Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

Latest atrocity from the land of G. Dubya B.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 12:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 88 IROC-Z - original owner!
Engine: LB9 with K&Ns, MSD, Foil, Taylor
Transmission: WC T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 9-bolt, 3.45 posi
Latest atrocity from the land of G. Dubya B.

Check this out!

http://www.eetimes.com/story/OEG20010906S0167

How would you like to have *that* piece of work installed in your car? Mandatory!

Just think...you're doing the responsible thing as being the desiginated driver on a night out with the buddies. You pile a couple of your buddies in your car who've had a few too many so you can take them home, and the next thing you know, you're swarmed upon by a couple cop cars, guns drawn, and they have YOU doing tricks on the sidewalk and blowing up a balloon, plus searching your car for any contraband. Yeah, right, TCU. No thanks.

What will those southern conservatives come up with next? Jeez.....

Old 09-08-2001, 04:51 PM

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Car: 82 Berlinetta/57 Bel Air
Engine: LS1/LQ4
Transmission: 4L60E/4L80E
Axle/Gears: 12B-3.73/9"-3.89
You're from California - the land of tree huggers, mandatory electric cars (coupled with rolling black-outs courtesy of "Gray-out Davis" - how's that for logic?), the most restrictive emissions laws in the world - and you have the gall to complain about "southern conservatives"?

------------------
82 Berlinetta, orig V-6 car, now w/86 LG4/TH700R4. 2.93 limited slip. 2-1/2" cat-back, ZZ3 intake, Accel HEI SuperCoil. AMSOIL syn lubes bumper-to-bumper. Daily driver, work-in-progress (LG4 CC system w/'87 LB9 block, ZZ3 cam, ported World 305 heads, Hooker 2055 headers, 3" Catco cat & 3" catback, restalled TC, Spohn SFCs).
57 Bel Air, my 1st car. '66 396, 9.7 CR forged TRWs, Weiand Action+, Holley 750VS w/4150 conversion, GK 270 cam, Magnum rockers, Jacobs Omnipack, 1-3/4" Hedders & 3" Warlocks, TH400 w/TCI Sat Night Special conv & Trans-Scat shift kit, MegaShifter, 3.08 8.2" 10-bolt w/Powertrax, AMSOIL syn lubes bumper-to-bumper. Idles smooth @ 600 RPM in D. Best 15.02/95.06 @ 5800' Bandimere (corrected 13.93/102.4 @ sea level).

[This message has been edited by five7kid (edited September 09, 2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 06:15 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I agree with my fellow Coloradan five7kid, you have nothing to complain about there in Texas. I hope that Colorado isn't the next to fall victim to those left wing environmentalist wackos, cuz if so, I think I'll be moving somewhere else!!

------------------
1987 Chevy Camaro IROC-Z
L98 TPI 350 (5.7L)
TH 700R-4 Transmission
Borg Warner 7.75" 9 Bolt Rear End with 2.77:1 Gears.

Current Mods: LT4 HOT Cam, Comp Cams 1.52:1 Roller Rocker Arms, Accel High Flow TPI Baseplate, Edelbrock TES 1 5/8" Headers, Catco 3" High-Flow Catalytic Converter, Hooker 3" Aerochamber Cat-Back System, Transgo Shift Kit, Performance Resource Chip, Accel Ignition, K&N Filters, Jet TPI Air Foil, All Free Mods, Falken ZIEX Z-Rated Tires.

Best ET: 14.32 @ 97.7mph
(corrected for elevation)
Old 09-08-2001, 06:35 PM

Bad idea.. complaining about conservatives on a car website. Hate to break it to you, but most guys who love their cars love their Republicans. Ya see, republicans may make laws somewhat harsher for us when we are breaking the law, but liberals democrats are the people who make us unable to drive our cars. Thanks to them, we have to abide by meaningless emissions laws, which we all know how to circumvent. Laws that were designed to keep people from driving cars that had fallen into disrepair and were smogging up the country ended up seriously dampering the fun of 1% of the population who may pollute slightly more because they modify autos for a hobby/sport. Thanks to liberals, we have the Honda Insight. Thanks to liberals, v8s may eventually become extinct. Did you know that just two months ago, there was a bill going through congress that would have upped the required average gas mileage for autos to be raised 10 MPG, and the same with trucks??? Do you know how many unnecessary deaths would have been caused when the new cars coming out were slower and 50% lighter (read: deadly when involved in accident)? My gawd, next you might as well go to a web site for hunters and bitch about how you think PETA has an unnecessary bad reputation around your parts.

Wow.

Jon
UW Madison Political Science major

------------------
89 GTA
Beautiful Gunmetal gray, LB9 305 and T5 tranny. Only 60,000 miles!
Dual cats, 3"flomaster
Accel 300+ Ignition, wires, cap, coil, etc
Airfoil
KN Airfilter
Removed Screens on MAF
SLP 1 3/4 headers
No Smog/AIR system
Old 09-08-2001, 08:04 PM

First of all, Tremo, what the hell does this article have to do with George Bush Jr.? So now anything that goes on inside the state of Texas in a PRIVATE institution is HIS fault?

I'm a conservative, and from the south, and I think the idea is ****ing stupid as well. I do not believe in the government protecting people from every possible danger, if any at all save for foreign invasion. In fact, that belief sounds quite LIBERAL, rather than conservative, and would coincide nicely with all the handouts that allow people to thrive who, without them, would surely die. Perhaps you should brush up on some political science .

This is as non-tech as it gets.

------------------
1990 IROC 350
Mods: Too busy trying to make it run right to mod it.
Airfoil, Dynomax cat-back, MSD coil, 180 t-stat, Bald Eagle tires,
Hypertech fan switch, Accel 23# injectors, Holley module, ported plenum,
Ported Daytona Yellow stock base, Moroso valve covers, other stuff,
Streetdampr, Ruger P95DC, hot wife, new oil filter, !cats, !TBC, !AIR.
18.0 @ 85MPH since I'm one big-a$$ MF
"It's better to have and not need than to need and not have."