Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Advanced Auto Online

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1971 Camaro
Advanced Auto Online

Hey Guys, Just wanted to give fair warning that if you buy something from Advanced Auto Parts online using one of their coupon codes....avoid paying by paypal.

I bought some parts about a month ago using the promotional code that if you spend over $100 you get free shipping and a $50 coupon redeemable at any advanced location. The coupons were supposed to be mailed emailed Feb 1st and only valid from Feb 1st through 28th of this month.

I never got my coupn so I emailed them, they said they never got my order so I explained I paid through paypal on 1/26/10 and gave them the order number.

Last I heard she was "forwarding" my email to her supervisor. A day goes by so I called this time, and the rep said that it was a paypal mess-up and should be corrected and should see my coupon by last friday or yesterday at the latest. She said a lot of people were affected by this.

Called again this morning and they said the account hasn't been touched since the last call, so they were forwarding my information to thier supervisor (again..). They said they would have to send this information to corporate office and it could be another few days before my issue is resolved. I feel like they are giving me the runaround.

I'm not sure if this was a scam on advance's part, but someone screwed up and my time is running out to use that coupon.

I wanted to point this out if anyone else decides to use thier online coupn codes.....

I've used them tons in the past, this is the first time I'm having an issue with them...$50 is a lot of money, even if it is a coupon.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 749 Posts
Re: Advanced Auto Online

Ever since they re-organized the online shopping part of their website it's been hosed. You can plug in your year, make, model, engine, and then do a search for a part and it'll pull up all kinds of crap that doesn't apply. It used to work really well, but since the changeover a couple months ago it's been nearly useless.

Incidently about the same time they made the software change, all the discounts for online shopping started popping up. I filled out a survey that put me on their mailing list. They started sending me 4-6 emails a week about online specials and sales. I'd get an email saying there was a special the next day, and then the next day they'd send another to remind me to buy before the sale ended... It got to the point I blocked their email and "unsubscribed" from their mailing list.

I still shop in their stores, since the alternatives here in town all are set up to 'habla espanol', but F the website.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 500
Engine: Crossfire 305ci V8
Transmission: Jasper 700R4 4 speed Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.23 limited slip/posi

Originally Posted by Drew
Ever since they re-organized the online shopping part of their website it's been hosed. You can plug in your year, make, model, engine, and then do a search for a part and it'll pull up all kinds of crap that doesn't apply. It used to work really well, but since the changeover a couple months ago it's been nearly useless.

Incidently about the same time they made the software change, all the discounts for online shopping started popping up. I filled out a survey that put me on their mailing list. They started sending me 4-6 emails a week about online specials and sales. I'd get an email saying there was a special the next day, and then the next day they'd send another to remind me to buy before the sale ended... It got to the point I blocked their email and "unsubscribed" from their mailing list.

I still shop in their stores, since the alternatives here in town all are set up to 'habla espanol', but F the website.

I bought a wiper arm set from advance auto.com when they were partnered with parts america. When the right side wiper arm broke after six months. So I went to my local advance auto store to replace it. They told me that they could not warranty it because they are no longer with parts america. i told them it had a year warrenty on it. they told me they could not even order a new if they wanted to because it was online only part.

I got screwed, never again will I buy my parts from advance auto parts

Now I only buy my parts from a GM dealer, a trusted online parts dealer or Napa auto.

Last edited by KITT1983; 02-10-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1971 Camaro

Well I finally got some resolution, one of the supervisors emailed me and said that they will honor the $50 off if I call the order in, I placed my order yesterday. Got $120 worth of stuff for $70 + free shipping.

But the disclaimer said that I was supposed to create an account, but since I used the paypal service that option was bypassed. I looked all over the site when I made the original purchase to make sure all my ducks were in a row because this promotion didn't have a promotion code like others in the past..