Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

GM Parts Direct!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: www.hrfbody.com
Engine: www.hrfbody.com
GM Parts Direct!

I ordered a transmission cable and a oil sensor from these assclowns.

It's been nearly two weeks and still no parts. Last time I wrote them they toldme this:

"Customer Service" <customerservice@gmpartsdirect.com>
03/15/2005 05:02 PM

To
cc
bcc
Subject RE: Tracking Number--1645

Your order will be shipping out by the end of the week. You will receive
a email confirmation once your order has been shipped so you can get
your tracking number.

Thank You www.GmPartsDirect.com
A whole week later, not confirmation number and no package. WTF.

Let me tell you GM guys once more why they suck. They lower you to thier site with low dealer costs on prices then they *** rape you with thier bogus shipping and handling fees. They even talk about it on there website

Why does shipping and handling fee seem so high?

Gmpartsdirect.com sells parts near published dealer cost plus a percentage for a shipping and handling fee. This fee is not actual shipping charges only.

The shipping and handling pays for the shipping charges plus our other expenses like web programming, employees, etc. Another way to explain this is, we are selling you the part near published dealer cost, the shipping, and handling pays all of our expenses associated with running the web site. The amount left over after our expense is our profit.

Keep in mind our overall price is a tremendous savings over retail price and in most cases is even cheaper than dealer wholesale shipped to your door step,and without leaving the convenience of the Mouse. Compare the overall price delivered to your door.

(In some cases our site may misprice parts. If you feel the pricing is incorrect please email us and we will glady check on the part number in question)
In other words, we make you think our prices are low, then we hit you with bull**** handling fee's.

Second, these *******s have no customer service. All they have is email corspondance.

You can't call and bitch the ****s out for not shipping your ****, when it's been nearly 3 weeks.

Is there a phone number to call and place an order or ask for customer service?

To keep our prices as low as possible WE DO NOT CORRESPOND BY PHONE or offer phone ordering services.

All correspondence through our firm is by email only so we can document all transactions and conversations.

We will be able to help you in every way by email at Email Customer Service or CustomerService@GmPartsDirect.com.
I've seen some sites that have them as a sponser, I just want to say, they suck ***.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 1987 Black IROC-Z (SOLD)
No one forced you to buy your parts from that site, so go down to your local dealer and get raped there.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:13 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: NCC-1701-D (docked in AZ)
Engine: impulse drive
Transmission: fusion reactors
Axle/Gears: Rescued from the Borg by my crew
Agreed...why be an assclown and talk bad about a company that has always done me right and never screwed me over. All their prices are listed along with their shipping or handling charges. Get youor parts from your local dealer (like was suggested) and shoot your mouth off somewhere else. They will also tell you if your item is backordered with a little star next to the item. You obviously can't read simple instructions.

GMPARTSDIRECT is a company I will continue to do business with. They always answer my questions promptly. Been buying from them for over two years. I think this thread is
Old 03-25-2005, 01:39 PM

Car: An '87 Italian Retard Out Cruisin'
Engine: LS1 install in progress
Transmission: 4L60e
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt
yeah ive had good luck with them too. Even with shipping, parts I bought were still cheaper than buying local. You do get to see your grand total with shipping before you place the order, so compare before you send your order.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:23 PM

Car: '85 Monte Carlo
Engine: '87 305 TPI
Transmission: 200R4
I have orderd through them on several occasions. Sometimes things are special ordered and take longer yes, but usually worth the wait. I would order from them again.
Bill H...
Old 04-07-2005, 12:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1986 Iroc
Engine: Afr 408
Transmission: T56 Magnum
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 3.70s
Just my two cents, but I have two options for parts when I need them.

I use GM parts direct if I need a part, but can wait the extra time to get it. 2-4 weeks. Cool thing is the price, but you need to be exact with the part number and ordering.

The other is a dealer near me that carries a very good stock of parts, so if I need something ASAP, I go there, pay the extra, but I have what I want immediately (usually).

Overall, I give GMpartsdirect a C, good price, but service and time to get the part are below average. I will order from them again, it just depends on the urgency.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:21 AM

Car: 1991GTA, 1991 Formula 350
Engine: L98/ L98
Transmission: 700r4, ditto
Axle/Gears: 3.23 x 2
I've used GM parts direct on more than a few occasions, no problems EVER. Great service, and I usually get my stuff within 10 days.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: .040" over 350
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt with 3.45s
It's too bad you had a problem, but I've got to agree with everybody else. I've never had a problem with gmpartsdirect.com. I've used them and will continue to do so.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:25 PM
TGO Supporter

Location: Avatar: My 34' 1989 Scarab III w/ twin 454's (502's Started!)
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1989 Wellcraft Scarab III
Engine: Twin 454's
Axle/Gears: Twin Mercruiser Bravo I's
I have done 2 to 4 thousand dollars of business with them in the last 3-4 years and have only once had a problem with them. I emailed them (just once) to inform them that one order of mine had never reached me (UPS lost it) and they overnighted me the part free of charge and dealt with UPS. IOW, it wasn't even their fault and they fixed it right away.

I have also shopped around on the net and locally and rarely are their prices beat even with their, admittedly, high shipping charges.

I am sorry to hear about your trouble with them, though, it always sucks when that happens.