Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

McCord cutout = piece of #@#% !

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001, 09:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McCord cutout = piece of #@#% !

I'd just like to make everyone aware not to buy a McCord power cutout from www.empiremotorsports.net ! After having one for about 3 months, I finally took it off. It's been replaced twice by Barry (the owner) due to very poor craftsmanship. The first literally fell apart after the first DAY of having it on. The pieces went into my exhaust system and my muffler and I can still hear them rattling in there. The 2nd one lasted a whole TWO days before it fell apart again. The bolts that hold the butterfly unscrew themselves and the rubber viton seals fly out leaving you with an inoperable unit and big exhaust leak.

Bolts dont go flying because the "wiring was poor". I used the wires that shipped with the unit and hooked up the ground to the chasis and the power wire to the back of the deck where the deck gets its power. Barry is trying to tell me it needs a 10 AMP power source, when the wire that comes with the unit has an inline ONE amp fuse on it. I'm sure the yellow wire that goes to the deck can provide at least one amp.

------------------
92 Z28 5.7
------------------
Trick Flow 23° heads, Comp Cams XR270HR-10 cam, Accel intake base + ported TPI,
TES headers, Flowmaster catback, MSD ignition, #24 SVO injectors, 1LE aluminum driveshaft.

Click here to see pics of my car !

[This message has been edited by Synergy (edited June 24, 2001).]