Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Southbay Injectors - Canada Post (in resolution)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: stock
Southbay Injectors - Canada Post (in resolution)

I bought a set of 8 120lb injectors from this company over 3 months ago when they had a sale on high performance injectors here on TGO and I still don't have them.

I have tried to contact them via PM here first before making my account public and the last PM they failed to respond to was the final straw.

Pm'ed them that I had not received my injectors and they basically gave me the tracking number and expressed NO INTEREST in following up on the whereabouts of the package in question.

All I did was insert their tracking number into the Canada Post website and it came up with this:

Injectors were shipped Jun 16
Package at the border Jun 26

This where its gets stupid.

Item successfully delivered Jul 2

Keep in mind I started investigating the error a couple of weeks after the package was "successfully delivered"

For Lost mail, Canada posts website states the following:

For items destined to Canada sent from an address in another country

For items sent from other countries destined to Canada, all enquiries must be initiated by the sender, with the postal administration of the country in which the item originated. This is in accordance with Universal Postal Union agreements.

I have made Southbay aware of this and I got no response. Absolutely NOTHING!!

I am really frustrated at the whole breakdown of what should have been a straight-forward delivery.

Hopefully this will get their attention.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 500
Engine: Crossfire 305ci V8
Transmission: Jasper 700R4 4 speed Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.23 limited slip/posi
re: Southbay Injectors - Canada Post

any updates?
Old 09-19-2009, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by KITT1983
any updates?
None. I am still out $460 USD for undelivered product! No PM about what they are planning to do about rectifying the situation. Nothing.

Let it be known that if your stuff you buy from them gets lost in transit, they are absolutely useless. Buyer Beware.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:19 AM

Car: 1992 Z28 L98 G92
Engine: 5.7 350 B2L
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

They have your money and are blowing you off big time!

Thanks for giving us the heads up.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 Vette
Engine: 355/195AFR/SR/219CAM/1.6
Transmission: TH700R4/Vigilante
Axle/Gears: D44/3.45

i told you guys before, i never tried to knock them down
i started to doubt on them when i first saw this thread
Sorry but i have to say it !
Old 09-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by RoadHammer
None. I am still out $460 USD for undelivered product! No PM about what they are planning to do about rectifying the situation. Nothing.

Let it be known that if your stuff you buy from them gets lost in transit, they are absolutely useless. Buyer Beware.
that sucks dude thnaks for the heads up
Old 09-21-2009, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by webeeZ28
They have your money and are blowing you off big time!

Thanks for giving us the heads up.
Pretty much. All I got was "here's the tracking #, now go away". It's their responsibility to find the stuff.

I should've spent the extra 75%-100% and bought the injectors from a local shop. Lesson Learned.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 AM

Car: 89 T/A
Engine: LB9
Transmission: W/C T-5
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt posi, 3.73 Richmond Gears

Pretty much. All I got was "here's the tracking #, now go away". It's their responsibility to find the stuff.

The ultimate insult here is that as long that Southbay keeps paying their sponsor dues to TGO, they will keep committing these acts of malfeasance as these boards are owned by Internet Brands Inc. (IB) and all they care about is the MONEY.

I should've spent the extra 75%-100% and bought the injectors from a local shop. Lesson Learned.
Geez, I'm glad I got my Bosch III's from Jon at fuelinjectionrconnection.com, I almost bought from these guys!!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:12 AM

Car: 89 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Posi

It's odd you have not seen a reply on this board from Southbay...are they still in business???? , if so, they need to clean up this problem ASAP or they won't see much business from board members.

BTW, I got my injectors from Jon at FIC, he's a great guy to do business with.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 Vette
Engine: 355/195AFR/SR/219CAM/1.6
Transmission: TH700R4/Vigilante
Axle/Gears: D44/3.45

Jon at FIC its the best thing that ever happened to my car and to this boards,he has a big huge following on the Corvetteforum,he stands by his products and i tell you...this guy called me overseas (bill was on him) to assist me on my installatio step by step,he does not care about the money but he cares about your complete satisfaction,i was impressed by his fast shipping and packaging plus he gave me this super assistance man ...now that's a good service,he is top quality and my hats off to Jon,i cannot count with my hands vendors with that service,FIC is the best and i recommend them no matter what,im really grateful to them !!!!

http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com

ps : and im not associated in any way or form,im just expressing my complete satisfaction with his EXCELLENT SERVICE !!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:02 PM
JT
Community Administrator
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 263 Likes on 188 Posts

It is unfortunate that Canada post lost the package, with is obviously neither fault of you or Southbay.

I will see if I can assist both parties, as I think it would be in the interest for both.

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 PM

Car: 87 Camaro
Engine: 305

You shouldn't have to assist anyone JT, a company shouldn't have to be prodded to have good customer service, a self interested company always knows that if they provide good customer service the customer will provide a service to the company by spreading the word that they received such good care.
Not that I'm bashing your willingness to help I'm just saying the company should be interested on its own.
$460 is alot of money to lose on a lost product
Old 09-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by JT
It is unfortunate that Canada post lost the package, with is obviously neither fault of you or Southbay.

I will see if I can assist both parties, as I think it would be in the interest for both.

Thanks.

I agree. Canada post screwed the pooch. However, it IS Southbay's responsibility to file a lost package claim and NOT ignore me and hope the problem goes away.

If they simply contacted me, I wouldn't have to resort to make this situation public.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:47 PM

Car: 1971 Camaro

Most people won't ship to Canada including myself, I think Canada's customs is one of the sneakiest operations out there.

I bought some corvette magazines one time from eBay, was supposed to be a stack of 50 or so magazines. I got it in a beat up box that had been obviously tore and re-taped with about 12 magazines in it. I sent the seller a picture and he swore that wasn't the box he shipped them in.

I bet your injectors are on some canadian customs or postal workers car by now
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 88TransAmFreak
Most people won't ship to Canada including myself, I think Canada's customs is one of the sneakiest operations out there.

I bought some corvette magazines one time from eBay, was supposed to be a stack of 50 or so magazines. I got it in a beat up box that had been obviously tore and re-taped with about 12 magazines in it. I sent the seller a picture and he swore that wasn't the box he shipped them in.

I bet your injectors are on some canadian customs or postal workers car by now
Yes we are still in business...stronger than ever! We have not replied or responded to this post because we just found out about it today!!! Thank you TransAmfreek, you said the first thing that made sense on this post. We pride ourselves with our customer service, and we answered every PM that we received!!!!! It kills me that all of you have so many complaints, yet i have never seen one of you pick up the phone to call us on any of them. We have done everything possible to help roadhammer, once a package or item leaves the US whether it is across a border or over seas, according to the USPS there is NO WAY to track it! The US and the Candadian postal service says that the injectors were delivered!!! I have not heard from roadhammer so we have considered the case closed!

Check the following post and you will see for yourselves what one of our PM's consisted of between roadhammer and southbay and what HORRIBLE customer service we were providing and how much we "DIDN'T CARE"!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by southbay08
I do not believe it!!!! this postal service is going to give me a stroke! They were accepted at the post office on June 18TH !!!!!! You should have received them within 6-10 days. You need to check customs, sometimes the shippment just gets stuck there. Give them this number:
LJ519212725US
I will also investigate this further tomorrow! I am so sorry for the inconvenience!! I will contact you again tomorrow with an update.

I checked USPS website with the number given, and it says it was accepted June 17, 2009 at 4:38pm in ADVANCE, NC 27006. I don't know if that means its sitting in a depot in NC OR if someone has received the parcel.Yes I checked also. My supplier is in NC he checked with the postal service and they told him that the injectors were shipped.The horrible part of this is that as per the postal service...once an item is shipped (international) once it leaves the US there is absolutely NO WAY to track it! I never heard of such a thing, but unfortunately it is a fact. Again, i would strongly suggest checking with customs, as there have been times when the package is just sitting there. I will continue to check with the postal service as they are going to try to obtain more information for us. Please keep me posted as i will you.The saga so far.....

Well I made some calls and some digging and found out that the package is somewhere on this side of the border.

I contacted border services and they told me to check with Canada Post. So I went on Canada Post website and I typed in the number you provided and the website says that the package has been successfully delivered!

I then called my local post office to see if they got anything and they told me to wait a few more days! ARRRRGHHH!!!! My Tax dollars at work.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:03 PM

But you are forgetting this PM I sent you more than a month later.

Hi!

I still have not received the injectors I bought from you 2 months ago now. I have exhausted all my options of what I can do and I am a little frustrated at this point.

As the original sender, you need to make a claim with either Canada Post or USPS. This is what I have been told by Canada Post:

For items destined to Canada sent from an address in another country

For items sent from other countries destined to Canada, all enquiries must be initiated by the sender, with the postal administration of the country in which the item originated. This is in accordance with Universal Postal Union agreements."
This was sent August 14th, after that PM convo southbay08 just posted. This is the one that I had NO RESPONSE TO!!!

I am willing to get this situation resolved in an acceptable manner. So guys, please keep the banter on this thread to a minimum. I would like to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:41 AM

The confirmation said it was successfully delivered on July 2 by Canada customs....what can the vendor do about that?

It seems, and I could be wrong that your trying to hold the vendor responsible for something that he had no control over once it left his hands.

Here's my thing....what if southbay contacts Canada customs and they still stick by thier story that it was successfully delivered on Jul 2.

Are you still going to say southbay failed or you going to man up and blame Canadian customs?

I sincerely hope that it works out for you, especially after the money spent for the injectors. But I really don't think that they should be held liable for something they obviously have no control over.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:42 AM

There isn't anything to find if the confirmation says it was delivered on July 2.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 PM

The confirmation said it was successfully delivered on July 2 by Canada customs....what can the vendor do about that?

It seems, and I could be wrong that your trying to hold the vendor responsible for something that he had no control over once it left his hands.

Here's my thing....what if southbay contacts Canada customs and they still stick by thier story that it was successfully delivered on Jul 2.

Are you still going to say southbay failed or you going to man up and blame Canadian customs?

I sincerely hope that it works out for you, especially after the money spent for the injectors. But I really don't think that they should be held liable for something they obviously have no control over.
Here is the thing. I DID NOT post my situation just for the sake of being an *** as I have seen others do. I called Border Services (Customs) and they said they haven't seen it and referred me to Canada Post.

Called Canada post and the same thing, then interrogated the local postmaster, and of course they looked at me like I was crazy and said they haven't seen it either and sent me again to Canada Post, which was a waste of my time in phone jail and said "sender must file a claim" (See my first post). I was getting nowhere.

Add the fact that there was a communication breakdown between myself and Southbay, lead me to creating this thread. This thread was my last resort.

No, Southbay is not blame, but in this "unique" situation the onus is on them to lean heavily on USPS to get the ball rolling.

If I had made a mistake 88Transamfreek, I would "man up" and apologize. I did all the pre-requisite calling around and got nowhere.

I have talked to Southbay today and things are moving in the right direction. I am satisfied with the result.

I will re-iterate that this was NOT SouthBay's fault. This situation was the fault of the dirtbag that lost/stole my Injectors in transit. My intention was to get the attention of Southbay after it looked like they were ignoring me.

If the mods could add to the title "in resolution" or something similar, it would be appreciated.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:53 AM

Re: Southbay Injectors - Canada Post

Well said, because like you said this is a unique situation and even if insurance was purchased, if the tracking showed it was delivered then it's your word against theirs.

I wasn't trying to be an ***, I just read between the lines and didn't think the tone was fair to the vendor...epsecially after everyone in here started jumping on board and saying how sorry southbay was.

I hope everything works out for you
Old 09-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Sponsor

Re: Southbay Injectors - Canada Post

Well said, because like you said this is a unique situation and even if insurance was purchased, if the tracking showed it was delivered then it's your word against theirs.

I wasn't trying to be an ***, I just read between the lines and didn't think the tone was fair to the vendor...epsecially after everyone in here started jumping on board and saying how sorry southbay was.

I hope everything works out for you
Just want to give everyone an update. I have been to the post office 2x this week once again in hopes that someone can give me some answers. Spoke with claims who once again told me that once a package leaves the country there is no way to track it. She then gave me an 1-800 number to call which was useless, i then called the international claims dept. who also told me that we could not track the package, she in turn recommended that i speak to consumer affairs which i plan on doing next week since they are closed on the weekends. Will continue to work on this issue until it is rectified one way or the other.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:30 PM

Car: 90 trans am
Transmission: 5 spd
Re: Southbay Injectors - Canada Post (in resolution)

what shipping option you use if you dont mind me asking
Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Sponsor

We sent it USPS international priority mail
Old 09-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Supreme Member

that is why you should always use Federal Express for domestic and foriegn shipping
Old 09-27-2009, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by KITT1983
that is why you should always use Federal Express for domestic and foriegn shipping
Have you ever priced fedex or even UPS for international shipping?? Expect to pay 200 - 300% of the price that usps charges.

Most people won't pay that much to have something shipped to them, every overseas customer I have delt with begs the item to be shipped usps and have no problem waiting 2-3 weeks for it.

I only use fedex and ups for shipping inside the USA.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Supreme Member

Have you ever priced fedex or even UPS for international shipping?? Expect to pay 200 - 300% of the price that usps charges.

Most people won't pay that much to have something shipped to them, every overseas customer I have delt with begs the item to be shipped usps and have no problem waiting 2-3 weeks for it.

I only use fedex and ups for shipping inside the USA.
yes federal express is more expensive but
i rather pay more to get a expensive product to arrive safly than get no product at all
Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 AM

True....but some people don't want to pay $70 shipping on a small box when you can pay $20 going through usps.

One thing to remember the issue isn't with american postal, it's canadian customs. Your going through two seperate organizations to get your package, but with fedex or UPS they carry it all the way through.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Supreme Member

True....but some people don't want to pay $70 shipping on a small box when you can pay $20 going through usps.

One thing to remember the issue isn't with american postal, it's canadian customs. Your going through two seperate organizations to get your package, but with fedex or UPS they carry it all the way through.
yeah i know the american postal service is the best and the cheapest
my father worked for federal express for over 25 years he knows alot about customs

well as the saying goes "you get what you pay for"
Old 09-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Sponsor

We try to keep the shipping cost down to a minimum for our customers...we will be more than happy to ship with UPS, fedex, or dhl but it is at the request of our customers. Transamfreek is correct, to ship an international package with any other method other than USPS you are looking at a minimum of $70 and i refuse to charge our customers that amount unless it is their choice!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 AM

Car: 90 trans am
Transmission: 5 spd

glad to hear it,as i know if i order from you,i will rather it be shipped UPS
Old 10-01-2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassman14
glad to hear it,as i know if i order from you,i will rather it be shipped UPS
Or have it sent to a freight-forwarding service with a US address that's in a bordertown and clear it through customs yourself. This is what I plan on doing for all parts I buy from the US from here on out. Customs are nothing but a pack of criminals.

Last time I had something shipped UPS originating from the states, I was charged $100 "brokerage" on a 80-dollar part!! NEVER AGAIN!

I hope whoever has my original injectors destroys their engine and/or floods their intake full of fuel blowing themselves up.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1991 Trans Am GTA
Engine: LSX (swapping)
Transmission: 4L60E (swapping)
Axle/Gears: 2.73 Posi 10 Bolt

As a buyer from Canada as well, I agree that FedEx and UPS are way more expensive. You have to pay shipping charges to the seller then you have to pay just as much if not more for customs fee's when the item arrives. USPS suually works out to be %50 less expensive whenever I get something sent here. It's also much easier for me because I can pick the item up from Canada Post, unlike UPS who tries to deliver it 3 times during the day (I work every weekday throughout the day) and they only accept cheques on delivery.

In regards to this topic though, is it possible the injectors were shipped to the wrong address?
Old 10-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Sponsor

We sent them to the address that we were given, but if for some reason they did get delivered to another address, or if they were lost, the package would have been sent back to us. Something had to happen in customs...I can't believe that these injectors just vanished! We a had package opened by customs in another country, one of our customers received a box of injectors, they contacted us and said that the box was torn, the bubble bag was opened and 3 injectors were missing!

what a "sh_t show"
Old 10-03-2009, 06:37 AM

Car: 87 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Axle/Gears: Not sure, gotta look it up

Last time I had something shipped UPS originating from the states, I was charged $100 "brokerage" on a 80-dollar part!! NEVER AGAIN!
Your best bet, if you live close enough to the border, is to find a UPS store in the neighboring state and have things sent there. We do it all the time, not just for car parts, boat parts too. Arrange your deliveries so you get a few items in making the trip worth while. You'll pay PST & GST when you bring them back across the border but you don't pay any brokerage charges.

Quite often too US suppliers have free shipping to US addresses and have better ability to track their shipments. I've saved tons doing it this way for years. I even have "my own corner" in the UPS Store in Ogdensbury NY!

If you're to far to drive to the states you're pretty much at the mercy of the postal or couriers. Otherwise get a few buddies together to do the same and make a tour out of it.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by KnottyBuoyz
Your best bet, if you live close enough to the border, is to find a UPS store in the neighboring state and have things sent there. We do it all the time, not just for car parts, boat parts too. Arrange your deliveries so you get a few items in making the trip worth while. You'll pay PST & GST when you bring them back across the border but you don't pay any brokerage charges.

If you're to far to drive to the states you're pretty much at the mercy of the postal or couriers. Otherwise get a few buddies together to do the same and make a tour out of it.
This is what I am planning on doing from now on. I am about an hour from the border, which isn't bad.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:28 AM

Car: 87 IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Axle/Gears: Not sure, gotta look it up

This is what I am planning on doing from now on. I am about an hour from the border, which isn't bad.
Good idea RH. Don't forget to print your Paypal receipts or credit card transactions for Customs. It's quick & painless at the border if you're prepared. Don't ever get caught sneaking parts in though or you'll be blacklisted for life. I know a guy who practically gets strip searched every time 'cause he got caught bring in a set of rings for his 390 mustang without declaring them. My buddy's wife is a customs agent. They know when you're sneakin' stuff in, they can see it in your face.

Ahhhhhh yeah, mustang, he should have know better!

This is just what we've bought for the boat this year and brought across.

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...III/Inventory/

There's about $2500 in parts there. Had I bought the same here retail it would have well been over twice that.