Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

ebay scam!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 FORMULA
Engine: ZZ4 + LT4 HT CAM 430HP
Transmission: 700-R4 COMING T56
Axle/Gears: 9" 4.56's (COMING)
ebay scam!!!

*****warning*****

they are scam artists on ebay that are sellers still selling that are ripping people off every second......

today i just found out that the ls1 t56 combo i bought was a scam and i got took for 3000 bucks!

the worst part is that ebay literally helped the sender by sending me the second chance buy it offer..... below is the exact two messages sent by 1: ebay and 2: the fake email sent by the seller!

the seller (whistlerz28) aka (bsalesco) is a lying peice of garbage that ebay is letting get away on this kinda stuff daily!

ebays message:

Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:45:49 -0700
From: "eBay Member: bsalesco@aol.com" <member@ebay.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by ebay.com. Learn more
To: my email
Subject: eBay Second Chance Offer sent you this eBay item: 98 99 00 LS1 ENGINE T56 TRANSMISSION COMPLETE COMBO (#8056144091)

bsalesco sent you this eBay item

Personal message:
*** eBay Second Chance Offer - Buy The Item You Recently Bid On - Notification Preferences indicates that you want to receive Second Chance Offer Notices. In compliance with eBay's Policy, the seller is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your last bid price of US $3,000.00. The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has duplicate items for sale. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and you will be eligible for eBay Services associated with a transaction, such as Fraud Protection. To purchase this Item just contact the seller at bsalesco@aol.com or by replying to this email. Respectfully , Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department) eBay Inc ***

98 99 00 LS1 ENGINE T56 TRANSMISSION COMPLETE COMBO
325 HP aluminum block 5.7 with 6 speed manual trans Item number: 8056144091

Seller: whistlerz28 ( 340)
Positive Feedback: 99.1%
Member since Jun-18-02 in United States
Current bid: US $4,150.99 (Reserve not met)
Ended: Apr-19-06 18:30:00 PDT
Item location: Orlando, Florida
United States
Ships to: United States

Summary
Complete engine trans combo from a;1999;Camaro SS. The engine has 32,XXX miles and runs very strong.; Included are all accessories, the harness, PCM, MAF and all related engine sensors.;This engine is COMPLETE with;a;6 speed T56 manual;transmission.;This is the aluminum block, 5.7 GEN III engine found in the C5 Corvette, GTO,;Z28 and SS Camaro, the WS6 Trans Am, and is the engine of choice for your updated musclecar. Get modern power and reliability combined with light weight and superb fuel economy. This engine is in stock form, as-pulled from the SS. The harness can be converted in house to run as a standalone in any car.; We can also re-tune the PCM in house;as needed if you would like any emissions or VATS;anti-theft deleted from the program, or tune the PCM to suit your modification needs if you plan on modifying. The charge for;a standalone harness is $300 and the charge for a custom PCM tune is $200.; This is an awesome deal for a great running combination and a low hassle swap into your classic. Just hook up the power, grounds, fuel and exhaust, and go! This engine was tested and driven before removal. Get any questions...? ASK! We have swapped LS1's into;everything;from rail buggies to airboats to muscle cars;and can provide tech support after your purchase. Installation is available at our 11,000 sq ft facility in Orlando. <p>Shipping is truck freight and will start at $100 and increase the further west you are.From Orlando to LA is around $500 to a business, add $75 if you don't have a;loading dock or a forklift.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select a picture

Protect yourself from Spoof (fake) emails. Learn More

You are receiving this email because the sender thought you would be interested in this eBay item. You can report this message as unwanted (spam) email. Learn more about spam email.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.
Copyright © 2006 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

as you can read my yahoo domain keys has verified that this message was indeed sent by ebay!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Banned

2:

2: here is the (fake aka spoof email) sent after i contacted him like ebay said above!

Mon, 1 May 2006 04:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: "aw-confirm" <aw-confirm@ebay.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Your Payment Invoice for eBay Second Chance Offer Purchases - 98 99 00 LS1 ENGINE T56 TRANSMISSION COMPLETE COMBO - (Item #8056144091)

Second Chance Offer -- Buy The Item You Recently Bid On

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear avinarogue (avinatherogue@yahoo.com),

Thank you for your purchase. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely. The total price for the item below is US $3,000.00

Item # Item Title Qty. Price
8056144091 98 99 00 LS1 ENGINE T56 TRANSMISSION COMPLETE COMBO 1 US $3,000.00

Shipping and Insurance: Included
Total: US $3,000.00

98 99 00 LS1 ENGINE T56 TRANSMISSION COMPLETE COMBO (Item #8056144091)

Your Price:
US $3,000.00
Date: May-01-06

Don't miss this opportunity!

Item insurance policy:

The following item is clear for eBay's Item insurance policy:

98 99 00 LS1 ENGINE T56 TRANSMISSION COMPLETE COMBO - (Item number: 8056144091)

Attention!
Our seller (bsalesco@aol.com) is currently located in the United States and he has recently changed his payment address on file with us from Orlando, FL to Miami, FL with the address listed below. The seller will cover the shipping charges because in your transaction with him there was not mentioned anything about the change of address.

Seller's verified payment address:

Full Name: Beth Stone
Address : 7244 NW 70th St
City/State: Miami/FL
Zip : 33166

• The merchandise must be sent to:
• We remind you that this eBay member has paid the Shipping and Insurance

Buyer's shipping address:

Full Name: my address
Address :
City/State:
Zip :

• Next step to be taken: The buyer must send the payment to the seller

Item Number: 8056144091
Amount insured: US $3,000.00

-The buyer and the seller agree on the terms of the transaction and on the selling price. The seller will contact eBay with the details of the transaction; eBay accepts the transaction and will offer Purchase Protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller).
-The buyer sends the payment and the seller receives it. After the payment is cleared, the seller must notify eBay. The buyer will send the payment details directly to the seller's email address.
-The seller has three business days to send the buyer and eBay the tracking number of the shipment. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the buyer.
-The buyer receives the merchandise and has five days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship it back to the seller within three business days.After the inspection period is over, the buyer must contact eBay with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified.
To enjoy the purchase protection, you must send the payment by the insured payment method below. Sending the payment by any other method will void this transaction and your right to a refund.

Details and instructions for this transaction:

The payment has to be sent using Western Union money transfer in collaboration with PayPal and eBay Inc. We would like to confirm to you again that our seller, Beth Stone is a registered eBay Seller. Payments Western Union are guaranteed. Your transaction with Beth Stone is covered under PayPal's Seller Protection and eBay's Fraud Protection Plan (eBay Safe Harbor) . After you will send the payment via Western Union please contact the seller at this e-mail address with the requested payment details: bsalesco@aol.com

Western Union is a Partner with Buy Safe for eBay Protection

Western Union Payment Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of International person-to-person money transfer. With more than 150 years experience and 225,000 Agent locations in over 195 countries and territories, Western Union is recognized for sending money quickly, reliably, and conveniently.
Pay Now with cash from your nearest Western Union Agent !

Don't let this item get away!

Because the fee to send a Western Union Money Transfer is high, compared to other methods of payment, we have arranged with the seller to compensate for half of this fee (i.e., if it costs you $100 to send the payment, take $50 from the amount insured and send the balance).

Once the payment was sent, email the seller the following payment details :

1) 10 digit MTCN # (Western Union):
2) Exact sender's name on file with Western Union:
3) Exact sender's address on file with Western Union:
4) Amount sent:

Then wait for the confirmation that the payment was received. Within 3
business days, you will receive the tracking number for your
Merchandise.

The seller Beth Stone is a registered eBay Seller. Buy with confidence!

Free coverage up to US $20,000,00 . Guaranteed by eBay

SquareTrade Buyer Protection Policy

This policy was last modified on May 01 2006.
Please note: If the information regarding the payment from Western Union is not updated within the next 3 business days, we will assume this account is fraudulent and it will be suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that you will contact the seller with all the information regarding the payment.

Purchase Protection and Refund:
Currently, the Seller has a US $20,000.00 deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account. Transactions with this eBay Seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors (i.e., eBay Buyer Protection Program and eBay Fraud Protection Program). For your safety, this account was locked today, for a period of 30 days. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it, within this period. If you will need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the Seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, or by check or money order. You will choose the refund method. You have 30 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days. The insurer of this transaction is eBay Inc., located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125, United States of America. The account is managed by eBay's Square Trade center and this transaction is supervised by eBay's Safe Harbor team.

Conditions to be met before you may ask for a Refund:
Here are the situations suitable for a refund request :
- if the item doesn't arrive and/or the seller ceases communications after the payment was received by him;
- if the received merchandise has different specifications than the ones you agreed on;
- if your merchandise arrives in a much longer period than the one you agreed on (more than 15 days from the payment clearance day). In these cases you have to return the merchandise to the seller prior to ask for your refund. If you did not pay the seller by the required payment method, your refund request would be declined.

Important Usage Guidelines:
The contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited. This transaction is protected by eBay services such as insurance, feedback and dispute resolution. You may buy and sell with confidence in all transactions with this eBay member. If you need to dispute this transaction, keep the transaction number at hand when contacting eBay. Any complaints must be filed within 30 days from the verification date.

Note: We sent a separate email to the seller to confirm this sale

This e-mail was sent to you by eBay's Safe Harbor team, with the full support of the Square Trade center. The seller was informed about this transaction being started and is awaiting your payment. It is recommended to send the payment as soon as possible, as your purchase protection is valid for 30 days only. Should you encounter any problems with this transaction, please contact us. When contacting our support team, use the reply feature so that all previous correspondences are included in your email. Otherwise, we will not be able to process your request.

To ask for a refund, simply reply to this notification and enter in the subject line:

Refund request for eBay Transaction #8056144091

Attention! If you will receive other Second Chance Offers for this item, do not respond to them as they were not sent by eBay and you will not be protected by our Policy. This is the only legit Second Chance Offer for this item.

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.
eBay - New &amp; used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods &amp; more at low prices

eBay Safe Harbor
Investigations Team

as you can see ebay literally helped this guy rip me off by sending me an email telling me this guy has a second chance offer, and to contact him.... this is why i am filing a lawsuit against them...... i don't know how far i will get but i will get them in court!

i hope this never happens to anyone on here! i pray that everyone on here just uses ebay for little stuff, and not somthing big like this! if you do, then use the accounts like paypal, and such, and be sure to read the tutorials on ebay that help you spot fakes... i was a dummy, and never realized how easy it was to get ripped off!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yuck. That is why I am leary of big purchases on ebay unless I have a verifiable address and/or phone number....

Good luck!!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Jade Green---Trans Am Converti
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
No offense, but both emails are fake. Second chance offers are always true ebay listings that only the person offered can bid on. You still have to go to ebay and bid on the auction.

The person you paid most likely isn't the actual ebay seller.

Kevin D.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned

Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:45:49 -0700
From: "eBay Member: bsalesco@aol.com" <member@ebay.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by ebay.com. Learn more
Subject: eBay Second Chance Offer sent you this eBay item: 98 99 00 LS1 ENGINE T56 TRANSMISSION COMPLETE COMBO (#8056144091)

bsalesco sent you this eBay item

notice yhoo domain keys...... so it did indeed come from ebay, i think that impliments them in the deal, in some way shape or form.... this was a auction that the reserve never got met, and i was sent a second chance offer for the bid i put in..... the second chance offer was sent by ebay from the seller.....
Old 05-11-2006, 08:32 PM

Car: 1992 Jade Green---Trans Am Converti
Engine: LS1
Everything can be faked.. That's not how Ebay handles second chance offers... They'll never tell you to contact a member directly, they want their fees!

How did you pay that you have no recourse?

Kevin D.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1984 Z28 Hardtop
Engine: 383 Carb
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 3.54 Dana 44
Even if it was from eBay, they have no responsibility for someone else's sale.

What the heck, you might as well sue your ISP. They got you online, so they're partly at fault, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry you got burned, and I hope the fraudulent seller gets what they've got coming, but they're the only ones who have done anything wrong.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: Yet another 350 TPI
Transmission: Borg Warner 6 spd
Axle/Gears: 3.73
That address is a 30 minute drive from me. A quick google search for that address lists it as a business address. Assuming the business itself had the auction up, they would probably use their business email, not an aol email. In addition, it would probably be sold under the business name as well, not an individual.

I'd be willing to bet the business has nothing to do with this whole thing.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by 92blue
I'd be willing to bet the business has nothing to do with this whole thing.
More than likely.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: a car being parted out
Engine: blown up
Transmission: in peices
I'm sorry but am I the only one that thinks 3K is waaaaay too good a deal on a Gen 3 complete motor with 6 speed? Especially with only 32,XXX miles?

I mean hell the trans alone is 2-3K IF you can find one. The engine and harness stuff... yeah 4-6K EASY.

Like they always say, if it smells too good...

Ihave gotten second chance offers from Ebay, and they were not in that format. But I denied them anyway, as I did not want to run into a similar situation.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:42 PM

Car: 1991 Z28 & 1992 Z28
Engine: LB9 & L98
Transmission: T56 & T56
Axle/Gears: 4.10s & 3.23s
How did you pay this person? If someone got me for that much, I would buy a bus ticket to where I sent the money. When I got there I would go to walmart and buy the cheapest bat I could find and go play ball! Get me the persons info, I have an account with PublicData.com
Old 05-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '83 Berli, '84 Berli, '84 Z28 HO
Engine: L69, LG4, L69
Transmission: TH700-R4, TH700-R4, T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 3.08, 3.73 Posi
that price is about right in this area for a complete setup like that that is used.
And the mail could easily have been spoofed to look like it came from ebay. Just makes it much harder to actually find the person who did it.. the fact that the address changed from one place to another within the auction of the item would have sent huge warning flags off....
Old 05-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 383 LT1
Axle/Gears: 4.10
Sorry to hear that you got burned. Unfortunately,you are not the first member of this board to get screwed trying to buy an LS1 on ebay. I dont know how you paid, but I would be contacting my banks fraud division right this minute if I was you and see what rights you have as a consumer and if they can do anything to help you. Some stated have very good consumer protection laws. Good luck.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 IROC w/Danko bodykit, 1988 iroc vert, 1989 k1500 pickup 6" lift and 35" tires, 2002 chevy tahoe z71
Engine: 383 stealth ram, 305 tpi, 350 tbi, 5.3l
Transmission: T56, 700r4, 700r4, 4l460
damn scammers . good luck with getting the money back.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Banned

hmmmm

well the reason i am convinced it's from ebay, well the first one is the domain keys...... the domainkey yahoo uses must track the ip from the original source, if it wasn't ebay, then i am convinced this guy is a computer hacking god!

seeing as how i paid for it western union, they had to show id to pick it up, i called western union and they say that i cant have the info but law people can..... police etc...... hell if where he picked it up is like ours then they have a security camera pointing right at their face!, mugshot baby!

ebay should have an ip address for bsalesco, if he used say, a cafe or such with a internet hook up, then more than likely he stays in a general area and a little survailance would find him!

bsalesco@aol.com should have an ip also..... aol can give a ip address..... so can yahoo! it's just a matter of having a badge to get it!

xlr8torz28, what info do you need, all i have is the stuff below, the thing is western union said the names matched from the person who picked it up, so finding beth stone is the key...

im still trying guys, right now i could sure use help,if you can help then pm me and well talk reward!

now for suing ebay, yeah i wouldn't probably get anything, i want more of a change of policy thing..... in that they have to limit people when first starting out, as well as eliminating name and email changing or somthing....
ways to protect good hardworking people that try and do good, not rip people off... i just ain't got no luck with ebay dang it!

well, i guess i will get back on the phone with miami pd again and see what they found, they called me and took a report... hopefully they will find this scumbag!

later everyone, and thanks for your support, it means the world to me right now, it really does....

all thoughts and ideas is helpful, keep em coming!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Supreme Member

You can get an IP address. sure.. the next thing is to get the IP address for the person at the time they used that IP address. Since IP addresses change at a pretty good rate for most places (ussually it is a 48 hour to 1 week thing depending on where you are, IP , ect ect...) So getting an IP address is just the beginning of the situation. you then have to go to the Internet provider the IP originated from, and find out exactly who it belonged to at the time you need.

Now. I would also like to point out, IP addresses, Email Accounts, domain names, ect ect can all be spoofed if the person has thier own server. and it really is not that hard to do (would take about 6 hours of reading and setting things up.

You best bet is to get the law involved and get the name of the person who picked it up along with a mug shot if available and prosecute them. and I think since it is across state lines and that it is such a large amount of money it will probably be a felany.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:31 AM

Car: 85 Trans Am
Engine: 350 (CCC QJet)
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08 9 bolt
Originally Posted by Angelis83LT
(would take about 6 hours of reading and setting things up.
maybe for a newbie...

Not sure how DomainKeys works but it seems like a waste to trust as said before, DNS and IP info is easy to spoof.

contact the fbi : http://www.ic3.gov/
Old 05-12-2006, 11:50 AM

Car: 1928 dodge coupe, 64 1/2 mustang
Engine: 350,289
Transmission: munice 4 speed,c4
Axle/Gears: 9" 3.00, 9" 3.25
i get the sco all the time but i have the ebay tool bar with account guard and it checks the offers and tell me wether or not it is a spoof email and not a real one from them
Old 05-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Forshock 85TA
maybe for a newbie...

Not sure how DomainKeys works but it seems like a waste to trust as said before, DNS and IP info is easy to spoof.

contact the fbi : http://www.ic3.gov/
the ease of it was the point i was trying to make.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:53 AM

Car: 1984 Camaro Z28
Engine: 2000 LS1
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 bolt w/4.11's
wow i almost bid on that EXACT auction.

im glad i spent a few extra bucks and delt with trans am creations.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:58 AM

Car: 1988 SC Camaro
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700-R4
Didn't you check to see if that person had a verified address and phone number so you could contsact him regarding this item? To pay through paypal they have to have an address and a savings/checking account.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Supreme Member

I think he said somewhere in all that he paid through Western Union
Old 05-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned

ok.... the auction this all started above was being sold by whistlerz28

whistler had a reserve, i figured i put a bid in in case he decided to let it go in a second chance deal....

i later got a email from ebay and from member bsalesco which is above that
i can have a second chance offer for the bid i put in.....

the reason i thought bsalesco was whistlerz28 is because i didn't know whistlerz28's email.... whistlerz28 is verified and such so i didn't worry too much about him ripping me off, you see the problem is bsalesco is a completely different person than whistlerz28, he not only took my 3000, he commited forgery on 2 counts, 1 impersonating an ebay member (whistlerz28) and impersonating ebay....

either way miami dade police is investigating as well as my local police.... the local police said if they can find them they will have them extradited back to kentucky to stand trial, also where it crossed state lines that makes it a felony! and a fbi matter! and in kentucky anything over 300 is a class d felony to boot! so if i can catch them, well lets just say they will need about at least a 20 years supply of soap on a rope!

i also filed with ic3.gov and ebay, and western union, the officer in charge here was going to get all the info ip's and everything he could...as well check to see if there are any survailance cameras there at that western union as well, if they was stupid enough to use their own id then they are ****ed!

i don't care if i get my money back or not, i just want to see them put away for a while!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:40 PM

let us know how this all turns out.

DIE SCAMMER DIE
Old 05-12-2006, 04:10 PM

got another

i got another fake second chance offer about 3min ago on a 93 maro i just bought and i was the high bidder and reserve met so they can send one if you win or not
Old 05-12-2006, 04:19 PM

This is an ongoing trend. I have receive some myself. Already traced that one.

What is happening is there are programs/software that watch ebay listings. When the items ends, it send what appears to be a genuine email from the ebay system (my scammer didnt protect themselves to well). The email is obviously different, as we saw above, and is not the ebayer you were doing business with.

My trace followed a path from here:
Reply-to was to a yahoo account, sender was at the WRONG domain (see below). the Name field was the ebay email address, some email programs may only show that field! (outlook and some webmail mostly).

the sender was to a domain registered under a woman (elderly lady, 65), whose information was stolen (address, phone, all of it, she said its happened about 3 times this year alone!). Traced from there to a credit card number used in Australia. The scammer actually lived in florida! Using this info, i gave it all to ebay to check as well as the domain registrar and webhost (verio).

Im beginning to wonder if there is a security breach in ebays system, as it easily picked my email address without using the built in messaging system...
Old 05-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Banned

****!

i would reccomend nobody on here use ebay for any big purchase items for a while, because it seems like somthing is terribly wrong dang it!

either way, i've decided to take it to court, reguardless of who's *** i have to drag in with me....... yahoo,sbc,western union,ebay whoever somones getting their a$$ handed to them!

i don't care if it makes me look like an a$$, i am tired of being took advantage of, and furthermore, ebay isn't lifting a finger to be helpful....

they just simply don't care!
Old 05-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 Iroc Z28
Engine: The KING of the 3rd gen TPI's.
Transmission: Beefed up T5
Axle/Gears: Aussie 3.45's
F*CK EBAY.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:41 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 91 Black Formula KR
Engine: 305 TPI R69/G92
Transmission: Astro A5-Pro 5.0-McCleod
Axle/Gears: US Gear 3.42 Eaton True Trac
I got taken for $450, but besides that, I've had great results from Ebay.

On a recent item I sold, the winning bidder emailed me asking if I had done a second chance offer to another person, because that second person had contacted the winning bidder first.

I get fake ebay emails about 3 or more a week. forward them to spoof@ebay.com or paypal too...

Stay away from wire transfers, western union or "check / money order'.

paypal is your safest bet. And for sure, as you did, get the police involved.

Rafael
Old 05-13-2006, 10:03 AM

PM me the persons name and address that they gave you, and I will see if I can find anything. If you have a phone number I can use that also and find out who it is registered to.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:31 AM

Car: '82 Bird S/E (sold)
Engine: 305
Transmission: saginaw 4 speed
that scammer was to obvious, bsalesco = bs+sales+co
Old 05-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Banned

oh yeah!

man this guy is sooooo busted!!!! lets just say this guy dosen't know whats about to hit him lol!

i am taking donations for him for his sope on rope, cause he's gonna need it!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:05 AM

Car: 86 Iroc Z
Engine: 406
Transmission: 350 Turbo
Axle/Gears: 373
lol
Old 05-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 88 GTA "Cocaine"
Engine: 350 tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.27
I heard you say I do not care if you get the money back.

Dude who are you foolin' Its never about the principal. If you got your ls1 and knew this guy was stickin it to others would you still be so upset

before you tell me yes understand that you are emotional about this issue. the police will not spend much time on this and you have to take matters into your own hands.

You were done a great unjustice but I think you did it to yourself. You were so eager to get that ls1 that you were blinded by BS. If you were only 30 min away from this guy why did you not go and pick it up.

I read this whole thread and came to the conclusion that you have more money than brains. to give 3k to a computer screen. You have to step back from the situation and understand that there is 90% chance you will walk away with a 3K lesson on trust no one.

If what I have said really upset you then you have learned nothing and will continue to be taken advantage of.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:43 AM

I just seen you paid western union. Ebay will not help when paid by them and does not allow sales with them in on there site as scammers have been using western union the most. Scammers wont take paypal so ebay wont get involved in their scam. as i have stated before get the ebay account gaurd and it helps with the scams the scam i got was reported and the member and been off ebay for 3 years. when i reported it ebay sent me an email back stating when you get this type of email check your my ebay messege and if the email is not in your account message it is not an email from ebay.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:06 PM

Car: 93 z28
Engine: 350 lt1
Transmission: 4l60
Axle/Gears: ??????
goto his house and kick his ***!!! lol
Old 05-14-2006, 01:38 PM

Car: 1992 25th Anniversary White W/ Red
Engine: Procharged 383CI/ Soon LS2 Turbo
Transmission: Manual 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4:11/Auburn Posi/Moser Axle
no this happened when i sold a banshee on ebay it sent everyone who bidded on my item a second chance offer but i didnt actually send it, the scammers found a way to send it looking like its from the seller when its actually not. Only reason i know this is cause i had one of my friends bid the item up and he got the email. Its not the actual seller who is at fault. And yea you used western union....your pretty much ****ed
Old 05-14-2006, 11:26 PM

There is a division within the FBI that handles Internet Fraud issues and are VERY serious about it, especially when they get the IRS involved for not reporting all income from eBay sellers. Call them and tell them what happened. I bought something from a guy one time that was located in NJ. The item description said item location : NJ. 3 Months passed and I never got the item. eBay wouldnt do jack squat. The guy states the item shipped from Thailand which wasnt in his item description. I ended up getting so pissed, I called the Internet Fraud Division and they eventually hooked up with the Federal Trade commission and nailed the guy on not paying import taxes on all the hundreds of items he was selling on eBay and having shipped in from overseas.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Supreme Member

Car: Tree Huggers
Engine: Do Not
Transmission: Appreciate Me.
Second to last paragraph, use the links ASAP!

RULES AND TERMS FOR POSTING AND USING THE CLASSIFIEDS - LS1LT1.com

-------------------------

Originally Posted by jamon8

Dude who are you foolin' Its never about the principal. If you got your ls1 and knew this guy was stickin it to others would you still be so upset

before you tell me yes understand that you are emotional about this issue. the police will not spend much time on this and you have to take matters into your own hands.

You were done a great unjustice but I think you did it to yourself. You were so eager to get that ls1 that you were blinded by BS. If you were only 30 min away from this guy why did you not go and pick it up.

I read this whole thread and came to the conclusion that you have more money than brains. to give 3k to a computer screen. You have to step back from the situation and understand that there is 90% chance you will walk away with a 3K lesson on trust no one.

If what I have said really upset you then you have learned nothing and will continue to be taken advantage of.
Umm... what kind of crack are you smoking? I mean seriously, you are calling this guy a prevaricator with regard to his moral position, gullible and ignorant with regard to his actions and haughty and patronizing with regard to your position relationally to his own. I’m sure it’s just what he needs at a time such as this.

Additionally, to make a blatant assumption upon another's morals and beliefs is asinine and a grave injustice to that person. I have never been 'scammed' online, however, many people will tell you I have a half-second fuse when it happens to others. I will gladly help stick a telephone pole up a scammers ***, yet, I have no monetary, or emotional, involvement, why do I do it then? Principle.

If you don't believe that, ask around, I'm sure a few people will come forth and tell you I have helped them, no payment, no nothing, just trying to get the right thing done.

As an aside at this point, KY to FL is by far not a half hour drive.

Furthermore, to assume that because someone purchased a big item on ebay means they have more money than brains belies your ignorance. Many, many people have made larger purchases.

I don' know if it upset the victim in this case, but it sure annoyed me. To be so supercilious and self-absorbed that you can not even absorb a thought process outside of your own as possible or legitimate is wholly narrow minded and ignorant.

Should I have missed some noble, yet obscure or obtuse, lesson in your fatuous rant, I shall consider myself lucky.

------------------

Badgta, if you are anywhere near the Bowling Green/Scottsville area PM me and we can have a little chat, particularly with regard to you actually filing a formal complaint outside the criminal arena. FL is not the best of states to have a debtor in.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:08 AM
Banned

smartazz!

jamon, you really need a lesson in humility! if i knew you were close enough i'd bitchslap you myself....

the whole meaning of this thread, the copy's of the html and such were to warn the fellow thirdgenners what was going on and to avoid this recent scam that they might recive!

and yes, they are a few people on here that have purchased ls1's off ebay, and probably more that maybe are considering it, this was to help them to learn how easy it is to be tricked! considering they have a lsx swap forum here maybe you over looked it considering the tremendous brain fart you had above!

and reddevil

like i said above, i hope they nail this guy, and odds are they are a 90% chance they are, if you knew what i know.....

yes they are a 99% chance i won't see a dime of that 3000 again, and yes lesson learned!

but bottom line, this guy gets put away, then a big what if that ebay get whats coming to them and starts changing policy for the better? it has to start somewhere dosen't it? why not here?

the bottom line, this was a pretty good thread going here, alot of what to do in this case, a who to avoid on ebay, what to watch out for, but jamon, responces like the one you gave above are wrong, and maybe over time you will see things clearer, yes i am angry, yes i am frustrated, but you know what, i can hold my head up high and be glad that hopefully this won't happen to someone else, and maybe i helped them avoid it by letting them know what was going on....
Old 05-15-2006, 06:06 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2018 Camaro SS
Engine: LT1 w/Paxton 1500SL
Originally Posted by jamon8

I'm sure you've NEVER been screwed before or taken advantage of right? So maybe he made a few mistakes, maybe he missed a few signs but it's so easy to play monday morning quarterback.

If you think you've never been taken advantage of maybe YOU'RE too stupid to realize it. Nice way to kick the guy while he's down. At least he's not moping around feeling sorry for himself, he's taking the initiative to right the wrongs.

Tool.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:23 AM

Car: 86 Camaro Iroc-z
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
There are also scams like this on the site craigslist.com The scam is used on both ebay and craigslist where a person sends you a money order for 1000 over what they won the item for or you want for the item and they tell you to send them the extra cash, If you come across this dont sell them the ITEM!!!!! I saw this on television and then it actually happened to one of my friends when she was trying to sell her maxima.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by badgta
what if that ebay get whats coming to them and starts changing policy for the better?
I'm still not understanding why eBay has anything "coming to them". What did they do that was wrong? How could their changing a policy help the situation?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

proof

well, i just figured out how to display full headers on my email....

heres the full header from the first message i claim ebay sent me telling me to contact him!

From eBay Member: bsalesco@aol.com Sun Apr 30 02:45:49 2006
X-Apparently-To: avinatherogue@yahoo.com via 68.142.200.221; Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:45:56 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [66.135.197.15]
Return-Path: <member@ebay.com>
Authentication-Results: mta246.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=ebay.com; domainkeys=pass (ok)
Received: from 66.135.197.15 (EHLO mx17.sjc.ebay.com) (66.135.197.15) by mta246.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:45:56 -0700
Received: from sj-v3conta16 (sj-v3conta16.sjc.ebay.com [10.6.189.74]) by mx17.sjc.ebay.com (8.13.5/8.13.5) with ESMTP id k3U9hbO1015565 for <avinatherogue@yahoo.com>; Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:45:49 -0700
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; s=dk; d=ebay.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=message-id:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version: content-type:x-ebay-mailtracker; b=We59m6TEnW3nBfM7RuQ9fSQmfxS3l2Tpbv8uiJUtJ5sJgyab3OJihjK1lAjPHLv6h E8Z3GDGCxh6X+blQhWHMjPciCRRl2I1zvL4FC+wvYnE+09MjPFFImNFaCxmu1bWrbtC w9VD6Js9HkBBgQRSxjgZoAx1HxCVSjR/neN4tUY=
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:45:49 -0700
Message-ID: <1336312721.1146390355914.JavaMail.SYSTEM@sj-v3conta16>
Reply-to: bsalesco@aol.com
To: avinatherogue@yahoo.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=116016017.1146390355914.JavaMail.SYSTEM.sj-v3conta16
X-eBay-MailTracker: 10036.457.100.0
Content-Length: 5199

use arin whois and search those ips...... it was from ebay.... scam artists!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:53 PM

if this email was in your my ebay messages then it is from ebay if it was not it is not from ebay. ebay will not help you since you paid western union. ebay does not send the second chance offers the sellers do. you should have contact the seller first to see if they sent the offer and that it was not a fake. sorry it looks like you learned a 3000 dollar lesson i am sorry to say,but i hope you do get your money back. scammers are as low as people can go all scammers are is a high tec theif.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:47 PM

man i hate hearing **** like this cause i'm needing a dash for my 86 z and i have a bid in as i sit here!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 04:58 PM

Hindsight is always 20/20, but didn't this phrase catch your eye?

"This is the only legit Second Chance Offer for this item."

There are several sentences in there like that one, obviously not written by Ebay.

As to the method of payment, PayPal won't protect you, there are half a dozen forums devoted to people who had their bank accounts and credit cards charged up because paypal had access to them, and I know first hand how that feels - I had someone hack my paypal account and send himself the money out of my checking account. PayPal didn't give a rat's behind, and told me that very clearly at the time. Luckily my bank was able to pull the money back, but I closed my PayPal account and never looked back.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by asphalt hauler
man i hate hearing **** like this cause i'm needing a dash for my 86 z and i have a bid in as i sit here!!!!
If you are not overbid, and you win, then dont pay, if you dont feel its right. What will happen? Negative feedback? Who cares? Better then loosing your hard earned ca$h.

The only time I use ebay anymore, is when I need somthing I know I can't find anywhere else. With some of the shipping charges these sellers ask, somtimes its not worth it.

Last edited by brutalform; 05-17-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by irocalot
Hindsight is always 20/20, but didn't this phrase catch your eye?

"This is the only legit Second Chance Offer for this item."

There are several sentences in there like that one, obviously not written by Ebay.

As to the method of payment, PayPal won't protect you, there are half a dozen forums devoted to people who had their bank accounts and credit cards charged up because paypal had access to them, and I know first hand how that feels - I had someone hack my paypal account and send himself the money out of my checking account. PayPal didn't give a rat's behind, and told me that very clearly at the time. Luckily my bank was able to pull the money back, but I closed my PayPal account and never looked back.

For all you know, there could be chic working at PayPal, with a drug addicted boyfriend. If they have access to your account, then you are $crewed. Not only Ebay, ANYPLACE! One credit card copy in the wrong hands, even if someone glances at your drivers licence #, while you are writing a check at the supermarket, is all that it takes.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Iroc Z28
Engine: The KING of the 3rd gen TPI's.
Transmission: Beefed up T5
Axle/Gears: Aussie 3.45's
After hearing some of these situations, I think I just might end up closing my Paypal account aswell.

I've been ripped off by a couple International sellers on Ebay, but when I filed claims, I almost always got my money back. Paypal requires that the seller provide proff of shipping, which is in the form of registered mail (tracking#). If someone didn't send you your item, they most likely won't have a legit tracking# to provide Paypal. But then you may end up getting a refund from Paypal but no money returned because the seller took the funds and ran (leaving an empty paypal account) with no funds for paypal to collect.

And I've done my fair share of selling on Ebay. Sure, you can make some cash, but if your profit margins aren't large enough, with Ebay's "listing fee's" and "final selling value" fees (Ebay fee's out your Ying-yang) it most often doesn't pay.

At this point, I've put Ebay on the backburner.

Quick Reply: ebay scam!!!