Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Ebay seller warnings

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 02 WS6 White/Ebony
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Stock 3.42
Ebay seller warnings

I have just been screwed over by these 2 people on ebay, so here's a detailed warning and helpful info to avoid them in the future.

Louie Battaglia (ebay seller ID: droptopgta) sold me junk door panels supposedly from an 89 GTA. In the ad he described them as "perfect conditon, no damage" and the pic he used on the ad showed a nice set of door panels with no apparent damage. However, the ones he sent me were no where near perfect conditon as they had extensive wear and damage to them inluding:
Bubbling of vinyl covering around armrest indention. Large, wide area of scratches along the bottom of one panel. Plastic window molding was loose on one panel and a felt was warped, and the molding/felt was completely missing on the other panel. The plastic screw covers for the armrest were missing contrary to his ad stating that it included these. One panel had a map pocket on it and the other one didn't have one or even the holes where one had been mounted. His pic or description didn't show or mention anything about having a map pocket.
The metal mounting brackets on the back were ripped off on one side of each panel. And it took him from 2/22 to 3/17 and several emails from me to get him to even send them to me. I contacted him and tried to resolve this peacefully. An agreement was made over the phone between he and I on 3/18 where I was to ship them back to him, meanwhile he would email me quality pics of his other doorpanels as a replacement so I could decide on a replacement. When asked if he would refund me the cost of the door panels if the others were not as originally advertised he said "yes, but lets try this first". He advised he would send me the pics on Wednesday 3/19 since he had the day off. I advised him I would send the panels back to him on Thursday 3/20 since I had that day off. By 3/20 I still didn't have the pics he promised and I sent his doorpanels back as we agreed. I emailed him letting him know I'd sent them out, but he didn't send me the pics as promised and I just want him to refund the initial $175 and not to worry about the money I spent on return shipping. He responded by email telling me to keep them, he refuses to give me any money back. I then emailed him a nasty email telling him just what a low-life he is and my overall opinion of him. I have contacted my credit card company and they may do a chargeback.
His contact info is:
Louis Battaglia
5 N 310 Neva Terrace
Itasca IL
630 336-1669
louielouie33@aol.com
link to ebay ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...404834370&rd=1

Also I bought a set of grid taillights from a woman named Olga Cubillas (ebay seller ID: realx5) off of ebay that were described as excellent conditon. They arrived very well packaged but the lights were not excellent condition. They had numerous scratches some of which may not be able to be polished out. Not a big deal since I will buff them and then plan on painting them translucent red anyways. But the passenger side light was chipped on the diagonal edge of the pointed side corner. I emailed Olga and asked if she was willing to refund and she said yes. Upon looking at the lights I realized that I could possibly take the good lens of a taillight I already have and use it to fix the light she had. I emailed olga and advised her of what I wanted to do so we could avoid the whole shipping/refund hassle. So I tried removing the lens from the housing I have which ends up being impossible due to a glue like material the factory used. I broke part of the housing on my own light trying to do this. I contacted Olga about this and she sent me a return address via email and then sent another email about 15 minutes later that she changed her mind and for me to not send them back she refuses to refund my money. I thought that was wormy considering I had volunteered to work with her and bent over backwards to try to use the parts she sent me resulting in breaking my own stuff trying to fix her mis-represented lights. This is especially insulting since I had already bought a set of lights off of Derrick Jones on thirdgen.org and he sent me junk too (he did finally refund my money by doing a shipping claim).
Anyways here is her info:
Olga Cubillas
realx02@yahoo.com
Link to ebay ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...405115105&rd=1

Hope this info helps you guys avoid these dishonest people.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:58 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry to hear about you bad deals!

thanks for the info on these people though ..
Old 03-24-2003, 05:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinkin about gettin some stuff off ebay but im startin to think most of the **** is a rip off.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:25 PM

All of the stuff I bought on ebay that was used parts, were either somewhat of a let-down in terms of it's physical condition or complete useless juck because it was worn, or damaged so bad. From now on, if I can't find a used part in a local junkyard that is of satisfactory condition I am going to try to purchase it from IROCDAVE or from one of our sponsors that deal in used parts.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 1SICIROC.....1999 TransAm
Engine: 385 HSR.....LS1
Transmission: 700R4 with Midwest 3400 2.4str...M6
Axle/Gears: SLP Zexel Posi unit 3.42's...3.73's
File a FRAUD complaint on the guy thru EBAY. You should be able to get most or all of your money back.

Also file a Buyer complaint with PAYPAL if thats how you paid for it.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:44 PM

Thanks, I'll do that.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Supreme Member

fry the BAST***S or atleast create a hassle for the both of them.. Mainly the first guy! He has your money and the product!
Old 03-25-2003, 10:29 PM

man that is just ridiculous - it really ticks me off when people in this world just can't be honest and true to their word - I am reallllllly sorry to hear about your misfortune - ehhhhh - I got a guy on these boards that owes me $15 bucks...his name is Nate Smith...I forget his name on the boards but seriously...$15?? what he can't afford it??? damn - I got stuck working 13 hours days 4 days in a row when I was trying to mail out some runners he bought from me for $100......I said listen I'm sorry it took so long to send these out but I finally got em sent 2 day - it cost $30 but since it's my fault I figured I would pay half of it - his last word's were yeah no problem let me just get some money in my paypal account.....hahaha yeah ehhhhhhhhh oh well $15 bucks, but still, its cause of people like that that situations like yours occur....I am at the point now where the only people I can trust is my immediate family....
Old 03-26-2003, 09:09 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 camaro
Engine: 383 sbc
Transmission: th-400
Axle/Gears: 4th Gen 10 bolt/Detroit TrueTrac 4.
that is what you get for dealin' with a chick named olga. just playing. sorry to hear about your loss. i have had a few people take a month to mail my things but i eventually got them.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:49 AM

At least with the first guy you could have checked his feedback and noticed he has EIGHT other negative feedback because of the same problem !!
Old 04-09-2003, 03:17 PM

Car: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
Engine: L98 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Before everyone slags the stuff bought on eBay, I've had good luck with this site. If anyone wants, send me a note and I will send you the vendors/sellers that I deal with that treated me well.

People, remember this is an auction, and buyer beware rules here. I get as much info as I can prior to bidding, and only use Buy it Now if I am 110% sure of the quality. If a seller does not give me the info I want, I do not bid. This includes pics of ALL sides of the piece in question. Should he/she send me junk, I then have phtotgraphic proof of the misdeed and the individual does not stand a chance. Also, make SURE that you check the seller's feedback. I will not deal with anyone with more than 2 negatives in the last 3 months. Also, if I do not see resolution to a dispute, it makes me even more trepidatious.

I am sorry to hear of anyone getting ripped off on eBay. It sours the reputation of what I feel is a great service. Good luck in getting your issue resolved.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:41 PM

hey draino maybe u should stop buying used sh#t and start buying new if u have so many problems with people. i hope all the stuff u sell is in mint shape
Old 04-17-2003, 09:39 PM

You know what, you're right man. And I'll do that now.....every time you send me the money to buy new stuff. Seriously, instead of playing devil's advocate, interpret what I said correctly. When somebody buys an item via the internet or by mail order, all you have is their word or maybe a picture to go by (which flaws can easily be hidden in a pic by just the use of shadows or the lighting you use). When somebody advertises something as "mint condition" "excellent condition" "no damage" "new condition" etc., and you get it and it has damages or is heavily or is in a condition not as described and it is obvious that it is not the result of shipping, then they lied. Period! I don't have a problem with people, not honest people anyways. It's the people who use premeditaded, deliberate, chicken-****, wormy, ratty, lying tactics for their own gain at others people's expense that I have problems with. It's a simple issue, right vs. wrong. I'm not talking about somebody saying "good condition" or something else like that which implies that it is not perfect. I called and asked louie battaglia before sending the payment thru about the condition and he restated verbally that they were in "perfect shape" and assured me I had no reason to worry and if they're were any problems he would make it right. He lied. Olga cubillas sent me stuff that had obvious damages to them and then reneged on taking them back. That's bullsh!t. I didn't ask for the shipping back in either case and I'd prefer they just sent me what they promised instead of having to get refund anyways.
As for the parts I sell, I advertise them to be as accurate as possible. And I will do whatever I can to accomodate them and make things right if a dispute should arise, including refund them the cost of the item.
From you're sh!tty little reply you sound like you're affiliated with Louie Battaglia or Olga Cubillas. Or you sound like you have a guilty conscience. Or you come from a questionable upbringing where you were not taught any manners or tact.

Last edited by drain89; 04-17-2003 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Supreme Member

WOW! Ah, Im going to have to agree with Drain89
Old 04-17-2003, 10:07 PM

Thanks man! It's good to know that they're are at least a few good people left on this board.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:16 PM

Wouldnt be a bad idea to keep a constant thread where people can list crappy ebay sellers just to use as a reference when people want to buy stuff.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:00 PM

Car: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
Engine: L98 TPI
That would be a good idea.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:01 PM

Perhaps i shall suggest it on the forum suggestion board.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:05 AM

I agree, good idea.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:19 AM

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=173868
Old 04-18-2003, 11:06 AM

Car: 86 iroc
Engine: 305
Doesnt ebay have its own feedback boards?If a seller is that bad then it will show somewhat in thier feedback rating.Check feedback before you bid.Just because 1 or 2 people think badly of a seller doesnt make the seller a crook or a bad seller.There is no way you can please everyone.If a seller has 100 positive transactions and 2 negatives this doesnt mean he/she is a bad seller.If this was true nobody would buy from roy at thirdgen resource.Every thread on this company has many more negative responses then good but people continue to buy from them.Now having said this if a seller just takes money and doesnt deliver and makes no attempt to correct a problem then neg. feedback should be left and everyone would see it.To say we need a board here for this is crazy.So I would have to check thier feedback on ebay and then come here and check this thread also.Whats the point if I Can easily check thier feedback on the site Im doing buissness on.Its hard to be riped off if you take the steps to protect yourself.Also there is 2 sides to every story and if a seller doesnt come to these boards then you would only get one side.Ebays feedback sytem lets both sides of the story be told because a seller has a chance to respond,and then a buyer can even follow up on that comment(giving the buyer the last word).Coming to a conclusion when only getting one side of the story is kinda wrong in itself.And no Im not olga or whatever and dont know them.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by zee28
If this was true nobody would buy from roy at thirdgen resource.Every thread on this company has many more negative responses then good but people continue to buy from them...................Also there is 2 sides to every story and if a seller doesnt come to these boards then you would only get one side..........Coming to a conclusion when only getting one side of the story is kinda wrong in itself.
Your sticking your foot in your mouth. Theres no reason to bring Roy or TGR into a post that has nothing to do with them or even comparing them to Ebay seller's which are normally just your everyday person selling their CHIT!!! Yes each party can leave feedback in Ebay but with only a few letters allowed, THAT doesnt give any room for story telling. So it shoud be buyer beware and try to trust who your dealing with from what the description says about the item. But if the description is GROSSLY FALSE from what the items looks like when received then theres a reason to be PISSED!...
Old 04-18-2003, 01:35 PM

I agree with wishmaster, and unfortunately, more and more people from thirdgen (and other boards) are starting to sell stuff on ebay instead of thru the classifieds. This being an online community itended to benefit us enthusiasts by means of information exchange, then if somebody posts on here a warning about some dirt-bag crook on ebay or from any place, then I appreciate it.

Last edited by drain89; 10-08-2003 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:51 PM

Originally posted by zee28
Just because 1 or 2 people think badly of a seller doesnt make the seller a crook or a bad seller.There is no way you can please everyone.
Which is why when i wrote the thread i said: this does not necessarily mean that this person is a bad seller, just someone that warrants a closer look.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:11 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 383 w/Holley Stealth Ram
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Originally posted by Wishmaster's87IROC
File a FRAUD complaint on the guy thru EBAY. You should be able to get most or all of your money back.

Also file a Buyer complaint with PAYPAL if thats how you paid for it.
I agree you get most of your money back minus a fee they charge you. Like insurence sort of. But they only give a certain amount of money. They have a cap on the max fund they pay out. I can't remeber the exact amount but i think it's $200 dollars. also you can get the Ebay member suspended or kick for this. good luck. You can also file a complaint with the BBB if you want. and good luckn again.

Nick

For everyone that reads this and uses ebay if you have a high priced item you want or sell you can use a third party for the transaction. If you go on Ebay they'll explain it to you. another idea for the future.

Last edited by firedawg225; 04-19-2003 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Supreme Member

I had a problem last December with an ebayer. He was from brooklyn park, minnesota. Finally got pissed and filed a complaint through the IFCC run by the FBI, i also filed through paypal and ebay.

I got a call a week later from the brooklyn park polisce department telling me that they went and knocked on his door and told him that if he didn't have my item sent a week later he was going to be back to arrest him. Needless to say i got my product.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2004 Chevy Avalanche
Engine: Some that run, some that don't
Transmission: 700R4's, a T-5, and a Turbo 350
Unfortunately, a few bad eBay sellers can really ruin it for everybody. I sell a lot of thirdgen parts on eBay and I only sell stuff that I would use on my own car. Even if the part has a few minor scratches that nobody will notice I still list it. Most people tell me my parts are in better condition that advertised but I'd rather have it that way than have a bunch of unsatisfied customers. What I think you really need to watch out for are the people who don't usually deal in thirdgenparts and just happen to be getting rid of a few things. Try to stick to buyers who sell large amounts of parts because they should have a better idea of what a quality part is. My user name is "thirdgenranch" and I have a good amount of parts on each week. I'm sure I've sold parts to many people on Thirdgen.org without ever knowing who there are. Other thirdgen sellers include thirdgenparts, tommygun006, and bbisek. Of course, there are others but these are sellers I know of with good feedback that sell a good amount of parts. Of course, I'd prefer you buy your parts from me (thirdgenranch).

Last edited by LFN AT U; 04-26-2003 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:00 PM

Car: 87 Black Formula
Engine: Rollercammed Lg4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10 Bolt Locker
I agree with this topic, and in my case being screwed on the parts I buy, is sometimes really expensive.

I just bought a set of taillights and centerpiece for a 85-90 trans am;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2432053770

And I got them yesterday. I asked for a better picture, and he sent me a couple, and the lights looked ok. When they arrived they where satisfactory, allthough the left one had a crack in the outer lens app. 1 inch long. I can live with that I guess.

But the center piece had all four tabs severly cracked, and both of the right ones where completely gone away.. I found 7 small pieces of plastic inside the box.. THe whole flange where the mountingtabs is, had 3 inches long cracks on both sides.. So if I somehow managed to glue this together, I think it would just fall of some day..

I had to pay $100 fir it + insur, and local ship. Additionally I had to pay another $100 for the shipping to my country.

The thing that pisses me off, is that I now have to get another centerpiece, and pay the expensive shipping ones more..
I guess that in total, with another centerpiece I will have to pay something like $130 for it.

I have asked for a partly refund though, but that would only cover the item price if the center piece, not the insurance, ship. in the US and the shipping abroad. I havent heard from him yet though...

Last edited by tilstad; 10-07-2003 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:46 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro IROC
Engine: 350 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9 bolt posi (non 1le)
Thats why I'm afraid to order offa the internet. Mainly because if im dis-satisified and the seller is a jerk, I can't go over to his house and punch his teeth out.

Good luck getting your dilly back
Old 10-09-2003, 12:27 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '91 Formula
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH350 built
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Well I guess I ve had good luck on ebay so far. Iv bought and sould quite a bit of stuff and only had one problem. I thought I would save a few bucks on a set of hood shocks. Got them and installe them and the first time I closed the hood a bunch of liquid and air came out, and they offered no resistance to the weight of the hood after that. Was kind of funny in a way, I could laugh since they only cost lik $15. I emailed the guy and the said if I paid to sent them back and he examined them he would refund my money. I threw them in the trash and went down to Autozone and bought a new pair for like $30.

I have made some good deals on 52MM BBK Throttle body, and a Superram Plenuma and runners for like $300 (that was on this board I guess).

very important to check feedback, but if someone is really a crook, the get a few negative feedbacks and create a new user name. Best way it someone with a lot of transactions and little or no negative feedback.

Im glad its there although its not perfect
Old 10-22-2003, 11:05 PM

Car: 1990 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
i usually have good luck too got screwed over on some headers tho...guy wouldnt give me my money back even afte i was gonna have to spend 25 bucks just to send them back...live and learn i guess.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Banned
TGO - 10 Year Member

Car: 85 IROC-Z
Engine: magflatoVE
Axle/Gears: 9" 411
I've done alot of transactions on TGO's classified I had no problem yet as buyer or seller.
On Ebay as buyer I've had good luck. So far as a seller I was screwed once, the guy did not want to pay for the item after he won it.
My friend got screwed really bad (he was the seller)
he sold a T5 WC on Ebay and after one month the buyer sent the T5 back with a broken tail housing. The buyer even got his money back through Paypal(it was about $500).

Last edited by 400Z28Racer; 10-29-2003 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:09 PM

Car: 1986 Trans Am
Engine: Mighty LG4
Re: Ebay seller warnings

Hey LFN ATU (Thirdgenranch) Denny Bruns, still preaching about being a safe seller on ebay. Then why haven't you refunded my $370.50 for the parts I bought from you and paid for back in Sept 10/07? Items 320155143671 and 320155143882. It's been so long, I don't even has the car that I was going to put the parts in. What happened? Did you sell them twice, run out of money or parts? Or just needed some quick cash?? If I seem bitter, its because to me, thats a lot of cash and I have given you over 3 months to do something about it and you ignore me!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Supreme Member

Wow you gave him 3 months I would of gave it a week from when it was suppose to be there then take the necessary actions in paypal.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:41 AM

Car: 87 Black Formula
Engine: Rollercammed Lg4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10 Bolt Locker

Hey, that was posted 4 years ago!! this is a way old post, but guess it's still valid. Question is if that guy is still around anymore. Guess we will see quite soon.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM

:louielouie33@aol.com

My friend Philipp bought a car from him last november. It was agreed that he gets the payment till February even he got a downpayment of more then $ 4000 for the 1982 Recaro Trans Am.
Since i thought i know Louis i organised the deal for my friend cause his english is not that good and he is not experienced in buying cars from the states.
Well in march when the car was supposed 2 be picked up, Louis wouldnt give us the Vin or the storage address. He came up with all kinds of excuses until a few weeks ago when he finally told that he never owned the car and it was sold to somebody else.

He doesnt wanna give the money back or the parts we ordered 2 his house which had a value of more then $ 1500 .
Now my friend ordered a Laywer in Itasca, Il so at least hopefully he gets his money back.

This is all a real nightmare 4 me as well since i hooked up the deal cause i thought Louis was a friend. Well i guess i was wrong. Now he doesnt even respond 2 Emails or anything.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:50 PM
On Probation

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1982 Trans Am KITT Replica
Engine: LU5 305 CROSSFIRE
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3:23

Originally Posted by AlexxSkunk66
:louielouie33@aol.com

My friend Philipp bought a car from him last november. It was agreed that he gets the payment till February even he got a downpayment of more then $ 4000 for the 1982 Recaro Trans Am.
Since i thought i know Louis i organised the deal for my friend cause his english is not that good and he is not experienced in buying cars from the states.
Well in march when the car was supposed 2 be picked up, Louis wouldnt give us the Vin or the storage address. He came up with all kinds of excuses until a few weeks ago when he finally told that he never owned the car and it was sold to somebody else.

He doesnt wanna give the money back or the parts we ordered 2 his house which had a value of more then $ 1500 .
Now my friend ordered a Laywer in Itasca, Il so at least hopefully he gets his money back.

This is all a real nightmare 4 me as well since i hooked up the deal cause i thought Louis was a friend. Well i guess i was wrong. Now he doesnt even respond 2 Emails or anything.

Just to bring this up

This clown is on ebay again user id transam7092

Looks like he's selling a '89 TTA on ebay

BUYER BEWARE !!!