Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Jegs

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2000, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jegs

I was wondering if anyone else has received the terrible service I have received from Jegs. I have ordered a few products from them, but will never order from them again.

About a month ago I call a tech up (his name was jeff) and tell him I'd like to order the Hypertech fan switch for my car. He said in a rude voice "what. what are you talking about. theres no listing." Well, I saw it in your catalog I said, his reply "right".

Anyway I called today to ask about the APC dash light gauges on my lunch break..and to see if they were twice as bright as stock like the ones Ryan sells are..tech's reply "how the hell am I supposed to know that?" Then he snickers. It was the same guy as last month believe it or not. I then asked to speak with his supervisor. I got punched through and customer service and they basically fed me a bunch of crap to shut me up. "We'll take care of it blah blah blah."

Anyway, after work I decided to give them another chance just in case that guy was having a bad day. This time I call up asking about hi flow cats. Again, another rude tech "what do you want to know " in an annoyed voice he asks.

I know it sounds like I'm making a big thing over nothing, but i think when you spend money at a store you don't expect to be treated in the manner I was treated in. I was angry. Unbelieveable. I will never buy from them again, I'm stricly a summit guy from now on.

Has anyone had a similar experience.?

------------------
'91 Formula
305 TPI
Mods: SLP catback,SLP air foil,ported plenum,Crane AFPR (49psi),MSD6AL,homemade cold air,K&Ns,3:73s,JET fan switch...SLP 1 5/8ths are coming...oh yes

[This message has been edited by theformula (edited February 22, 2001).]
Old 10-31-2000, 06:56 PM

I have received terrible service a # of times and like you I thought...maybe just a bad day. Then, when it happened for the 40th (not an exageration) time, I said screw them and now I deal only with summit. I am sick and tired of their BS and horrible service. Never again will I deal with them. Also of note, I met Jeg Coughlin Jr. at the drag strip once back when he was racing super stock. This guy is an A-1 *****!!! My friend who also races super stock beat him out in the final round, so instead of coming up and telling him congrats, Jeg tells him something to the affect that he is a small time loser and will never be anything. My freind went on to finish ahead of him in points that year...
Old 10-31-2000, 09:22 PM

Damn! Seriously? I've never had trouble with Jeg's, but I think I will switch to Summit now before I have any of the experiences you guys did! One of the best things about this message board is that we don't all have to learn the hard way! That is a really sh-tty way for them to keep customers.
Old 10-31-2000, 09:51 PM

Car: 85 Mercedes 500SEL
Engine: 5.0 DOHC
Hey guys,
I have have very good service from Summit but have never ordered from Jeg's...and after reading this never will. These sellers need to understand that it's our cold cash keeping keeping them in business. I have had great service with Scoggin-Dickey and Ryan MacEwen too. I have had the WORST experience with TPIS. Take my advice and steer clear of them. (bottom line they are dishonest)

------------------
85 IROC,5.0 TPI,T-Tops,fully loaded,black with red Lear-Siegler "Camaro" interior,Decal Delete,91 Bose stereo,Stage 2 Fastchip,AFPR,TB Airfoil,K&Ns,March pulleys,Alum. Driveshaft,92 police version 700r4

"The Devil drives a Camaro"
Old 11-01-2000, 12:57 AM

Well let me be the odd ball!
I've had good experience with Jegs. BUT, the guys that answer the phone orders do NOT have much or any experience in knowing any info on parts. I know for a fact that they have a special catalog that they refer to, if you GIVE them the part number, for additional info and that is it. Unless they have bought the part you are asking for they don't have other info.
Info like how bright dash light gauges are is like a consumer product info not a parts info. Lets be realistic ask for dimentions or how many connections on the back. If you want to know how bright it is call, write or email the manufacture of it or ask on a form here at thirdgen.org.
I know that if you want additional info on there product make sure you have the part #'s ready to tell them. You just can't tell them I want info on "hi flow cats" but if you give them part #210-123-321 then they can give you SOME (usually not much more) info other than the catalog.
Look I'm not flaming anyone but just trying to give my point of view.
I recently rebuilt the top end of my car and had problems getting the right size pushrods, long story. Anyway I look in Jegs and got the part #'s to different ones I had questions and called. The guy was helpful but was reading out of the other catalog or computer. But as long as I had the part #'s I got info.

BOWTIROC, as for Jeg Coughlin Jr all I have to say is those born with a silver spoon in there mouth ARE USUALLY, I said USUALLY NOT ALWAYS, an A-1 *****.

IROCZE, I've had the same experience with TPIS also!

As for Summit I love ordering parts from them and getting them in 2 days ... ALWAYS!
The only thing is on big parts, heads, blocks, pistons or rebuild kits they usually don't have them in stock so it takes a week or two.
Jegs on the other hand has always had these parts in stock, at least for me.

Again, not flames intended.

Old 11-01-2000, 02:16 PM
Banned

Ski89Z28, I understand it would make their lives a little easier if I had the part number...I was on my lunch break at work . When I called , I ASKED for the part number. Thats when he gave me the attitude. My point in all this is their attitude and the way they treat customers. To tell you the truth, I'd rather them be car illiterate....and friendly......then be nasty to me.

But I'll tell you , it is comforting to see I'm not the only one who was treated badly by Jegs
You can see the difference between JEGS and SUMMIT. Call up Summit and ask them for product info. Even if they know your not really going to be buying it at that time, they'll still be friendly when they hang up with you. JEGS on the other hand.....if you are asking questions about a product and choose not to buy it..they basically hang up on you.

No flames intended either Ski89Z28

[This message has been edited by theformula (edited November 01, 2000).]
Old 11-02-2000, 12:40 AM

I understand where your coming from and YES they should be more willing to help. The only thing I don't like about Summit is alot of the times I order parts from them, they are out of stock. And me being impatient I go to Jegs and get it sent to me right away. But I don't get it in 2 days like Summit. More like 3-4 days.

Good discussion.
Old 11-03-2000, 12:47 AM
Supreme Member

I have never had any trouble with Jegs, neither have any of my friends. I haven't also heard anything bad before what you guys said. Anyway, maybe we are just lucky.

------------------
1987 Chevy Camaro IROC-Z
L98 TPI 350 (5.7L)
TH 700R-4 Transmission with 2.77:1 Rear End

Current Mods: Edelbrock TES 1 5/8" Headers, Hooker Aerochamber Cat-Back System, Performance Resource Chip with 160* Thermostat, Accel Ignition Components, K&N Filters, All Free Mods, Falken ZIEX Z-Rated Tires.

Best ET : 14.32 @ 97.7mph
(corrected for elevation)
Old 11-03-2000, 11:58 AM

Jegs needs to give employees a lesson in phone curtisy. I, like many of you, have had nothing but rude responses from their operators. Summit operators are very helpful and even act like they care about your performance needs, which goes a long way. Summit takes longer to deliver to my location than Jegs, but I cant deal with people who would rather argue with me than make a sale. too bad they wont see these posts... maybe it would change their ways.

91 Z28tpi w/ several SUMMIT mods...
Old 11-03-2000, 02:01 PM
Banned

Actually Gregg, they are going to see this post. I'm writing them a letter about how my last 3 experiences with their representatives was terrible. I plan to print this page out.

------------------
'91 Formula
305 TPI
Mods: SLP catback,SLP air foil,ported plenum,Crane AFPR (49psi),MSD6AL,homemade cold air,K&Ns,3:73s,JET fan switch...SLP 1 5/8ths are coming...oh yes

Old 11-05-2000, 05:55 PM
ede
TGO Supporter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not had any real bad experiences with summit but i prefer jegs. i only order from the catalog when i need something right now. usually i just go to the 11th ave. store. all the guys in the store are racers and know their stuff. lot of them have even got to know me when i walk in. i've told them about the camaro sites i moderate or visit and they do know the power of post like this.

------------------
-=ICON MOTORSPORTS=-
1st & 3rd
Old 11-05-2000, 07:28 PM

I have ordered from Jegs a couple of times, and they were rude on the phone both times. I have dealt with Summit many times, and they have always been helpful and courteous on the phone. The last time I ordered from Summit I ordered poly bushings for my car. The one I wanted was out of stock, they went out of their way to help my find one that would work and I ended up getting ES brand stuff, which fit great.

A couple of my friends have had problems with Jegs also. A friend of mine ordered headers for his truck. The guy convinced him to get the Jet Hot coated ones for like $150-200 more. He agreed, and they sent the wrong ones. Also the customer service people were rude when he called back to see about swapping them for the right ones. What sucks is that I looked up all the right part numbers for the stuff we ordered, and we would have had the truck running earlier if we had got the headers that I had said to order originally. We ended up getting the original non-coated ones. Jegs did NOT even offer the ones we needed in coated anyways. That guy was an idiot.

------------------
- the 92 RS is gone..
- 1984 Z28 with 89 bumpers and ground effects.
- 355 with ported World S/R Torquer Heads, 214*/224* .471/.496 lift cam, Crane 1.6 Full Roller Rockers, 2500 non-lockup stall converter, Holley 750 carb, Edelbrock Performer intake, Hedman headers with custom 3" Flowmaster exhaust, Lakewood LCAs, Powertrax Locker with 3.23 gears.
- http://s84z28.fbody.com
Old 11-05-2000, 10:09 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 355
Transmission: th400
Axle/Gears: 3.89
I also have received crappy service from Jeg's. Two items I ordered I was told were backordered for 5 days, 3 weeks later no parts, I called up Summit Racing in two days I had them!!!! I will never deal with Jeg's again.
Old 11-06-2000, 12:46 AM

Yes,Jegs suck a big fat ****.I mean this.They are rude,and dont give a **** about customer service.I ordered some AN fittings on time on a Friday,I needed them before the next weekend.Ordered them online,come next Thursday,I wonder where the hell my stuff is.Call up Jegs,my stuff is on backorder,swell,thanks for telling me.Another thing,both companies are in Ohio,How come evertime I have orderd from Jegs,It takes 4-5 days for me to see my stuff.But from Summit I see it in no more than 2 days.MMM,not to make Summit look like the goodguys either,I have recieved great service from both companies at times,but,it depends who you get on the phone.I have delt with some real SOBs from Summit,and from Jegs,and with alot of other companies as well.
Old 11-06-2000, 04:18 PM

Car: 96 Formula/82 T/A
Engine: LT1/350 TPI
Transmission: T56/TH350
i just ordered a Hooker Cat-back and they seemed to know everything about it. The only problem is that their 3-5 bisness day dilivery is more like 10-15 bisness days.

RED82TA5.7L

------------------
1982 Pontiac Trans Am
Cross-Fire Injected 5.7l V8
Eldebrock Headers, 1 stupid Glasspack right after the cat and dumps out before the rear axle.
Mods: 1.6 Proform Roller Rockers, electric fan.

Future mods: X-Ram( Aftermarket Cross-Fire Injection Manifold that proves to have as much power as TPI www.x-ram.com )
Cross-Fire Injection after market chip that says that it will proform like 90's injections.. http://www.turbocity.com/CorvetteCro...ECMUpgrade.htm
Hooker Cat-back system
Old 11-08-2000, 03:08 PM

ive ordered from summit multiple times, sometimes having a lengthy convo with the sales rep about part combo's, which i should get. they are.. and always have been really friendly, and equally as important very informative. Ive never ordered from Jeg's, but have several of their catalogs. looks like ill be ordering parts for my next engine(soon to come into reality) from summit. GOOD going jegs!
Old 11-09-2000, 12:11 AM
Mo

I've got great service from Summit and usually get my stuff the next day. I've never ordered through jegs, they lagged on sending me a catalog awhile back. But in general, these days it seems like most businesses just dont care anymore.
Old 11-09-2000, 09:21 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89RSconvtZZ4TPI
Engine: ZZ4TPI
Transmission: 700R4 TRIPP TRANNY
Jegs screwed me on my Dynomax catback for weeks, Summit got it out the same day. I do not use Jegs anymore.

------------------
Rob P
89RSconvtZZ4TPI
92Z28convt5spd
71Impala convt 402BB
BETTER DRIVING THRU SUPERIOR HORSEPOWER!
Old 11-10-2000, 04:44 AM
Banned

This is amazing how many of us have had problems with JEGS. They don't realize how much $$ they lose with their attitudes.

Old 11-10-2000, 03:39 PM
RCR

Car: '84 Fiero ('01 GA interior)
Engine: '96 4.0 Aurora
Transmission: '96 4T80E
Never had a problem with Jegs. One good thing is that their catalog still has a TPI section.
Old 11-10-2000, 06:06 PM

Car: Trans Am
Engine: L69
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73
I have also had the run around with jegs before. Although some of there prices are cheaper customer service sucks! Kevin
Old 11-10-2000, 08:31 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts
Car: '91 GTA, '92 T/A Convertible
Engine: GTA: 350 w/Vortec heads, T/A: 305
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: GTA: 3.27, T/A: 2.73
I used Jeggs once and they sucked. I ordered a coil 'cause mine was corroded. I had to have the sales rep repeat my address three times before he got it right. Then a over a week later when I called in to find out where my part was they said it was received-at the wrong address!!! It took me over two weeks to resolve the situation and get my coil. The whole time hitching rides to work. On the other hand, Summit has been great. I accidentally ordered the wrong PROM chip from Summit while I was deployed overseas (I'm in the Navy). When I got back and found out it was the wrong one I called Summit. The exchanged it for me with no hassle even though it was almost a year since I'd bought it. That's what I call customer service!

------------------
'91 GTA with TPI 350 & T-Tops. Just a few mods, if you want to find out just line up next to me at a stoplight!
Old 11-13-2000, 01:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: Strange 12 Bolt, 3.42
I've had both good and back experiences with the tech lines at Jegs and Summit. I still use them both but I think Summit does treat you a little better on the phone and they will atleast try to give you good info. I've only had one real bad experience with summit. A tech guy told me there were no full length headers for 3rdgens, then he said shorties weren't worth it. Then I asked him about cutouts for my exhaust he said they were worthless too so basically he wouldn't find any part numbers for me and didn't want to sell anything. So I called jegs and got full length headmans and cutouts, and yes cutout do make a difference. I feel like calling that guy up and telling him how much faster my car is with the stuff I got from Jegs.

------------------
84 Camaro 305 ported & milled heads, 3 angle valve job, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Hedman full length headers, Flowmaster 3inch exhaust system, Accell ignition, Crane 274H cam, B&M 700R-4, 3000 stall speed, 4.10 gear,
M/T ET street tires
visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/jbenge/page1.html
Old 11-13-2000, 09:01 PM

You can add me to the list of bad experiences with jegs. I tried to order an edelbrock water pump, which for my car has to have reverse rotation. I told this to the sales rep and he insisted that it wasnt. I finally had to hang up and call back and talk to somebody else and I just told them the part number I wanted and nothing else. Bottom line jegs sucks.

------------------
88 IROC-Z 305 TPI LB9
Old 11-13-2000, 10:46 PM

Everyone now,"JEGS SUCKS!"Yes,they do,please someone send them this link,so they can see what a wonderful impact their customer service has did for new customers.
Old 11-13-2000, 11:11 PM
Banned

I printed this page out and mailed it to JEGS attn president/customer service last week.

You can also email jegs at customerservice@jegs.com

------------------
'91 Formula
305 TPI 5speed
1LE package
Mods: SLP headers,SLP catback,SLP air foil,ported plenum,Crane AFPR (42psi),MSD6AL,homemade cold air,K&Ns,3:73s,JET fan switch, Macewen white face gauges...ZZ9 cam (i still have to install it )

[This message has been edited by theformula (edited November 14, 2000).]

Old 11-15-2000, 11:04 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Shoot, that means they missed my two cents. I've always gotten a bad attitude from Jeg's on the phone. It's as if I'm wasting their time, or something. To hell with that!! I order from Summit exclusively.

Hell, once, Summit didn't put my order through right away. After 2 days I didn't have it, so I called, and they fixed it by both refunding my handling charge, and overnight expressing it-- and this was on a heavy cat-back exhaust system!

The morons at Jegs probably would've given me their usual attitude over the phone, and delayed my order another week just to screw me. I wouldn't doubt it.

------------------
-Tom P (Hot rodded 1986 Firebird 2.8l) from http://www.f-body.net/mailbag/3rd/3rd_mailbag.html message boards
---Think your car could be pic of the week? Visit http://www.f-body.net for details!
Old 11-15-2000, 01:12 PM
Banned

Well Jegs never wrote me back. I emailed them twice and sent a letter in the U.S. mail.

They must not care.

Their loss.

------------------
'91 Formula
305 TPI 5speed
1LE package
Mods: SLP headers,SLP catback,SLP air foil,ported plenum,Crane AFPR (42psi),MSD6AL,homemade cold air,K&Ns,3:73s,JET fan switch, Macewen white face gauges...ZZ9 cam (i still have to install it )

Old 11-16-2000, 02:39 PM

Jegs has a good catalog. I use it, but then give Summit the Jegs numbers and they send me the right part. If Jegs is cheaper, tell them, they will match it.

Summit has always stood behind their sales and that is why I deal with them. If there is a problem, they take care of it!

------------------
1992 Pontiac Firebird 350/Six Speed
1987 Toyota Pickup 383/500+ HP
Old 11-16-2000, 05:08 PM

you guys must be lucky lol, i myself have nerver had a problem with jegs, but then again i never called them up to order anything, i orderd both from jegs and summit, both take about the same amount of time, but allso you have to realize that summit is a bigger company and has more techs to answer phones, one thing i dont like about summit, is whats up with the mustang section and no freaking f body section, i think thats such bull, ,
Old 11-17-2000, 04:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Jeremy, I always joke that it's there because the Mustang owners wouldn't be able to find parts on their own! All those Mustang parts are also listed in the normal pages.

------------------
-Tom P (Hot rodded 1986 Firebird 2.8l) from http://www.f-body.net/mailbag/3rd/3rd_mailbag.html message boards
---Think your car could be pic of the week? Visit http://www.f-body.net for details!
Old 11-17-2000, 04:44 PM
Banned

lol tom

------------------
'91 Formula
305 TPI 5speed
1LE package

Old 11-18-2000, 11:35 AM
Jza

(tom)hehe. I think Summit has a problem with stock only because so many people order from them over Jegs anyway.

My first order was from Summit, my second from Jegs. Long story short, it's a good 30 orders later and all of them are from Summit.

Don't forget these guys work on commission, so if you get a really good one, get his/her extension number and go back.
Old 11-18-2000, 11:38 AM

I've made numerous purchases from Jegs and have never run into any of these problems. Now, i don't know if the fact that I'm ordering Carbs, manifolds, cams etc. for a 65 Malibu has anything to do with that, but maybe. I have never ordered anything for a fuel injected car before from them, maybe my experiance would be different then. Safe to say, i'll heed your warnings and steer clear of them for my GTA parts.
Old 11-18-2000, 06:13 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Damn
Engine: This
Transmission: New Stuff
switch to summit man.
you almost always save 4 cents on everything (wow!), but everytime i order they are really nice. never had those kinnd of problems with jegs, but was never too great either. it also seams that summit ships faster too.

------------------
88 CAMARO RS
87 IROC-Z DRIVETRAIN
305 TPI, 700R4, 3.73s
ported plenum, performance resource chip,edelbrock TES Headers and cat-back, K&Ns, AFPR, rest is stock.
15.0 @ 92.5 (bald tires)
Old 11-19-2000, 06:22 PM

Ive had problems with reciving orders in a timly manner, just to have a sales and servis manager blame UPS and tell me that ther is nothing they could do. as i told them i didnt order from UPS i ordered from Jeggs and expect them to make it right. They didnt bother to satisfy me so i wont shop them agin. Now i buy from summit or northern
Old 11-22-2000, 11:44 AM

Most of the stuff i have for my car, i got from JEGS and I have never had any problems but I guess i will not give them another chance so i can find out. I will statrt getting my stuff from summitt.

------------------
91RS 305-k&n,flowmaster, ASCD Supersport hood
Old 11-25-2000, 09:15 PM

The last time I called Jegs the guy was a little rude. I was trying to order an Auburn Posi but after talking to him I just got on the internet and called Auburn direct. At Jegs It was supposed to take 2 weeks for them to get the part to ship it. i got in one week from a distributor that was on the opposite side of the country than me.
Old 12-15-2000, 01:24 AM
Banned

Well time for an update on this.
The JEGS sales manager (in charge of all the ****** who answer the phone) called my house a few days ago. He kissed my a$$ and I had to listen to the whole life story of the company. Basically he didn't do much. He said they were going to address the situation . He saw this page and he asked me if I was in some sort of little car club and I said.."well its not that little. 6000+ plus possible Jegs customers who get to see the post"

However, I have called back several times to Jegs just to ask questions about products(didnt feel like bothering summit hehe). Every person I spoke to at Jegs was rude AGAIN!.

I guess some things never change.

[This message has been edited by theformula (edited December 15, 2000).]
Old 12-16-2000, 03:52 PM
Zee

I have done over $6,000 in business with Jegs. Never a problem, never a back order.

I've ordered from Summit also, but it seems like 1/3 of the time parts are on back order.

I worked a parts counter for 5 years through college only supplied the rep with quantity and part number. I don't think I would rely on a total stranger for parts advice.
Old 12-16-2000, 07:54 PM

I have had the same problem with jegs and TPIS. now i only deal with Scoggin Dickey or Summit.
Old 12-16-2000, 09:56 PM

I don't know about techical advice, because I would never ask a receptionist that takes phone calls technical advice about my car, but as far as parts availability, price (most of the time), and quick and ACCURATE service, Jeg's has always been top-notch, in my experience. I also use Scoggin-Dickey,Jim Pace, Seco Performance Centers, Barnett Performance,and Bowtie Performance Headquarters(Killer service and prices) and have been pleased with them. I do use Summit, but if I can get it at the same price or even a little more from one of these others I will. In the past Summit has sent me the wrong parts on numerous occasions and most of the time if, you have to call 5 or 6 times before you can even get through.JMHO

------------------
82 Z28 350, Ported #882 Heads, Performer RPM cam and intake, hedman headers,650 Demon carb,
Trans: Turbo 350 w/ 4000 stall -- Rearend 7.5 w/ Richmond 4.10's, Auburn Minispool
Future plans: Dart headed, Roller cammed 383 in early '01

89 RS, L03 305, Hypertech Chip,cat delete, Dynomax exhaust,K&N open element Filter,160 stat, MSD coil --Trans:700R4 Corvette Servo -- Rearend: 7.5 GM 3.42 w/ posi-lock
http://www.bassettracing.cz28.com
Old 12-17-2000, 04:59 PM

Car: 1989 Firebird Formula
Engine: 350
Personally, I have been ordering from Jegs for a long time and I have never really had any problems. The only problem I had was when UPS sent my order to the wrong address even when my address was clearly marked on the box. I do wish they had better customer support on thier page though. I don't even think they have an e-mail address listed on thier page.
Old 12-18-2000, 06:15 AM

theformula; Have you sent this post to Summit so they know to keep up the good work?

I also use summit. I have never ordered from Jeg's and after reading this, I won't.

------------------
92 Formula 5.7 T-tops
Flowmaster
Other secret mods.
Old 12-18-2000, 07:41 AM
Banned

Firechicken, Summit has seen this page and personally thanked me. I sent them a link a few weeks back.

later
Old 12-23-2000, 12:28 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts
Car: '91 GTA, '92 T/A Convertible
Engine: GTA: 350 w/Vortec heads, T/A: 305
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: GTA: 3.27, T/A: 2.73
Jegg's blow's!!! I just ordered the TPIS Insider Hints book from them. After shipping was added, the price came to $31.98. Then they threw on another $20 because I have to have it shipped to an FPO address because I'm in the Navy. The $20 is for "international shipping charges". The FPO I had it sent to is in San Francisco. From that point on its in the military's postal system. I'm out here in the Persian gulf "defending our nation" and they just see it as another chance to d*ck us. I will NEVER order another thing from Jeg's again and I hope they see this post.
Old 12-23-2000, 04:07 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89RSconvtZZ4TPI
Engine: ZZ4TPI
Transmission: 700R4 TRIPP TRANNY
They failed to get me my DynoMax cat back system in a timely fashion. Summit had it too me in 3 days. I don't order from Jegs anymore.

------------------
Rob P
89RSconvtZZ4TPI
92Z28convt5spd
71Impala convt 402BB
BETTER DRIVING THRU SUPERIOR HORSEPOWER!
Old 12-28-2000, 12:41 AM

I have only dealt with Jeg's and had a good, curteous phone operator each time. I'm getting my 80 series muffler tommorrow (from what i'm told by them). But i think i will go to Summit because they seem more aware to customer service, timely fashion, and it is 4 cents less!!! BOOYA

------------------
--Steve S-- 84 Trans Am 305 HO 5 speed, completely stock emissions restricted slow 150 hp(chilton rating) 240 torquer that needs RELEASE!!!!

P.S. Daily Driver
Old 12-28-2000, 10:54 AM

I just saw the light yesterday! I will NEVER buy from Jeg's or Summit again. They've got us all thinking that their prices are the best anywhere, which is NOT true at all. Who do you think is funding each of their high dollar drag racing teams? You are!!

I just did a price comparison on several TPI parts at Jeg's, Summit, & Carpartsonsale.com. Guess who was less expensive on every single part? Carpartsonsale.com!! I wound up saving a total of $207 on a $1,000 order. That's huge savings! Here are a few examples:

Edelbrock Hi-Flo TPI base & runner kit: Jeg's & Summit are about $645, where carpartsonsale.com was $578!

Edelbrock 52mm TB: Jeg's was $355, Summit was $300, and carpartsonsale.com was $257!

Holley AFPR: Jeg's was $91, carpartsonsale.com was only $61.

Shall I go on? I think you get the point. I've also had similar savings at Scoggin-Dickey on several occasions.

We have the power to change the way some of these monster vendors do business. It takes information like this to open the eyes of the blind!! Be a smart shopper. It's your money and it's your choice!

And no, I do not have any affiliation with carpartsonsale.com.
Old 12-28-2000, 01:33 PM
Banned

Yea, and you summed up about every TPI part carparts.com carries.

Not to mention all the horror stories I have heard about not receiving their packages up to a month later!....but they have very little parts for our cars.

But when they do, they have good prices..so you do have a point.

Quick Reply: Jegs