale Earnhardt
Old 08-02-2001, 08:30 AM

Ive had good luck dealing with thirdgen resource.

------------------
L98, 3.27 9-bolt, Hooker shorty headers, custom 2.5inch Y-pipe, no cat, 3inch 2chamber flowmaster, JET AFPR, Ported MAF, Best ET: 13.86 @100mph. 1.99 60'
17 inch ROH "ZS" wheels. 17x8.5(front) and 17x9.5 (rear). Firestone Firehawk SZ50s. 245/45/zr17s and 275/40/zr17s. T56

On the way... Radar Blue 89 Formula, T56, Ram Jet 430, Ram Air, 17inch ROHs.
Old 08-03-2001, 09:29 PM

I ordered something from there in june and now its august and its still not here.
Old 08-04-2001, 01:19 PM

I e-mailed them 3 days ago & have not received a reply
Old 08-06-2001, 02:26 PM

I have had excellent luck with getting ahold of them through email. No problems here. Usually I will get a response the same day, if not, its the next morning.

------------------
L98, 3.27 9-bolt, Hooker shorty headers, custom 2.5inch Y-pipe, no cat, 3inch 2chamber flowmaster, JET AFPR, Ported MAF, Best ET: 13.86 @100mph. 1.99 60'
17 inch ROH "ZS" wheels. 17x8.5(front) and 17x9.5 (rear). Firestone Firehawk SZ50s. 245/45/zr17s and 275/40/zr17s. T56

On the way... Radar Blue 89 Formula, T56, Ram Jet 430, Ram Air, 17inch ROHs.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:54 AM

Stacy answered my e-mail today (see above)
Old 08-07-2001, 07:08 PM

Still NO T-TOP im getting very angry, I paid for shipping on this thing ,they should pay me for making me wait that long, im stupid I should have gone to my local pick and pull and bought one.... it better arive this week or im calling can b*itching like no other
Old 08-08-2001, 08:58 AM
Supreme Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Hhhmmm, thirdgenresource seems to be conspicuously missing here. Wonder why they have not bothered to post anymore?????

Could it be.... They got tired of being flamed???????

and some of you wonder why TPIS does not post here.

Thank you for proving my point.........

Gottaloveit!!!
Old 08-08-2001, 10:29 PM

I guess they're showing their true colors now. For a while I thought she was sincerely sorry for the mishap but never will I even think of buying from them again.

------------------
Erik '89 Formula 350 TPI
13.96 @ 97 on motor
12.63 @ 111 w/NOS
Old 08-09-2001, 08:30 AM
Supreme Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.7 TPI
It would appear they do have some "bugs" in their system. No matter the explanation, some of these folks just want to be mad at them. (and quite understandably too, I might add....)

Any retail business that cannot provide good customer support is doomed to be always mediocre. Or bankrupt, as the case may be..... It seems to me that they could use a little more help there. But, they may not be able to afford to pay someone to sit and answer phones as yet. While this may cramp their style, and cause some problems, this is relatively normal for a new business. (I am not sure how long they have been around.) Everyone goes thru growing pains.

Please keep in mind, I am NOT trying to justify/rationalize poor customer service, just trying to let you folks know some of the pitfalls of being in the retail/service industry.

Yes, they need to do something to make up for the problems.

Yes, they have some issues to deal with.

I would suggest, trying one more time to try and get some satisfaction from them before just writing them off.

You all have fun now, I know I am going to.
Old 08-13-2001, 02:30 PM
Banned

after all these problems that people have had you want us to give them another chance! MY GOD ARE WE THAT DUMB? I'm not. I am not going to be doing anymore bussiness with tigerdirect.com either. great prices and all but I ordered a motherboard on the 3rd. called a almost week later cause it was a no show. Found out that it was back ordered, then the guy came back on the phone and said it was discontinued! WTF is this?. I order another one and it still is not here!, called today and it has not even been shipped yet!. Even though the guy said they had it in stock!. I am so pissed off right now!.
I even tried ebay and almost got ripped off there! WTF is going on here!, I am so sick of E-tailers right now.
Old 08-14-2001, 01:29 AM

My first order with them went ok. I received the stuff they had within a week. the second order placed early July and have not heard anything from them, even after sending a few E-mails. Whats happening there?

------------------
My 85 Iroc
Old 08-20-2001, 01:01 AM

Car: 92 Z, 91 Formula, 04 CTS, 01 Tahoe
Engine: 355 forged 4 bolt, SuperRam, 58mm t
Transmission: T5, looking for t-56
It took them 2 MONTHS to get my SS hood to me!

------------------
'91 RS 5.0 TBI
New paint-solid black
ROH Snyper wheels-17x9 wrapped in 275/40/17
Eibach sportline springs
ASCD SS hood, High-rise Z-28 spoiler,
Hooker super comp headers,dual 3" exhaust,two 1-chamber Flomasters,Iroc sway bars,wonderbar,140 Iroc gauge cluster,Iroc steering box,Auto meter gauges,dual guage A-piller pods,open air filter,AFPR,smog delete
TBI mods,180* thermostat,
383 stroker in the works

President-Austin 3rd Gen F-body c.c.
Austin 3rd Gen F-body c.c. message board at
www.hpsmotorsports.net
See my car and others at www.ride4life.net
Old 08-22-2001, 10:59 AM

Car: 86 iroc
Engine: 305
why do people keep buying from them?Im sick of seeing thier stupid banner on this site too.If this thread isnt enough proof that they suck bad then I dont know what is.Cut them off and they wil go away,hopefully.

------------------
~mike~86 IROC-Z
Old 08-28-2001, 01:59 AM

Well I just received my parts. I ordered a new Washer bottle and got an old dirty coolant bottle. Thanks a lot
Old 08-31-2001, 05:18 PM

Damn it. I just won an ebay auction from them. I figured I could trust them b/c it was off of ebay..therefor I am covered. Well before I even bid on the item(which was a dome light cover for my '83 TA with t-tops and an overhead console) I made sure that I asked them if it would definitely fit my car. They said that it would definitely fit..therfor I went along and bid on the item. Bad move....b/c I just received the dome light cover today and it was the totally wrong one. I was mad because I could have gotten the same thing I paid $5 for...plus the security shipping...another $5...for only 50 cents at the local bone yard. I am pretty upset...but I am hoping that they fix it. I understand that everyone is not perfect...and I am hoping that they will send me the right one..and there is no way in hell I am paying shipping for anything. I am going to give them a chance though...and I have faith in them. I am kind of happy that I decided not to buy that set of seats from them...the reason I didnt buy them was from seeing this post. I figured that I would try them out through ebay...and if they were good to deal with with a smooth transaction that I would just go ahead and buy a set of 4th gens despite what everyone said. I learned the hard way..but I am a forgiving person. I hope I get my dome light cover in the mail sometime next week.

James
Old 09-04-2001, 05:07 PM

I've always had good results with them. As far as being understaffed is concered, on the website they are looking to hire someone to help correct the problem. I don't doubt any of the problems you folks say you've had. They been helpful to me and I hate to see folks get a bad taste in there mouth just from reading this board. Anyone who feels they been wronged will always speak up, but folks who are happy seldom do.

Quick Reply: Problems with Thirdgen Resource...