Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

Have you rebuilt your suspension, I need to know wha to buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 08:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you rebuilt your suspension, I need to know wha to buy

I plan on doing over a good portion of my suspension and i have a list of things i plan on buying. please tell me your expirences with the following products:
eibach pro-kit springs
KYB AGX shocks
KYB GR-2 struts
lakewood adj. panhard rod
lakewood conrol arms
Jegster Sub-frame conectors
Edelbrock tbi strut tower brace
thanks

------------------
90 RS 305 tbi, 4 3/4" cowl Hood, Crane roller cam, comp roller rockers, vortec heads/intake, ported tbi, w/new injectors, 1 inch tbi spacer, air foil, 14x4 k&n flat base air cleaner, Rebuilt 700r4 w/ B&M shift kit, B&M Megashifter, 3.23 posi, 2 12 RF's with mtx amp, top of line alpine cd player, soon to have 90-91 gfx, z-28 wing, new paintjob, rims, and all new lowered suspension
Old 10-18-2001, 10:10 AM

You might also want to get poly front control arm bushings. They will keep the suspension from deflecting under hard cornering, and a kit will come with poly bushings for the sway bar and end links. I've experienced the difference on two cars and it was very noticeable. If you are doing springs you might as well do bushings now, especially if you have to rebuild your front end. PST, performance suspension technology sells a fr. end kit w/ polygraphite bushings for 159 for our cars. Just type p-s-t to do a search.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:33 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 Crate Motor
Transmission: Tremec TKO
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt 3.73
I also have the Pro-Kit Springs,KYB's,Lakewood Adjustable Panhard and Control Arms,though I'm using a Ground Control Strut-Tower Brace and Caster/Camber Adjusters.I've been very satisfied with all of the above.
KYB's are, in my opinion, the best shock you can get for less than $100 apiece.
The Lakewood Control Arms and Adjustable Panhard Bar are,in my opinion, just as good as the Hotchkis ones at half the price.
I have the Global West Del-A-Lum A-Arm Bushings,which I think are much better than polyurethane.I used to run the Herb Adams Steel Bushings up front, but I don't know if they're still available.
You might also want to look into caster/camber adjusters if you want your front tires to last on your lowered F-body.
-Rich-

Old 10-19-2001, 02:21 PM

Car: 85 Trans Am
Engine: LB9
Transmission: 700R4
I have the Lakewood stuff and the Eibachs and they work great. I would strongly recommend the Bilstein shocks. It's a bit more money but worth it now. Replace your front control arm bushings with poly (it is a royal PITA) and the ball joints (Moog makes a heavy duty unit.)

Of all the things you are doing, the springs and shocks make the most difference. Don't skimp on the shocks.
Old 10-20-2001, 04:11 PM

how much is all that stuff, im probably going to have to do suspension work this winter, just an estimate for total

------------------
Trent
---Car---
89 Firebird/305 L03 TBI A4/t-tops
Open Element Edelbrock Aircleaner w/ K&N air filter/Summit Chrome Valve Covers
---Stero---
Pioneer DEH-P730 Premium
Infinity 2way 4652 4x6's/Pioneer 4way ts-a6985 6x9's
profile cl640 110x4
----Comming in a few days----
Edelbrock TES headers 3" out/flowmaster American thunder 3" exaust/Catco HighFlow catco cat
Old 10-20-2001, 04:17 PM
Banned

all of that stuff is a total of 1000$ but after doing some researh i am going with sphon, lca's, panhard bar and sfc's so thats like 100 doaalrs more

------------------
90 RS 305 tbi, 4 3/4" cowl Hood, Edelbrock TES headers, Flowmaster exhaust, Crane roller cam, comp roller rockers, vortec heads/intake, ported tbi, w/new injectors, 1 inch tbi spacer, air foil, 14x4 k&n flat base air cleaner, Rebuilt 700r4 w/ B&M shift kit, B&M Megashifter, 3.23 posi, 2 12 RF's with mtx amp, top of line alpine cd player, soon to have 90-91 gfx, z-28 wing, new paintjob, rims, and all new lowered suspension. MSD probillet distributer, and coil in the mail
Old 10-21-2001, 12:18 PM

1)Search Ebay for control arms--you will find 2 different offerings. They may say they are for LS1/LT1, but if you look at the description, they are for 3rd gens as well. The two auctions are identical--they are for brand new billet aluminum rear lower control arms. $125 for either set--GREAT DEAL

Plus, search for that panhard and you will get a billet aluminum rod by the same company. Again, it may say LS1/LT1 on the search result page, but click on it and look at the description--it fits your car. The is also an auction for a Global West Panhard. Either one is about $100 last time I looked (no one had bid yet and they had been there a couple days, I don't think anyone will)

All of the items are adjustable and have rod ends with aircraft bearings--top of the line products!

I'd buy them myself, but I'm going to save more money and make my own chrome moly parts with rod ends.

2)BMR (bmrfabrication.com or something, search google for "bmr performance") makes good products for less than a lot of companies charge. The make all of the products you are asking about. If I were you, I would get parts with rod ends with aircraft bearings, not poly bushings.

------------------
91 formula WS6 305 tpi, true dual exhaust