Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

Problems with Holley Annilator Ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with Holley Annilator Ignition?

Has anyone every had problems with the holley annilator ignition?

When idling at a stop light, my car will quit running for a split second. Sometimes the engine will recover and keep running and once in a while it will totally stall(very embarrassing). It starts right up after this with no problem. It does this about every 20 seconds.
It will also do this when idling around at a slow speed, but it won't stall.
The frequency of this occurance increases as the car warms up from normal driving. It doesn't show up at all when I first start the car and run around.
When I check under the hood all wires seen to be good(including grounds), but have noticed that the ignition box is very warm.

Should a digital ignition box get that warm?

Other than this problem my car runs great.

My car is carbed and has HEI with the Annilator. I put the ignition on this spring and has only 250 miles on it. Its been sitting in my closet for awhile, so no warranty.

Any help would be great!
Old 09-04-2004, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 camaro rs, 01cadillac sls,
Engine: 357ci
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
i haven't been to happy with mine either. last weekend i was at the track and the car ran good out of the hole and 560 ft times in the 2.2-- and then the car would die ofand cross the 1/8 mile at 10.26 which is horrible. well we troubleshot the car today and hooked up the stock ignition and it is not falling off in the top end. i don't know how old your box is but mine is only 15months old... i havee alot of holley stuff on my car but, that may be the last....