Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

Edelbrock Touring Suspenion kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 Iroc
Engine: Soon to be LS 6.0
Transmission: Soon to be mn12
Axle/Gears: Strange 9in 4.10
Edelbrock Touring Suspenion kit

Edelbrock Touring Suspension Kits include the best combination of components needed to upgrade your stock suspension and improve handling. Edelbrock Touring Kits are the entry level and most economical upgrade in our line of kits. They are tailored for each vehicle specific application and are available for GM A-body, Gbody, F-body vehicles and Ford Mustangs. Kits include all of the necessary hardware, installation instructions and use the stock mounting locations for a simple install. See the chart below for a complete list of components in each kit.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...part=EDL-52063
This kit includes:

Front Sway Bar
5274 - Lower Trailing Arms
5280 - Torque Arm
5222 - Adjustable Panhard Rod
5231 - Spring Set (4)
52875 - Rear Sway Bar

Shocks sold seperately.

Part# 52063

Retail: Roughly $1,100

What do you think of this?
Old 05-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Supreme Member

Received 338 Likes on 275 Posts
Car: 89RS vert
Engine: Erod
Transmission: 4L65e
Axle/Gears: BW, 3.27
Re: Edelbrock Touring Suspenion kit

I think Edelbrock bought the Hotchkis tooling.Since Hotchkis stopped producing components for our 3rd gens.....bastards!Not saying Hotchkis is bad.Ive got alot of there $hit on my 84, but Im guessing these are the same thing built to the same specs.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the lower control arms and panhard rod from that kit on my car. I don't think you need the new sway bar because the stock sway bars on the IROC's were solid depending on the year and the correct diameters. Nor do I think you need the springs either I.M.O because according to Herb Adams, the spring rate doesn't change over time and your stock springs will settle over time to the correct "lowered" height through natural sagging-or something like that. Go to the library and take out his book Chassis engineering.

What is worthwile is getting polyurethane bushings, especially the endlinks for your stock sway bars (pick any company, I used energy suspension) and nylon bushings from Global West (sorry, that's the only people I could find that still made nylon bushings for our cars) for your front lower Control Arms.

I would recommend Edelbroks lower control arms because they used Spherical ball assembly with Delrin bushings and I only got the adjustable panhard bar from Edelbrock because it was recommended. The trailing arm I can't tell you from experience, but that was next on my list. Also, I would recommend getting new shocks. With that setup, my car rode a lot stiffer, probably because of the shocks, but it did bite better and i no longer had as bad wheel hop issues with the lower control arms when I floored the throttle.

Also, autocrossing in the rain with this setup I din't have wheel hop issues starting and it took more to break the car loose in the turns.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Trans Am
Engine: L98
Transmission: T56

Originally Posted by 84 1LE
I think Edelbrock bought the Hotchkis tooling.Since Hotchkis stopped producing components for our 3rd gens.....bastards!Not saying Hotchkis is bad.Ive got alot of there $hit on my 84, but Im guessing these are the same thing built to the same specs.
I would assume by your sig that you have Ground Control weight jacks? The stance is almost perfect IMO.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 338 Likes on 275 Posts
Car: 89RS vert
Engine: Erod
Transmission: 4L65e
Axle/Gears: BW, 3.27

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
I would assume by your sig that you have Ground Control weight jacks? The stance is almost perfect IMO.
Correct G.C all the way around.