Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

ebay scam!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:25 PM

Yea, thats kind of troublesome to me that they had your email addy, I wonder how they got that. AFAIK it isnt supposed to be available unless you make it available, but of course I dont know the internet that well so maybe it was simple.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1991 FORMULA
Engine: ZZ4 + LT4 HT CAM 430HP
Transmission: 700-R4 COMING T56
Axle/Gears: 9" 4.56's (COMING)
dang

man i still think ebay has a major security breach going on...... to much bs all of a sudden

buyer beware
Old 05-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 BMW 545i
Engine: 4.4L N62B44
Transmission: 6spd auto
Axle/Gears: Rotating
Originally Posted by badgta
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:45:49 -0700
From: "eBay Member: bsalesco@aol.com" <member@ebay.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by ebay.com. Learn more
To: my email
Subject: eBay Second Chance Offer sent you this eBay item: 98 99 00 LS1 ENGINE T56 TRANSMISSION COMPLETE COMBO (#8056144091)

bsalesco sent you this eBay item

notice yhoo domain keys...... so it did indeed come from ebay, i think that impliments them in the deal, in some way shape or form.... this was a auction that the reserve never got met, and i was sent a second chance offer for the bid i put in..... the second chance offer was sent by ebay from the seller.....

I'm selling you a great deal. it's a once in a life time chance to buy $100,000,000 in gold for $10

since I now sent you a msg that is more or less a scam through thirdgen.org does that mean thirdgen.ord is implicated in this scam? just because the msg came from ebay doesn't mean ebay is in on this and sponsering the scam.

doing a simple search on ebay turned up a few thigns also

Receiving a Second Chance Offer
To ensure a Second Chance Offer is legitimate, go to eBay - New &amp; used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods &amp; more at low prices, sign in, and click My eBay. The Second Chance Offer email appears in My Messages. Legitimate Second Chance Offers are forwarded directly from eBay and appear in My Messages with a blue background and subject stating, “Second Chance Offer for Item…”
you said you received this in your email right? not the "My messages" in ebay directly?

also it seems this message came from the user itself rather then ebay directly. the user just used ebay to actually send the msg it seems. that is cited as not being legite by ebay.

western union is a big clue to it being false. haven't you heard of all the scams going around and they use western union? also have you ever really seen anythign on ebay about using western union? if I have it isn't very often.

the whole address change thing seems very iffy.

plus the whole your half way down hte list of previous buyers seems weird that only you would be offered the motor to purchase.

well the reason i am convinced it's from ebay, well the first one is the domain keys...... the domainkey yahoo uses must track the ip from the original source, if it wasn't ebay, then i am convinced this guy is a computer hacking god!
read above th with buying 1mil in gold. it comes from TGO

either way miami dade police is investigating as well as my local police.... the local police said if they can find them they will have them extradited back to kentucky to stand trial, also where it crossed state lines that makes it a felony! and a fbi matter! and in kentucky anything over 300 is a class d felony to boot! so if i can catch them, well lets just say they will need about at least a 20 years supply of soap on a rope!
wouldn't bother me any and hope he gets what he deserves. nobody needs to be scammed for that much money

but bottom line, this guy gets put away, then a big what if that ebay get whats coming to them and starts changing policy for the better?
change what policy? you could of easily looked at ebay to find out information that would have helped you make the decision. there are lots of thingsi nthere help section that warn against false emails, how to let you know if an email is legit, even on telling you the how to go about doing and receive and act upon a second chance auction. you didn't look at that information it isn't ebays fault with all that. while it sucks that this happened and I know it could happen to me as well which I hope it doesn't and I'm sorry for what happened to you part of it does fall with you not double checking things. you could of easily looked into ebay's policy and how they do things vs how this was done and easily see it wasn't real. you should know yourself that this was done outside of ebay. the only thing ebay MIGHT of been used for is the carrier and even that I wonder about. you can't just put the blame on ebay and the guy then call it good.
but in the way things are now I hope you learn. I know myself I have been taken down with things by others just in different situations. it sucks sadthing is it is a part of life anymore. only thing we can really do is learn. AND HELP OTHERS LEARN which for this thank you. if nothing else by this scam you have helped others see that bad people are out there, and by some here are pointing out things that you might of missed that hopefully they will see if this same thing happenes to them. and hopefully if this happenes to you again you will know what to do this time and go about taking care of this the correct way.

that scammer was to obvious, bsalesco = bs+sales+co
that one is a good one

if I sound like I'm just sitting here chewing your bum I'm not meaning it like that. today is just going slow at work and the customers are interesting :-)
Old 05-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Banned

bs man

this whole past two weeks has been a hellasious headache from hell...... loss of sleep, loss of appetite, and a mine explosion less than 5 miles from my mine, just makes me wonder if any car is worth it anymore......

bottom line, this mother****er will get his, bottom line! this thread saved a fellow thirdgenner 5 grand, nuff said!

it's funny though, i looked at the irs website, and my 3000 is a write off that i will get back tax time, (bad news) it gets taxed again even though it was taxed from my wages at work. uncle sams way of giving you the green wienne again!

another funny thing, when i have mentioned suing ebay, it seemd people here went ape**** over it, i was thinking it was funny how bsalesco got my email address, because on ebay trying to send an email without sending through ebays messages is about impossible! isn't that a violation of their privacy policy? ahh the hell with it, i am tired of even thinking about it.... next time i will keep it all to myself.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Supreme Member

think about this one though your email address is the same as your user name on ebay. granted they might of gotten it another way. but it can't be that hard to figure ok lets try xxx@yahoo.com xxx@hotmail.com xxx@gmail.com and hope we hit the right one.

have you checked your msgs yet in ebay?

it's funny though, i looked at the irs website, and my 3000 is a write off that i will get back tax time, (bad news) it gets taxed again even though it was taxed from my wages at work. uncle sams way of giving you the green wienne again!
it's the same way if you ovrepay your taxes if I remember right. you overpay so you get your money back next year on your overpayment but because you gave the government too much money that they can use for a while for their own needs they then will on top of using your money till they have to pay you back tax you because they where able to use your money for a while on your overpayment. HUH?!?!?! shouldn't I collect interest on them for "lending" them my money?
Old 05-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Banned

nope

the email has three characters the username didn't...... they got it somehow but either way....
Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Supreme Member

my missunderstanding then. I kind glanced through some of the stuff. but I do understand what you are saying with that. it is a little weird. I'm not sure how they are doing it then.

either way way though if you like I have a nice 76 accord you could shove up his *** if you want. and being it is FWD it should make it easier and more painfull as those should be the first wheels to enter his anus. see guys FWD isn't always bad
Old 05-23-2006, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Jade Green---Trans Am Converti
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
There's plenty of ways to get your email address without Ebay handing it out. Hell, from this thread I now know your user name and email address. Plus your user name is very similar to your email, it doesn't take a very complicated piece of software to take your user name and look for all remotely similar email addresses posted on the net. I guarantee that 1000 more possible people got the same email you did. It's called phishing for a reason, you throw your lines and hope for a bite.

Kevin D.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70 posi
This is one of the main reasons I have the ebay toolbar installed. It actually works and verifies if links in e-mails or e-mails are valid ebay addresses.

I just looked at the username you put up and

bsalesco (0)
No longer a registered user

More than likely it was a scam person who registerd got what he/she wanted and removed themselves.

Like was said, check the "my messages" in "my ebay" and see if you have it in there.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

hmmmm

nothing in the my ebay messages,

i sent a message to myself on ebay, you know, the contact member.... it sent emails to my email, plus my ebay messages.... i don't know how this guy got around it, it's just weird!