Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

RK sports billit shift knobs! will it fit my ripper shifter

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 05:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RK sports billit shift *****! will it fit my ripper shifter

Ive seen those billit shifter ***** in the RK sport magazine(sort of looks stock but its billit w/black and the red bowtie emblem on it) and i want to order it and want to know if it will fit,but i have a B&M ripper shifter. I called them and they dont have a clue. All i know is that the RK's **** is a 2.5" somthing. thats what it says on the magazine. please help.

P.S one more thing i've been wanting to post a pic of my camaro and duster for some time now and i dont have the slightest clue. I have my pics in photopoint now what should i do. Im no expert in computers so please help me out. If possible please write in order every single thing i have to do in order to put in a pic. thanks

------------------
92' camaro
New 305 block TPI conversion, Flat top pistons,Bore over .30 Forged parts all around,Edelbrock intake,ported plennum,ported corvette alluminum heads, accel cam,52mm throttle bodie, SLP runners Home aid cold air induction, Air foil,ford SVO 19lb injectors,fuel regulator,cloys timing chain, comp alluminum roller rocker arms and pushrods MSD 8.5 mm wires, bosch plattinum plugs, hypertech cap & rotor and coil, Edelbrock TES headers, free flowing catalytic converter and a 3 inch force II flowmaster exhaust system, and a 3 inch cutout,Zoom multi friction clutch, T-5 tranny,billenstien shocks&struts.
Soon to come!!!
Procharger system 12lbs o boost.
New paint job(hawaiin orchid purple)Cast alluminum ZR1 rims w/ 275 tires.
Favorite quote: "where ever u go, there u are"

Other car;
1971 plymouth Duster
Mods:340,edelbrock victor jr. intake, 650 4 barrel holley, heddman headers,40 series dual flowmasters, cold air intake,4:10 gears, just got a new paint job and cragar rims with 315 tires in the back.
:Yeah its not a chevy but damn how many 71' dusters have u seen in the streets.
Old 03-08-2001, 05:13 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 2001 Camaro SS
Engine: Almighty LS1
Transmission: T56
Ok... the shift **** probably won't fit... atleast not without you re-tapping the thing ... I've tried basically every damn shift **** on my ripper shifter and none of em fit... B&M's slip right on and they have some fairly nice ones

As for the pictures... basically all you need to do is [img] your pic URL here (case sensitive by the way) then end with [/img]

No spaces between it... so it looks like one line hope that helps some... theres also tips in the UBB Code is ON link to the left when you respond ot a post :: points to the Your Reply: with the *HTML is On *UBB Code is ON and Smilies Legend:: See?
Old 03-08-2001, 06:13 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: Met. Silver 85 IROC/Sold
Engine: 350 HO Deluxe (350ci/330hp)
Transmission: T-5 (Non-WC)
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3.23's
Hey, Demon,

I've considered the B&M "Hammer" shifter for my Ripper. The company makes one for 82-92 Camaros. Does it have a set-screw at the rear of the handle or does it simply screw into place?

JamesC

------------------
Old 03-08-2001, 04:34 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2001 Camaro SS
Engine: Almighty LS1
Transmission: T56
I'm not sure on those ones, sorry... I would think they'd screw right on without having to use and of the adapter things they package with the *****... B&M is kinda funky like that... not much will work on their shifters, lol

In fact... I think their ***** are the ONLY ones that will work unless you get the other modified cause that stick is pretty wide... I've had summit and jegs both tell me other ***** would work... hehehe they didn't... they learned quickly to actually find information on the ***** and shifters before telling anyone they do or don't work
Old 03-08-2001, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's "BILLET" not "billit"
Old 03-09-2001, 05:20 PM
Supreme Member

Does anyone know if B&M sell shifter ***** that sort of look factory( the ball). I really liked the **** from Rk sports and want the black with the chevy bowtie logo. Is there a place where they might customize a shifter **** for ripper shifters.

------------------
92' camaro
New 305 block TPI conversion, Flat top pistons,Bore over .30 Forged parts all around,Edelbrock intake,ported plennum,ported corvette alluminum heads, accel cam,52mm throttle bodie, SLP runners Home aid cold air induction, Air foil,ford SVO 19lb injectors,fuel regulator,cloys timing chain, comp alluminum roller rocker arms and pushrods MSD 8.5 mm wires, bosch plattinum plugs, hypertech cap & rotor and coil, Edelbrock TES headers, free flowing catalytic converter and a 3 inch force II flowmaster exhaust system, and a 3 inch cutout,Zoom multi friction clutch, T-5 tranny,billenstien shocks&struts.
Soon to come!!!
Procharger system 12lbs o boost.
New paint job(hawaiin orchid purple)Cast alluminum ZR1 rims w/ 275 tires.
Favorite quote: "where ever u go, there u are"

Other car;
1971 plymouth Duster
Mods:340,edelbrock victor jr. intake, 650 4 barrel holley, heddman headers,40 series dual flowmasters, cold air intake,4:10 gears, just got a new paint job and cragar rims with 315 tires in the back.
:Yeah its not a chevy but damn how many 71' dusters have u seen in the streets.
Old 03-09-2001, 07:46 PM

Hmmmm.... I just ordered the Ripper shifter and a new **** made by Hurst. Will I be able to adapt the **** with those thread inserts that come with t-handle's? The ad description said the shifter was threaded for the factory ****. After reading your posts it sounds like the thread is different. I'll be really pissed if I have to return the ****, I really wanted it. (black/round **** with a gold 50th aniv. Nascar logo)

Barry Izold
89 T/A, GTA
Modded 350/T-5
Old 03-12-2001, 10:28 AM

My Hurst T-Handle universal metric threading version pin 153 0018 comes with the largest adapter of 12mm x1.5, exactly the right threading size for my Hurst Comp Plus shifter. Stock shifter threading is something like 16mmx1.5, without and of the adapters my T-Handle fit loose on the stock threaded shifter and with lots of teflon tape the wiggle will be gone. However since you can not use a jam nut that way the t-handle will screw and unscrew slightly while shifting. Your best bet is to get a die and resize the shifter rod itself that way the jamnut can still be used.

B&M also makes a universal T-Handle, stick away from it, my bud Mario tried it with his B&M Ripper it was too small, waist of 30bucks. Don't know about the B&M Hammerhead or whatever it's called, since that's a different version.

------------------
1989 Camaro RS LO3 WCT5
http://350.StreetRacing.org