Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Hawks Thirdgen parts, Grrrrreat!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawks Thirdgen parts, Grrrrreat!!

This is just a formal way of me personally thanking Bruce at Hawks Thirdgen parts for what an awsome job of customer service and value his buisness offers. I just received my $2500 order from him and it had merely 1 tiny thing wrong which he really didnt have any control over. His answer to the tiny crack in one of the ground effects? Return it and I will ship you another one right away! Now that's service. His knowlege and just the fact that he takes the time with his customers to explain the details will ensure that I will be returning to him for my parts purchases over and over. I would HIGHLY reccomend that anybody make a purchase from him, big or small... Thanks Bruce!

Last edited by MikeC.86Roc; 08-14-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Scott C-2

Bruce is simply stellar when it comes to service...He's had my business for a while now and I don't see that changing any time soon :hail:
Old 08-26-2003, 03:32 PM

Location: Doghouse ······································ Car: 1989 Formula 350 Vert Engine: 350 L98 Transmission: 700R4 Axle/Gears: B&W 3.27
Received 165 Likes on 120 Posts
Car: 87 Formula T-Top, 87 Formula HT
Engine: 5.1L TPI, 5.0L TPI
Transmission: 700R4, M5
Axle/Gears: Sag 3.73, B&W 3.45
I would recommend hawks

John
Old 09-06-2003, 04:10 PM

I wasn't happy with the service at all, personally. I tested them out with a very small order a few weeks ago- a $4.50 dome light cover. Before I made the order I sent 2 short emails in, one making sure they had it in stock, the other asking about some unrelated bolts. The first reply was brief but told me what I needed to know, it was in stock. The second was a complete brush off...basically he told me to check the site again (which had no info on misc. bolts). I wasn't asking about anything big so I wasn't worth the time.

To make matters worse, the cover didn't fit. The site said 82-92 Camaro/Firebird...I bought it for an '86 Z28, so I'm not sure what the problem is. All I can think is that either he sent the wrong part, or the cover fits on top of something that broke off. I've been meaning to go take a look at a friends '87 for a comparison but haven't had the chance yet :/
Old 09-07-2003, 11:50 AM
Premium Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by Praetorian
I wasn't happy with the service at all, personally. I tested them out with a very small order a few weeks ago- a $4.50 dome light cover. Before I made the order I sent 2 short emails in, one making sure they had it in stock, the other asking about some unrelated bolts. The first reply was brief but told me what I needed to know, it was in stock. The second was a complete brush off...basically he told me to check the site again (which had no info on misc. bolts). I wasn't asking about anything big so I wasn't worth the time.

To make matters worse, the cover didn't fit. The site said 82-92 Camaro/Firebird...I bought it for an '86 Z28, so I'm not sure what the problem is. All I can think is that either he sent the wrong part, or the cover fits on top of something that broke off. I've been meaning to go take a look at a friends '87 for a comparison but haven't had the chance yet :/
First and foremost I apologize for the problems you're having with the dome light light cover, however why haven't you called us?? It's possible you're missing the black plastic holder the dome light cover fits on, or that you have an overhead console in which this case it will not work at all. If it's not working call me it's not a big deal, I will take care of it. As far as the short emails go, you have to understand we receive over 100 emails a day. The best way to reach me is by phone, I make all emails as short as possible b/c of all the other things I have to do through out the day. Call me on Monday 9am - 5pm est and I will take care of it. Give me a chance to fix the problem before going and bashing my service.
Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins
Hawks Third Gen Parts
864-855-2694
Old 09-11-2003, 04:34 PM

Car: 86 T/A
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700-R4 Auto
I recommend House of Camaro!
Old 09-13-2003, 12:45 PM

>First and foremost I apologize for the problems you're having with the dome light light cover, however why haven't you called us??

Time, mainly...I meant to email shortly after I recieved the cover, but I've been insanely busy for the last couple weeks. And to be honest, I didn't think I would get a well-researched-well-thought-out reply. No offence intended there, but the briefness of the 2 previous emails I had sent weren't encouraging in that sense.

>It's possible you're missing the black plastic holder the dome light cover fits on, or that you have an overhead console in which this case it will not work at all.

Yes, I do have an overhead console....I was unaware there were cars without them (shows what I know
Mystery solved then, I guess. But why wasn't that noted on the site?

>If it's not working call me it's not a big deal, I will take care of it. As far as the short emails go, you have to understand we receive over 100 emails a day. The best way to reach me is by phone, I make all emails as short as possible b/c of all the other things I have to do through out the day.

Fair enough.

>Call me on Monday 9am - 5pm est and I will take care of it. Give me a chance to fix the problem before going and bashing my service.

My apologies- it wasn't my intention to bash. I've only had the one dealing with your site...since the cover didn't fit, it's hard for me to be happy with everything. Just meant to give my opinions on the one experience I had.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA Notchback
Engine: 305ci, 5.0L, TPI, HO
Transmission: Borg Warner T5 5-Speed
Axle/Gears: 9-Bolt Positraction Rear w/3.45 Grs
Hawks was very good. I have never had any problems with any of their products. I am looking forward to purchasing some more stuff from them in the near future!
Old 09-18-2003, 12:59 PM

Car: '91 Firebird
Engine: 408 SBC
Transmission: T5
I just purchased a door from Hawks. I ordered it last Thursday over the telephone. It arrived today (Thursday), exactly one week later. The door is in good condition. It came with glass, power window motor, int/ext door handles & hinges. All for the very reasonable price of $150 (+$20 freight fee).

I highly recommend their services!
Old 09-21-2003, 08:52 PM

yupp Bruce does a real good job at keeping folks happy and providing real good service :hail:
Old 09-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1989 Trans Am
Engine: 355 HSR
Transmission: Pro-Built 700r4 w/ 3400 converter
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt w/ 3.42 gears
HAWKS IS AWESOME...

i had an issue this summer where the plastic bracket holding my hatch motor shattered right during a rain storm, thus causing a major problem. i called bruce first thing on a tuesday morning, he got my info told me what they had and much to my surprise... the next afternoon i had my plastic bracket. this is the second time i have dealth w/ bruce and i have been very pleased on both occasions. great service and very timely IMO...

i also got a chance to meet bruce in atlanta at G7 this summer and had a very nice converstation w/ him for a while... great guy... i highly recommend them to anyone!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA Notchback
Engine: 305ci, 5.0L, TPI, HO
Transmission: Borg Warner T5 5-Speed
Axle/Gears: 9-Bolt Positraction Rear w/3.45 Grs
Again, I was fully satisfied with their service and product. I recommend them to anyone who owns a thirdgen! :rockon:
Old 11-25-2003, 05:37 PM

Car: 90 Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5
I am one of the people that is here to complain about Hawk's. I ordered some A-pillars for my 87' T/A hardtop. I understood that the parts were used, but that did not prepare me for what I saw when I opened the box. The pillars I recieved were chipped and the retainer clip holders on the backside were all broken (like someone just pried them off another car without a care in the world). I was extremely dissappointed. Another problem I had with Bruce was that I e-mailed him and asked him if the pillars came with new retainer clips. He wrote me back telling me that they did. Though when I opened the box, sure as hell, there were no clips. I hate being lied to, especially when I am giving people my hard earned money in return for quality parts. I hope to *** that the people that work at Hawks do a little quality control when they are getting the used parts. I am so dissappointed. Sorry to complain so much, but when this happens to you, you will understand.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:42 PM

I forgot to put this in my last post. Anyway, I am not saying that Hawks is a bad place to get parts. I understand that mistakes are made and are unavoidable. I am just speaking my mind as a customer and proud owner who wants his car to look as good as it makes me feel.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:05 AM

Car: 1991 GTA
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: AUTOMATIC
review

Originally posted by TransAmman87
I forgot to put this in my last post. Anyway, I am not saying that Hawks is a bad place to get parts. I understand that mistakes are made and are unavoidable. I am just speaking my mind as a customer and proud owner who wants his car to look as good as it makes me feel.
I know what you mean, but damn, these people got more complaints, and bad reviews than good. So when this happens
to you, you'll be bitchin to.

look at it this way, would you keep feeding a dog that kept
ripping you hand off everytime you tried to feed it.

That's STUPID, so why do people keep buying from a company
that keeps doing us wrong, and lies
Old 11-26-2003, 08:35 AM
Premium Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by TransAmman87
Hi, TransAmman87, I am sorry you were so unhappy and I do apologize about the clips, first I need to ask did you call us to see about returning these and having us send you another set? We are not a bad company to deal with and we do everything we can to keep our customers happy, however to do that we need to hear back from our customers even when there is something wrong and we'll do our best to fix it. I will send you the clips if you can call me and give me your name. Also, as far as the last guys post, have you ever bought anything from us?? and if so what was it?? Unfortunately for all of us suppliers, retailers, vendors, etc.. the majority of post that people do put on here are negative comments, but the people who are happy usually leave it at that and give us more business. This is how we stay in business, by GOOD business. All of our customers know that when they have a problem, call us, we will do our best to fix the problem. As for TransAmman87, call me and I will fix this for you.
As for customers relating to our business or any other, if you have a problem with an order, call the company first before throwing up negative comments, the company does not know what they can not hear. Feedback from our customers is what helps us to grow, so call us or email. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Sincerely,
Bruce Hawkins
Hawks Third Gen Parts
864-855-2694
Old 11-26-2003, 09:24 AM

Location: Doghouse ······································ Car: 1989 Formula 350 Vert Engine: 350 L98 Transmission: 700R4 Axle/Gears: B&W 3.27
Received 165 Likes on 120 Posts
Car: 87 Formula T-Top, 87 Formula HT
Engine: 5.1L TPI, 5.0L TPI
Transmission: 700R4, M5
Axle/Gears: Sag 3.73, B&W 3.45
All I know is that Bruce has always honered his statements, and when someone has had a problem and called to talk to him he has bent over backwards to try and fix the problem.

IF you e-mail him, because of the huge volume of e-mail he surely gets he might miss something, call him and talk to him direct, he often answers the phone, or at least his wife does...

My point is I believe if your honest, he will give you a fair shake.

John
Old 11-26-2003, 02:42 PM

I am sorry if I insulted anyone. I am not trying to bash anyone or say that Hawks is bad, I am just speaking my mind on an experience I had. If the experience is good or bad, I am going to post something, thats the way I am. As a matter of fact, I talked to Bruce and he said that he would send me some better parts and I greatly appreciate that. Hawks will definitely have my business in the future. My situation was not a negative one, it was a positive one because I know I can count on Hawks customer service. Sorry again. Peace Ya'll!