Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Jet Hot Coating The Best!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 Irocz
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 342
Jet Hot Coating The Best!!!!!!

I just got my hooker 2055 headers and Y-pipe that I bought new from jet-hot back like in 01 or 02 (can't remember been so long lol) Recoated. The Coating Lasted for like 5 years with out a problem but then started to flake off. Not so much on the headers but the y-pipe took a beating. Anyway they have on their website

"The Jet-Hot exhaust coating warranty is the best in the industry. Lifetime – no questions asked.

So I tested it lol and I called about my coating flaking off that they did for me. The Customer Svc Rep was awesome, he just asked me for the Number on my headers that they did. He gave me a order # and customer # and just told me to send them the parts and they'll take care of it. Totally Seamless (I had to pay shipping one way there but come lol I got these things back in 01 or 02 lol)

The only hang up was the fact I had to find a box big enough for my y-pipe, that was tough. Other than that I got them back in alittle over a week, (that was with the hoilday weekend) So turn around time was awesome!!! Man they look sharp btw, They wrap them like it was a mummy lol. Man took like 15 mins to unwrap. Great Service and Great Packing, and No questions asked.
Attached Thumbnails Jet Hot Coating The Best!!!!!!-headers-ypipe-recoated.jpg   Jet Hot Coating The Best!!!!!!-close-up-header-dr.jpg   Jet Hot Coating The Best!!!!!!-close-up-header-ps.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts
Car: '91 GTA, '92 T/A Convertible
Engine: GTA: 350 w/Vortec heads, T/A: 305
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: GTA: 3.27, T/A: 2.73
Re: Jet Hot Coating The Best!!!!!!

When I dealt with them their customer service was phenominal.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: TPI 310ci (LB9)
Transmission: Custom Rebuilt 700R4 - 2600 Stall
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, 3.73 Eaton Limited-Slip

Those are dang sexy! How much is it be to coat (for the first time)?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:54 PM

It was a couple hundred 10 years ago lol but yeah check out their website http://www.jet-hot.com/applications/aftermarket-faq/ but it looks to be about the same
Old 06-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 89 RS 89 iroc 87 firebird
Engine: 3.1 Turbo/ 355 twin turbo
Transmission: a4 w/ 4500 stall/ a4 / t5
Axle/Gears: strange s60 /w 3:42's

i will never ever use jet hot again, we built a set of custom headers for a 440 big block in a plymouth belvedeer for a customer,these were one off headers

my shop at that time always sent our stuff to jh to be coated so we sent them there we get them back in a week when the ups guy droped them off the box was in perfect contition so we open up the box and the headers were damaged.

one header flange was twisted not warped but twisted
on the same header it looked lieksomone smashed into one of the primary tubes with a forklift the tub was damn near crushed

the kicker was the lil inspection sticker they put on the headers when they ship them back was on the tube that was nearly crushed

so we call them up and they want pictures and stuff so we send them some and dont hear back.
so a lil while goes by we call, we get told we will get a call back well that never happens

so this time we call and will not get off the phone till we talk to somone to fix this, eventually we talk to somone and they offer to purchase a new set of headers, and they will coat them for like 150 bucks or something

well we explian to them that these are hand made one offs and they cost almost 2k, so then they say send them the damaged headers and they will repair them and recoat them for a discount

wtf how are they going to repair the header when these had to be made on the car
well they wouldnt be able to so the guy argues with us some more and finally agrees to take 100$ off the coating if we fixed them and sent them back to be recoated

so it would have cost us 50-100 bucks to have them recoated

eventually we gave up and repaird the header ourselves and then striped all the coating off and sent them to airborne coatings . btw they do nicer work and are about 200 bucks cheaper then jethot, not to mention nothing we have ever coated by them has come back damaged and there coating as never flaked off. hell its even much harder to sand off the header or whatever u have coated

we tell everyone to stay far away from jethot, there customer service, warranty , and coatings suck
Old 06-01-2012, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by project89
i will never ever use jet hot again, we built a set of custom headers for a 440 big block in a plymouth belvedeer for a customer,these were one off headers

my shop at that time always sent our stuff to jh to be coated so we sent them there we get them back in a week when the ups guy droped them off the box was in perfect contition so we open up the box and the headers were damaged.

one header flange was twisted not warped but twisted
on the same header it looked lieksomone smashed into one of the primary tubes with a forklift the tub was damn near crushed

the kicker was the lil inspection sticker they put on the headers when they ship them back was on the tube that was nearly crushed

so we call them up and they want pictures and stuff so we send them some and dont hear back.
so a lil while goes by we call, we get told we will get a call back well that never happens

so this time we call and will not get off the phone till we talk to somone to fix this, eventually we talk to somone and they offer to purchase a new set of headers, and they will coat them for like 150 bucks or something

well we explian to them that these are hand made one offs and they cost almost 2k, so then they say send them the damaged headers and they will repair them and recoat them for a discount

wtf how are they going to repair the header when these had to be made on the car
well they wouldnt be able to so the guy argues with us some more and finally agrees to take 100$ off the coating if we fixed them and sent them back to be recoated

so it would have cost us 50-100 bucks to have them recoated

eventually we gave up and repaird the header ourselves and then striped all the coating off and sent them to airborne coatings . btw they do nicer work and are about 200 bucks cheaper then jethot, not to mention nothing we have ever coated by them has come back damaged and there coating as never flaked off. hell its even much harder to sand off the header or whatever u have coated

we tell everyone to stay far away from jethot, there customer service, warranty , and coatings suck

well sorry to hear about that, but I have to disagree with you. Due to the fact, I got great customer service and everything was seamless for me. Also the fact that these headers and ypipe/coating were purchase almost 10 years ago. They did what they said they would for me. The Warranty was honored. So I got no complaints here, and I'm very happy with the end results.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 89 RS 89 iroc 87 firebird
Engine: 3.1 Turbo/ 355 twin turbo
Transmission: a4 w/ 4500 stall/ a4 / t5
Axle/Gears: strange s60 /w 3:42's

maybe things have changed with them, its been about 5-6 years since that happened, and have not dealt with them at all since then
Old 06-03-2012, 01:54 AM
jmd
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Car: `86 SS / `87 SS
Engine: L69 w/ TPI on top / 305 4bbl
Transmission: `95 T56 \ `88 200-4R

A friend has had good warranty experience, dropping them off locally.

On a set I bought in 2001 or 2002 also, I have a y-pipe w/ some rust showing through in a couple tiny areas and they're kinda local. I should yank it while the car is sitting. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by jmd
A friend has had good warranty experience, dropping them off locally.

On a set I bought in 2001 or 2002 also, I have a y-pipe w/ some rust showing through in a couple tiny areas and they're kinda local. I should yank it while the car is sitting. Thanks for reminding me.
That's what I did, I'm in the middle of vortec head swap. I figure hey I got to take them off anyway. lol
Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by project89
maybe things have changed with them, its been about 5-6 years since that happened, and have not dealt with them at all since then
Could be cause the plant that did mine the first time,isn't around any more. So they could have change management.